PDA

View Full Version : DIY: Carbon Fiber wrapping. Has it been done?

Dean
05-16-2011, 03:00 PM
Thinking about wrapping and clear coating my own diffuser in carbon fiber. Read this write up http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/install-guides-diy/8192-how-wrap-part-carbon-fiber.html and it seems pretty easy/straight forward...I have worked with fiberglass/fiberglass resin and it seems almost identical. Why pay 200+ for the same part when I can do it for 50 and have some fun?

Marcus-SanDiego
05-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Dean, after watching you install your new tail lights in the grass at Bimmerfest, I think you can do this. I say do it!

Dean
05-16-2011, 03:56 PM
Dean, after watching you install your new tail lights in the grass at Bimmerfest, I think you can do this. I say do it!

Ha, you are truly a nice guy. Always words of encouragement. Thats why I hang out here! Im hoping I can replicate the results like I want to. Maybe even do it for forum members.

Marcus-SanDiego
05-16-2011, 04:31 PM
Dean, I'm always encouraging the family members. Have to lift each other up. Looking forward to the results.

danewilson77
05-16-2011, 04:55 PM
Hit it up Dean...and make your own diy for the site. It would be appreciated. I'm sure it will be quality....