PDA

View Full Version : Smoked tails??

jjcools
11-29-2010, 04:20 PM
Does anyone have any opinions on smoked tails. Not too dark. I saw some nice looking tails on DDM and thought they could look good on my Mystic blue.

Desired look. I am thinking about smoked side marker and tails with the clear corners and black trim. I would like to pick up some gunmetal wheels in the future also so it will be all kind of a dark grey on blue look. What do you think??

I know you all love the silver and think it is the only way to roll but I think this would look tough and a little different than all the other bimmers i see.

Marcus-SanDiego
11-29-2010, 04:22 PM
jj, since you are already tough, you don't need the car to look any tougher. Indeed, we roll subtle around here because we're undercover that way.

I'm a fan of the stock look.

zhp43867
11-29-2010, 05:00 PM
No, don't

kayger12
11-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Not big on the smoked look, myself. I'm a clears guy. Clear always seems to look clean and euro. Smoked always seems to look, well, smoked....

That being said, whatever makes you happy. Btw-- digging the 1916 avatar. Made it my bf.c avatar for a day and then realized that you already had it on here.

Alphatek45
11-29-2010, 05:28 PM
I say clear. But I don't think going smoked would be a huge mistake. If that makes sense.

pyreguy
11-29-2010, 05:31 PM
I debated and went back and forth a little when I was ordering my lights and lenses. I ended up deciding on clear lights and red/wht tails with no smoke for a more OEM+ look. White lenses is what came on the european market cars from what I gather. Smoked is cool for some applications, but I decided against it on my car. Smoked can easily look cheap instead of tough.

Having said that, I would still love to have darker wheels, but I am rolling stock cause I never see these wheels around where I live. As much as I love the way they look, there are enough BMWs here with BBS's and V710's on them. I am debating powdercoating mine a different, darker shade of silver, but I don't think I will actually be able to bring myself to do it...

Bottom line, it's your car and you can do whatever you want with it. If you wanna get an idea of what your ideas will look like, its always nice to know someone with photoshop skills. I, however, am not that person. Wish I was, I would be more than glad to help.

zhp43867
11-29-2010, 06:56 PM
I debated and went back and forth a little when I was ordering my lights and lenses. I ended up deciding on clear lights and red/wht tails with no smoke for a more OEM+ look. White lenses is what came on the european market cars from what I gather. Smoked is cool for some applications, but I decided against it on my car. Smoked can easily look cheap instead of tough.

Having said that, I would still love to have darker wheels, but I am rolling stock cause I never see these wheels around where I live. As much as I love the way they look, there are enough BMWs here with BBS's and V710's on them. I am debating powdercoating mine a different, darker shade of silver, but I don't think I will actually be able to bring myself to do it...

Bottom line, it's your car and you can do whatever you want with it. If you wanna get an idea of what your ideas will look like, its always nice to know someone with photoshop skills. I, however, am not that person. Wish I was, I would be more than glad to help.

If you do definitely post pictures.

pyreguy
11-29-2010, 07:06 PM
It will be the last thing I do. I'm incredibly undecided. I can guarantee pictures though!!

jjcools
11-30-2010, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the input, will let you know what I decide.

NDubSki
12-02-2010, 04:21 PM
I say do what you feel would make you happiest. Do you have photo shop? You can always edit a picture of your car so you can see what it would look like...
Good luck and update with decision!

jjcools
12-02-2010, 04:41 PM
I am leaning towards the smoke LEDs at khoalty, they don't look too dark.