PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth retrofit with factory Nav?

aurelius
05-12-2011, 08:21 AM
Background - see step #5 here:

http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=797072

So I know which parts I need but here's the dilemma:

With factory-installed Nav, I need the Connects2 kit ending with 008 in its part number. Which requires running a new mic from the hardware in the trunk to the mic grill in the sunroof switch panel. Which does not sound fun.

Anyone done it?

Also, I may be wrong but IIRC, if I forget about the new mic in the Connects2 kit, BT will work but I won't have use of the steering wheel phone controls. If this is correct, will the factory mic at least work and or would I even need the Connects2 stuff at all?

johnrando
05-12-2011, 08:48 AM
I'm by no means an expert, but I had the Connects2 kit installed with the mic.. so I have steering wheel controls and the mic. I think I recall my installer saying it was easier just to use the mic that came with the kit, but I may not recall correctly. Don't remember if we even tried to use the BMW mic, so unfortunately , I can't tell you if Connects2 works with the BMW mic. BTW, the running of the mic line wasn't as big of a deal as it sounds... it's work, but not overwhelming.

EDIT: BTW, I have factory NAV but I didn't have factory bluetooth, I used the Parrot for that.