PDA

View Full Version : Stance...

bullfrogs_M3
05-13-2011, 02:09 PM
For the life of me I just can't seem to drop my rear end with this suspension. The springs are already sitting on just the rubber upper and lower pads. I wonder if the struts are dialed up to stiff and just won't relax. I really really need to get rid of the rake :crying

http://gallery.me.com/jeremiahconnelly/100015/P1010290/web.jpg

http://gallery.me.com/jeremiahconnelly/100015/P1010293/web.jpg

http://gallery.me.com/jeremiahconnelly/100015/P1010291/web.jpg

http://gallery.me.com/jeremiahconnelly/100015/P1010292/web.jpg

az3579
05-13-2011, 02:10 PM
I don't see what the problem is. :dunno

If you drawp it any more, you'll have your wheel in your trunk. :p

C Withers Media
05-13-2011, 03:05 PM
I don't see what the problem is. :dunno

If you drawp it any more, you'll have your wheel in your trunk. :p

That's the goal. Bullfrog, what suspension set up are using. If you have already adjusted the dampening and the pulled the spring perches, you may just need more time for the springs to settle. The rake doesn't look that bad or as if its really raked that much at all. It looks like you have even gap in the front and the back and keep in mind that your wheels in the rear are a little bigger than the wheels in the front. Your front end has more weight so the fronts settle faster and the rear spring rates are usually stiffer anyhow. I think its on point.

Hit me up in pm if you have any questions and I can try to help you out.

danewilson77
05-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Where is the rack?

bullfrogs_M3
05-13-2011, 05:42 PM
That's the goal. Bullfrog, what suspension set up are using. If you have already adjusted the dampening and the pulled the spring perches, you may just need more time for the springs to settle. The rake doesn't look that bad or as if its really raked that much at all. It looks like you have even gap in the front and the back and keep in mind that your wheels in the rear are a little bigger than the wheels in the front. Your front end has more weight so the fronts settle faster and the rear spring rates are usually stiffer anyhow. I think its on point.

Hit me up in pm if you have any questions and I can try to help you out.

I guess i should of posted that up in the original. I am running Function and Form Type 2 coilovers sitting on 255/40/18's on all corners. I really should of gotten 245's all the way around. Might try to go back to Discount Tires and see if I can trade in/up for 245's.

I went out and adjusted the dampening down on the rears, so we'll see if it settles a little more in the rears.

Where is the rack?

I took it off for a little. Gonna see how I like it without it on. I had to remove it when I did the two day detail on it and I just haven't put it back on yet. I did notice that the fairing left marks on the roofline. So anyone with a roof rack will need to protect the paint under the fairing "feet" otherwise be prepared for a "FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU" moment.

C Withers Media
05-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Zero your dampening until everything settles and then dial it in.

mimalmo
05-13-2011, 07:05 PM
The 255/40/18 tires are too tall. 255/35/18 would work if you want to retain your tire width.

The other item that will help your stance is offset. If you're not starting out with an aggressive offset, you can use spacers to help you get there.

Not all coilovers go to the same level of "lowness". If you find your rears are maxed out, bring the front up a little bit.

bullfrogs_M3
05-13-2011, 07:34 PM
The 255/40/18 tires are too tall. 255/35/18 would work if you want to retain your tire width.

The other item that will help your stance is offset. If you're not starting out with an aggressive offset, you can use spacers to help you get there.

Not all coilovers go to the same level of "lowness". If you find your rears are maxed out, bring the front up a little bit.

Sorry my post above should of said 235/40/18 not 255/40/18

I am thinking about spacers. I might get some if I can change tires. The offset will probably get changed when I do alignment

danewilson77
05-14-2011, 11:45 AM
Sorry my post above should of said 235/40/18 not 255/40/18

I am thinking about spacers. I might get some if I can change tires. The offset will probably get changed when I do alignment

Alignment won't change offset. Unless you meant camber.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

meeceboy78
05-15-2011, 11:32 AM
dang that thing is low! turned out nice man. put your red center caps back on...

danewilson77
08-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Any update on the Stance issue?

bullfrogs_M3
08-24-2011, 11:23 AM
Other than me needing to get it in and have the rears rolled? nope. Front bumper goes in to get sprayed in a few weeks so I'll have the body shop do a roll job on it when the bumper is done

danewilson77
08-24-2011, 12:13 PM
Other than me needing to get it in and have the rears rolled? nope. Front bumper goes in to get sprayed in a few weeks so I'll have the body shop do a roll job on it when the bumper is done

Sweet. In fo pics