PDA

View Full Version : WTB: E46 BMW 330ci ZHP, <80k miles - Southern California

jmuckey
05-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Hi,

I'm from So Cal and the 3 series has caught my eye. A friend has a 2004 Alpina White 325ci with 35k miles for sale in immaculate condition interior/exterior with one owner. Once I found out about the ZHP, I am looking for a model in that trim/package.

Year(s): 2004-2006
Budget: Under $19,000
Desired location of vehicle: Southern California
Desired Mileage: Must be <= 80,000
Transmission type: Manual or Auto (Steptronic)
Desired number of Doors: 2dr (4 dr might be acceptable)
Desired Color combos: Exterior: White, Blue, Black, Grey | Interior: Black
Desired Packages: Leather interior, Moon Roof, Xenon headlight (Must Have) | Business CD/Nav (preferable)
Funds lined up? Readily available
Have a car you need to sell first? Currently selling daily driven Honda.
Other: Must be clean title and have CarFax available with Vin#. Preferably, one owner is high on the list
Need more info? Let me know

Thanks,
Jon

kayger12
05-24-2011, 04:21 PM
Welcome to the Family.

Make yourself at home.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

danewilson77
05-24-2011, 04:23 PM
4 door is very acceptable! :)

Welcome t o t he sit e

jmuckey
05-24-2011, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the welcome, quick question. I noticed on some 3 series the trim can start to lift off the body. For example, the trim on the passenger's rear side adjacent to the rear wheel and passenger door may lift off. What keeps the trim on? Is it an easy fix to replace or place back on body?

danewilson77
05-24-2011, 04:39 PM
Are you talking about the bump strips? On the rear door?

jmuckey
05-24-2011, 04:44 PM
Hmm, I was looking at a 330ci and its the strip that is in front of the rear wheel but before the door. I guess, that would be the quarter panel area on a coupe? It would also be nice to figure out if the same applies to a 4 door trim as well.

Marcus-SanDiego
05-24-2011, 05:27 PM
Welcome to the site. Good luck finding the right car!

Be sure to introduce yourself in the new members forum.

iPad. Tapatalk. Bi-winning.

jmuckey
05-25-2011, 05:53 AM
Are you talking about the bump strips? On the rear door?

Bump strips would be them (on the rear quarter panel on Coupes, and on the door for Sedans)

BCS_ZHP
05-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Jon,
If you're willing to fly to the other coast, I have something that may to fit your desires. Its a 2005 coupe, silver grey exterior, black leather interior, steptronic, 53K miles, moonroof, and adaptive xenon headlights. It does not have Nav or the cold weather package (i.e., heated seats).

The car is immaculate (see photo in the sig), never any accidents or paint work. I'm the 3rd owner and bought it about 7 months ago when I was looking for my first ZHP, and I was specifically looking for a 6 speed but this car's cleanliness and totally stock condition won me over. The only reason I would consider selling it right now is because our other ZHP is a 6 speed and all 3 drivers in our house prefer the 6 speed over the steptronic, so I would look to replace this one with another 6 speed.

I've put a couple grand into preventative & normal maintenance, I'm a bit OCD about maintenance, everything is up to date (or will be very soon), and this includes:
- Alternator light came on the day I bought it, was replaced along with battery
- new tires all around, followed by 4 wheel alignment
- valve cover gasket had a slight leak and was replaced, changed front belts, found a small oil leak from a hose, replaced that too
- of course an oil change, air and cabin filters, also had the power steering fluid flushed/replaced too
- expecting brakes to need to be replaced soon, new pads, rotors, sensors, and fluid ordered yesterday, plan to replace myself as soon as I find time

Only non stock item is tinted windows, not overboard in darkness. I would say this is the nicest car in our 4 car fleet but the other ZHP only has 13K miles, so this one is a very close 2nd to that one. In terms of price, it would be at the very top of your price window. If that's too much, understand but if you're interested, give me a call.
Bruce
703-232-8535

Marcus-SanDiego
05-25-2011, 05:03 PM
And I can vouch for Bruce. Great owner. Great guy.

If someone is looking for a ZHP, this is the guy to buy it from.

kayger12
05-25-2011, 05:06 PM
And I can vouch for Bruce. Great owner. Great guy.

If someone is looking for a ZHP, this is the guy to buy it from.

+1. Definitely would not hesitate to buy from Bruce. Very thorough and knowledgeable owner.

danewilson77
05-25-2011, 05:06 PM
Bump strip is easy to fix. Just replace it.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

jmuckey
05-25-2011, 09:51 PM
Jon,
If you're willing to fly to the other coast, I have something that may to fit your desires. Its a 2005 coupe, silver grey exterior, black leather interior, steptronic, 53K miles, moonroof, and adaptive xenon headlights. It does not have Nav or the cold weather package (i.e., heated seats).

The car is immaculate (see photo in the sig), never any accidents or paint work. I'm the 3rd owner and bought it about 7 months ago when I was looking for my first ZHP, and I was specifically looking for a 6 speed but this car's cleanliness and totally stock condition won me over. The only reason I would consider selling it right now is because our other ZHP is a 6 speed and all 3 drivers in our house prefer the 6 speed over the steptronic, so I would look to replace this one with another 6 speed.

I've put a couple grand into preventative & normal maintenance, I'm a bit OCD about maintenance, everything is up to date (or will be very soon), and this includes:
- Alternator light came on the day I bought it, was replaced along with battery
- new tires all around, followed by 4 wheel alignment
- valve cover gasket had a slight leak and was replaced, changed front belts, found a small oil leak from a hose, replaced that too
- of course an oil change, air and cabin filters, also had the power steering fluid flushed/replaced too
- expecting brakes to need to be replaced soon, new pads, rotors, sensors, and fluid ordered yesterday, plan to replace myself as soon as I find time

Only non stock item is tinted windows, not overboard in darkness. I would say this is the nicest car in our 4 car fleet but the other ZHP only has 13K miles, so this one is a very close 2nd to that one. In terms of price, it would be at the very top of your price window. If that's too much, understand but if you're interested, give me a call.
Bruce
703-232-8535

Definitely interested but its a bit too far away for me. Definitely on my check list if I cant find anything locally suitable. Just the time, and expenses to go out there and back will be over and above what I'm willing to pay for car + other expenses for registration and such in CA.

BCS_ZHP
05-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Jon,
Understand the distance problem if travelling isn't your thing. Here's the 2nd owner's listing, has the photos that hooked me, took 2 months to get him to sell this car. And its still just as spotlessly clean and unabused.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=788102&highlight=zhp+annapolis

Marcus-SanDiego
05-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Bruce, make sure you put your car in the classifieds section.

BCS_ZHP
05-26-2011, 06:07 PM
Marcus,
Will do, want to wash it first and get some current photos this weekend (sometime between the 6 soccer games 2 of my kids have -- you're going to love parenthood), was just giving Jon something more to look at.

jmuckey
05-27-2011, 12:54 PM
Awww man - totally want it. By any chance, is the engine an SULEV engine or non-SULEV? I understand that in CA most (if not all) of the E46 were SULEV types.

danewilson77
05-27-2011, 01:50 PM
Awww man - totally want it. By any chance, is the engine an SULEV engine or non-SULEV? I understand that in CA most (if not all) of the E46 were SULEV types.

That is not rue.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

jmuckey
05-27-2011, 03:19 PM
That is not rue.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

Hmm, I stand corrected :)

BCS_ZHP
05-30-2011, 11:28 AM
Jon,
This was a originally a Fla car, then registered in PA but kept in MD, now I have it registered in VA. Thus, I do not think it has the SULE-V engine.

Unfortunately, there was a mishap Friday night, my son drove it to a friend's house, it was parked in his buddy's driveway, and my son's best friend didn't see it and backed into it, and a pretty hard backing action at that. The kid who caused this accident is very remorseful, but the other dad who will be responsible for the financial aspects is being a male anatomy part.

The driver's door needs to be replaced, thus it will no longer be 100% factory paint. I will ensure it gets fixed correctly, suspect I'm going to have to fight his insurance company over a new door versus a used door (which they'll want to use to save costs). Then since my kid drives all of our cars, I'm having a mental consternation moment of do I get what I really want (a 6 spd) and have a chance of something like this happening again or do I just let him drive this one since its no longer a virgin. My son didn't do anything wrong on his part but he's a teenager and sometimes his peers aren't as responsible or as appreciative of nice cars as he is, these are the fatherhood dilemmas you wrestle with (Marcus take note).

I'll plan to post it on the for sale side in a week or two after I get it repaired. Here are couple of photos of the damage, note how the sheetmetal wrapped around the steel inner door reinforcement. It never tore but there must have been a heck of a stress on this panel to get it to buckle like it did.

Bruce

kayger12
05-30-2011, 11:34 AM
Damn, Bruce. Sorry to see that.

danewilson77
05-30-2011, 12:58 PM
Damn, Bruce. Sorry to see that.

+1

Marcus-SanDiego
05-30-2011, 01:00 PM
Bruce, that sucks. Front quarter panel and driver door. Ouch.

I would let the boy drive this one from now on. He'll be irritated that he's driving a non virgin and it will make him think about his friends (and how careless some of them they might be). I know if I was driving that car, and had to live with the fact that it's no longer perfect, I would think twice about who I hang out with.

The virgin ZHPs of the world just got a little more rare.

jmuckey
05-31-2011, 01:02 PM
Ack! Just saw that Bruce. I am sorry to hear about that. Still looking for a car in the area. Just missed a ZHP / 6MT / Nav with 75k miles. The guy sold is to his bro-in-law before I could even test drive it.

jmuckey
06-02-2011, 06:49 AM
still looking