PDA

View Full Version : Black leather restoration

bcleaver
05-21-2011, 03:09 PM
So I have some scratches in the backseat on my black leather. Looks like the previous owner had a dog that did some damage. I've been conditioning the leather using some stuff I found at napa (really helpful description, I know) but it hasn't really helped much so I'm looking for something else.

Basically the scratches still look kind of white compared to the black leather, like it needs something with some dye in it to get back to original. Any thoughts on what to use? Thanks

danewilson77
05-21-2011, 04:46 PM
Leatherique....without a doubt.

Look at Kyles diy.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

spencers
05-21-2011, 05:15 PM
Leatherique PC and RO won't restore those white scratches in leather. Trust me on that!

You might have to go with one of their dye kits.

ryankokesh
05-21-2011, 07:19 PM
they have a scratch filler that I'm guessing would do the trick... I think you have to pair it with one of their dye kits like spencer said.

Leatherique Products (http://www.leatherique.com/products.html)

M0nk3y
05-21-2011, 07:23 PM
Leatherique Kits can take out small imperfections, but anything that is deep enough to catch fingernails isn't going to do it.

Like the 2 above, a dye kit may be needed

ryankokesh
05-21-2011, 07:30 PM
wouldn't the scratch filler work? (I dunno personally; never used any of it myself)

Johnmadd
05-21-2011, 07:51 PM
I use some industrial type stuff on some stuff at my job, furniture rental. It seems like some good stuff though.

http://www.metroguardian.net/shop/mohawk-jiffy-leather-repair-kit-c-6-p-14.html

JohnnyGraphic
05-22-2011, 05:01 PM
I have a section on my drivers side bolster that is wearing a little. Was almost thinking if some black shoe polish would work to restore the color???

danewilson77
05-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Imho....I would think you would really want something that would soak in. I think the shoe polish will eventually come off. Your dealer should be able too redye whatever you need.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

JohnnyGraphic
05-22-2011, 05:29 PM
Good point. I would be the idiot walking around the office with a huge black streak across the back of my white dress shirt. Might as well put tape on my glasses and put a pocket protector in there too!!!

danewilson77
05-22-2011, 05:47 PM
Good point. I would be the idiot walking around the office with a huge black streak across the back of my white dress shirt. Might as well put tape on my glasses and put a pocket protector in there too!!!

You saying there's something wrong with glasses and pocket protectors? :shifty

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

Johnmadd
05-22-2011, 05:58 PM
Nerd is a term that refers to an intelligent but single-minded person obsessed with a nonsocial hobby or pursuit. [1] Nerds are generally considered to be awkward, shy and/or unattractive by most, although this is not always true. [2] Thus, a nerd is often excluded from physical activity and considered a loner by others, or will tend to associate with a small group of like-minded people, although again, this is not always the case.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc407/johnmadd1979/nerds.jpg

danewilson77
05-22-2011, 06:08 PM
Lol......

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!