PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 2004 E46 BMW 330i ZHP 4Dr 6MT White 68,330 $16,500

Daddyoh
05-27-2011, 01:11 PM
Private seller, Las Vegas
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=300589139&dealer_id=66323491&car_year=2004&doors=&model=330I&style_flag=1&start_year=2002&keywordsfyc=__emhwIHBlcmZvcm1hbmNl__&keywordsrep=12210411203211210111410211111410909711 0099101&search_type=used&distance=0&min_price=&drive=&advanced=y&fuel=&keywords_display=zhp+performance&end_year=2005&make2=&certified=&engine=&origin=myatcemail&transmission=Manual&default_sort=newsortbyprice_DESC&max_mileage=&color=&address=25401&LNX=ATCMYATCEMAIL&incremental=last_searched-1306382400000&max_price=25000&make=BMW&seller_type=b&cardist=2032&standard=false

Jorge86
05-27-2011, 04:31 PM
I really really really. Love this car. Maybe cause it's exactly like mine.

danewilson77
05-27-2011, 04:34 PM
I really really really. Love this car. Maybe cause it's exactly like mine.

^srs bias

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

Hornung418
05-27-2011, 04:37 PM
Painted moldings FTL :(

jmuckey
05-27-2011, 04:45 PM
Love this car - it'd be perfect if it was local

danewilson77
05-27-2011, 04:54 PM
Painted moldings FTL :(

On a sedan?

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

Jorge86
05-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Mine has them. Look on the top of the page next to Marcus car. It's a sedan

danewilson77
05-27-2011, 05:27 PM
Mine has them. Look on the top of the page next to Marcus car. It's a sedan

On the phone. Prolly missing the pic.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

GreenFrog
05-27-2011, 07:02 PM
Oh man I hope no one buys this in the next couple of weeks!

Crestwood1001
05-28-2011, 08:54 AM
Holy shit, its the unicorn iv been looking for!

Crestwood1001
05-28-2011, 09:10 AM
In the process of contacting him

GreenFrog
05-28-2011, 11:00 AM
In the process of contacting him

dont buy it!! :(

danewilson77
05-28-2011, 11:48 AM
dont buy it!! :(

Wuuuuuuuuuuuu?

kayger12
05-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Wuuuuuuuuuuuu?

He wants it for his own self.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

danewilson77
05-28-2011, 12:56 PM
He wants it for his own self.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

Lol...ok

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

Crestwood1001
05-28-2011, 07:00 PM
No promises, I like it, alot

GreenFrog
05-28-2011, 08:37 PM
No promises, I like it, alot

lol I'm just messing. If you have the means to buy it then of course it's all yours!

Marcus-SanDiego
05-28-2011, 08:38 PM
There are plenty of ZHPs to go around. :biggrin

GreenFrog
05-28-2011, 09:49 PM
There are plenty of ZHPs to go around. :biggrin

Not the AW ones!

Marcus-SanDiego
05-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Now that is very true. I quickly gave up on that requirement. I eventually grabbed an imola red.

But you are correct. Not a lot of AW ZHPs floating around.

Crestwood1001
05-29-2011, 09:24 AM
He emailed me about 50 pictures, guys this car is mint, MINT. Looks like it just came off the show room floor, its amazing the condition of everything, the interior looks brand new. All the rims are perfect only one has a HAIR of a curb rash. This things beautiful.

Marcus-SanDiego
05-29-2011, 10:27 AM
When you buying it?

danewilson77
05-29-2011, 02:46 PM
When you buying it?

When please...

Crestwood1001
05-29-2011, 07:16 PM
lol guys I wish I could say I was, if he put it up two weeks from now id be there by now, im just SO close to having the funds but not there yet :(

Hornung418
05-29-2011, 07:21 PM
This car needs black moldings...

Did facelift sedans have the option to have body matched moldings?

Jorge86
05-29-2011, 07:27 PM
My brother really wants it but his wife does not want him to have two cars. Sucks cause it would be cool if he had one exactly like mine.

The moldings were taken off and painted. My car also has painted moldings. It looks so cool.

danewilson77
05-29-2011, 07:28 PM
This car needs black moldings...

Did facelift sedans have the option to have body matched moldings?

No.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

Marcus-SanDiego
05-29-2011, 08:15 PM
lol guys I wish I could say I was, if he put it up two weeks from now id be there by now, im just SO close to having the funds but not there yet :(

Maybe it will still be available in two weeks. Good luck, Crest!

Crestwood1001
05-30-2011, 07:09 PM
According to him he has two pending offers. And I know how sales work, he could just be saying that, but I hope not

Marcus-SanDiego
05-30-2011, 08:15 PM
Yep. Could be a sales ploy. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Dek
05-30-2011, 08:33 PM
He's not just saying that. One offer is pending from me. However...

One thing that hangs me up about this car is the rock chip damage on the front and the amount of dirt/dust under the hood. If I had to guess, I'd say the car has been driven on gravel/secondary roads for a portion of its life. The pic's be sent me in email tell much more than the pics in the add (which looks flawless). He also mentioned some wear on the Alcantara seats (driver seat, left bottom bolster) and the wheel, which should be expected. He is also the 4th owner.

I would be buying this car blind, with a trusted contact at Desert BMW Las Vegas giving it a look-over, however I'm not sure Im going to just yet. Its not my "unicorn", and Crestwood is pretty amped about this ZHP, so I may pass in hopes that something better shows up.

Marcus-SanDiego
05-30-2011, 09:29 PM
Dek, I hear you. I'd really want to put my own set of eyes on it -- even if I had a trusted confidant at Desert BMW.

Is there so much rock chip damage that the front end (including the hood) will require a respray? I know I would not want to acquire a vehicle that required a paint job.

Me? I'd keep looking.

Dek
05-30-2011, 09:58 PM
Here are some pics of the rock chip damage. Seems rather excessive and telling of what kind of roads this car has spent time on. It even appears to be on the lens covers. What do you guys think?

http://i55.tinypic.com/6yo4gp.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/2n9g6cn.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/14jmh4n.jpg

He also mentioned a dime-sized dent on one of the fender flares that was removed via paintless dent repair, although the evidence is still there if you search for it. Also, one deep scratch approx 2" long on another fender flare that was fixed, but the touch-up is also noticeable if you look for it.

rikdee
05-31-2011, 03:47 AM
Dek, I hear you. I'd really want to put my own set of eyes on it -- even if I had a trusted confidant at Desert BMW.

Is there so much rock chip damage that the front end (including the hood) will require a respray? I know I would not want to acquire a vehicle that required a paint job.

Me? I'd keep looking.

I agree. I'd wager, upon close inspection, this car is somewhat trashed. And four owners, no way I'd even consider it.

Marcus-SanDiego
05-31-2011, 08:43 AM
Here are some pics of the rock chip damage. Seems rather excessive and telling of what kind of roads this car has spent time on. It even appears to be on the lens covers. What do you guys think?

http://i55.tinypic.com/6yo4gp.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/2n9g6cn.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/14jmh4n.jpg

He also mentioned a dime-sized dent on one of the fender flares that was removed via paintless dent repair, although the evidence is still there if you search for it. Also, one deep scratch approx 2" long on another fender flare that was fixed, but the touch-up is also noticeable if you look for it.

Dek, I was expecting worse. That isn't terribly bad. It's your basic wear and tear for that part of the country. Lots of tiny stone chips on the hood, too. That said, there should be better ZHPs out there.

Also, I would still want to take a look at this car in person. I also don't like having four previous owners but that isn't a deal breaker for me.

Instead, all of these rock chip issues and previous owners are really just negotiating points for me.

Still, given what I see in the pictures (and because you said there is a dent scratch that's 2 inches), I would really like to see the car in person.

Crestwood1001
05-31-2011, 08:49 AM
See now the stuff he sent me didnt show that much detail, BUT if he would come down on the price its not a deal breaker, id have to consider an offer thats enough to get the front end resprayed

Jorge86
05-31-2011, 07:46 PM
Looks like this car is gone.

Marcus-SanDiego
05-31-2011, 07:59 PM
Jorge, it was sold?

Jorge86
05-31-2011, 08:21 PM
It says,this car is no longer listed For sale. Postin is gone

Marcus-SanDiego
05-31-2011, 08:38 PM
I'm not sure if that means it was sold or if the post just expired. If anyone finds out for sure, let us know.

Thanks, Jorge.

Terry
05-31-2011, 10:40 PM
Excuse my ignorance, Dek, but does the front bumper cover look like it has been re-sprayed? Unless that's a white primer under there? I am by no means a paint expert, but at my first glance it appeared like there was another layer of paint under there at the lip. I recently purchased a ZHP sight unseen and with a line of very eager buyers ahead and behind me. So when I was up to bat (the guys in front of me not being able to sell their cars in time to make the move) I pulled the trigger. Anyway, to cut to the chase - the bumper had some stuff at the very bottom lip that annoyed me enough to get a whole new bumper. I was not expecting perfection and was comfortable with paint chipping, but what I saw when the car was off-loaded from the transporter (from NJ) was a bumper that saw a handful of curbs and who knows what else. Previous owner explained multiple times that a fresh paint job would only be necessary if I was 'really picky'. I was instantly pacified as I really do not consider myself picky when it comes to the exterior / paint condition.

Don't really have a point to make here and I can tell that I'm starting to ramble. I'll just close by stating I found lots of blemishes (and re-spray spots!) on the car that the owner did not divulge. To this day I ask myself whether or not he had a sharp enough eye or if the car got away from him (talent limitations?) at some point and he had to visit the body shop, too embarrassed to admit it, etc.. Anyway, after replacing the bumper cover altogether and with fresh paint I felt like I removed a part of the previous owner(s) from the car. Especially after getting under it and replacing some of the brake ducting / underpanels that was undoubtedly mangled during the bumper impact(s). Anyway, doing all this boosted my passion for the car and injected more energy / motivation in me. For that rare Alpine White ZHP you've got your eyes on there, I could picture myself stripping and re-painting the bumper cover and removing all the white-painted moldings (and foglight masks) for their original black factory pieces and instantly feeling better about her.. Of course only after tackling necessary maintenance, etc. :)

-Terry

Crestwood1001
06-01-2011, 06:36 AM
Gotta love a project, IF you can get it for a good price....

WilC
06-01-2011, 08:06 AM
Hey guys/gals, I was also interested in this car but buying a Nevada car from NJ and having it shipped, kind of killed the deal. Did anyone from the forum buy this car?

blindside
06-01-2011, 01:37 PM
it wont load the url for me... I want to seeee

Marcus-SanDiego
06-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Listing is no longer available.

Dek
06-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Excuse my ignorance, Dek, but does the front bumper cover look like it has been re-sprayed? Unless that's a white primer under there? I am by no means a paint expert, but at my first glance it appeared like there was another layer of paint under there at the lip. I recently purchased a ZHP sight unseen and with a line of very eager buyers ahead and behind me. So when I was up to bat (the guys in front of me not being able to sell their cars in time to make the move) I pulled the trigger. Anyway, to cut to the chase - the bumper had some stuff at the very bottom lip that annoyed me enough to get a whole new bumper. I was not expecting perfection and was comfortable with paint chipping, but what I saw when the car was off-loaded from the transporter (from NJ) was a bumper that saw a handful of curbs and who knows what else. Previous owner explained multiple times that a fresh paint job would only be necessary if I was 'really picky'. I was instantly pacified as I really do not consider myself picky when it comes to the exterior / paint condition.

Don't really have a point to make here and I can tell that I'm starting to ramble. I'll just close by stating I found lots of blemishes (and re-spray spots!) on the car that the owner did not divulge. To this day I ask myself whether or not he had a sharp enough eye or if the car got away from him (talent limitations?) at some point and he had to visit the body shop, too embarrassed to admit it, etc.. Anyway, after replacing the bumper cover altogether and with fresh paint I felt like I removed a part of the previous owner(s) from the car. Especially after getting under it and replacing some of the brake ducting / underpanels that was undoubtedly mangled during the bumper impact(s). Anyway, doing all this boosted my passion for the car and injected more energy / motivation in me. For that rare Alpine White ZHP you've got your eyes on there, I could picture myself stripping and re-painting the bumper cover and removing all the white-painted moldings (and foglight masks) for their original black factory pieces and instantly feeling better about her.. Of course only after tackling necessary maintenance, etc. :)

-Terry

To be honest, it looks like its been resprayed. I questioned that myself, and compared it to a few other AW ZHP's. The fog lamp masks are painted white on this one, where they are not on others. Im no paint expert here either, but it doesn't appear to be something that BMW originally offered. I did not pull a Carfax (I honestly think the seller should spring for this, and I hadn't asked yet) so I'm not sure if any body work is on the records.

Too many red flags in this deal for my taste, no to mention Alcantara seats are not my first choice (actually my last choice).

Edit: Not sure if its still available. The last contact I had was on Saturday 5/28. He had multiple interested parties, including a couple forum members here.