PDA

View Full Version : Bottom navigation menu...

zhpnsnv
05-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Not sure how to explain this, but I'll try:

On BF, when you're in a thread and get to the bottom of the page, the navigation dropdown menu is already set to the forum you're on with a "go" next to it. It makes it easy to get to the bottom of a page, click, and you're back to the thread list. Here, every time you click that menu, you're taken to the top.

It's not a big deal. I just like the way BF does it.

danewilson77
05-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Not sure how to explain this, but I'll try:

On BF, when you're in a thread and get to the bottom of the page, the navigation dropdown menu is already set to the forum you're on with a "go" next to it. It makes it easy to get to the bottom of a page, click, and you're back to the thread list. Here, every time you click that menu, you're taken to the top.

It's not a big deal. I just like the way BF does it.

Whats BF?

Marcus-SanDiego
05-07-2011, 11:06 AM
I see what you're saying. I know exactly what you're talking about, too.

I'm not sure if it is a feature that was available to users of the version they're using (BF is using an outdated, old version of vbulletin). I'll check around to see if there is a way to have it defaulted to the exact forum you're in.

Our version makes you hit the drop down box and choose the forum.

zhpnsnv
05-07-2011, 11:22 AM
Our version makes you hit the drop down box and choose the forum.

Right, and the option next to the drop down is "top" instead of "go." Again, it's minutia in the grand scheme of things.

Marcus-SanDiego
05-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Correct. On our forum, you hit top. Then you can choose the forum. Ours requires one extra click. You just choose which one you want. See arrows.

See:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/marcussandiego/navigation-1.png

As you said, it ain't that big of a deal (in the grand scheme of things). We might have something on our site that they don't have. Always a trade off. Your comments are always welcome.