PDA

View Full Version : LOWERING SPRINGS

norman@southbayBMW
05-09-2011, 08:23 PM
What do u guys recommend

M0nk3y
05-09-2011, 08:24 PM
How much drop are you looking for?

Is the the car ever going to be tracked, autocrossed?

Is your car a daily driver or a show car?

Etc...

norman@southbayBMW
05-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Daily driven and sometime track but not autocross....not too low

bullfrogs_M3
05-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Vogtland Springs with Bilstein Struts is a great combo. Mildly aggressive drop with excellent struts (think OEM)

Ryans323i
05-10-2011, 07:30 AM
I have Eibach Pro-kit springs paired with dual acting struts/shocks. Lowered me about 1.5". The ride is a little stiffer than it was with the factory sport susp, but it's still very comfortable. Takes bumps (like small chips in hwy pavement, and manhole covers) at speeds higher than 35mph very well, barely feel them throughout the cabin. Bumps taken at lower speeds are easily decipherable, but not harsh. Had the springs on over 30k miles and they're still firm, like they're brand new. I recommend them wholeheartedly.

mimalmo
05-10-2011, 07:32 AM
I run KW V2 coilovers.

pyreguy
05-10-2011, 07:45 AM
I'm very happy with my H&R Sports. When my stock shocks wear out, I will replace them with some Bilstein shocks or maybe some coilovers if I have the fundage. I like where the springs put me heightwise and I prefer the ride better than stock.

Sent using alien technology and Tapatalk

norman@southbayBMW
05-10-2011, 08:17 PM
i have eibach pro-kit springs paired with dual acting struts/shocks. Lowered me about 1.5". The ride is a little stiffer than it was with the factory sport susp, but it's still very comfortable. Takes bumps (like small chips in hwy pavement, and manhole covers) at speeds higher than 35mph very well, barely feel them throughout the cabin. Bumps taken at lower speeds are easily decipherable, but not harsh. Had the springs on over 30k miles and they're still firm, like they're brand new. I recommend them wholeheartedly.
i was thinking about that eiback pro kit too but i am going to use the oe struts would that work???

norman@southbayBMW
05-10-2011, 08:20 PM
i'm very happy with my h&r sports. When my stock shocks wear out, i will replace them with some bilstein shocks or maybe some coilovers if i have the fundage. I like where the springs put me heightwise and i prefer the ride better than stock.

Sent using alien technology and tapatalk

i am debating between the eiback pro kit and h&r sports they r the same price

Ryans323i
05-12-2011, 09:06 AM
i was thinking about that eiback pro kit too but i am going to use the oe struts would that work???

Yes the OE struts and shocks work with the Eibach kit.