PDA

View Full Version : I'm attempting to plan a Car Show for a fundraiser, help from you guys?

sgplayer69
05-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Hey all,

posted this on a couple of other forums to get as much as I can get out of it!

So a little background info haha: I'm currently working with a Non-profit organization in the city that teaches business english to foreigners and has an internship program for practicing this stuff, it's called Pursue Your Dream Foundation (PYD). We've recently started a Relief Fund, called DUH!, for Direct Universal Hope, and right now our current focus is on the Japanese Crisis, which, while not on the news due to Osama dead and Libya, is still very much ongoing. While we are late in the game, the benefit of our charity is that we are actually in contact and working with the politicians of the locations in Japan that were affected, such as the Miyagi Prefecture.

The issue with Red Cross and Lion's Club is that they are so big that 1) the money that you donate usually doesn't go to what you're actually donating it to 2) because of all the bureaucratic red tape the relief does not travel very fast to where it needs to go, and 3) only a percentage of every dollar actually goes toward the relief. Money is needed for administrative salaries, and other things that accompany such a large organization. The benefit of DUH! is that we are relatively smaller and can move donations quickly and effectively to where it needs to go (currently we are working on a tracking process so that you will be able to actually see where your donation goes! :shhh:). We also are aiming for at least a 96% rate of every dollar to go to where it needs to go, after the inevitable fees a charity must pay.

Anyway, now to the fun part! I am interested in setting up a Car Show as a fundraiser for Japan, possibly sponsored by Eurostylez :eeps: It could range from anything to BMWs to any euro to exotics, really any cool cars! My goal is to have some nice cars, people coming from all over, and just having a good time in general. I'd like to have food, music, and hopefully sponsors and raffles, I really want to make this a legitimate production :hi: PYD will be there to support and have a good time as well :) I'd like to do it in the Westchester, NY, area because my father has some access to permits where we can get parks and/or lots all for ourselves and the show!

If anyone would like to be a part of this to help me out with this, feel free to post up here or get in touch with me another way. If I'm leaving anything out please let me know! I really want to make this a good time. And of course, all donations will go directly to the people that are really suffering right now, they can use every penny! :thumbsup:

Thanks
Nick

M3TA5IN
05-06-2011, 10:54 AM
West Chester, PA?

sgplayer69
05-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Westchester County, NY, sry!

billschusteriv
06-20-2011, 07:09 AM
Sorry I missed this... how did planning for the show go?