PDA

View Full Version : Plastidip

pleasecorrupt
05-27-2011, 05:02 PM
Just wondering if anyone here as Plastidipped their style 135s and if you have, your experience with them. Tempted to do mine in black but don't know about the black on black combo. Cleaned every inch of my wheels a few days ago and they're already looking filthy already, but if I can't really see it, I won't be able to complain I figure.

Oli77
05-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Me no liky black wheels. Sorry bud, no support from over here.

But its your show...

danewilson77
05-27-2011, 05:12 PM
Just wondering if anyone here as Plastidipped their style 135s and if you have, your experience with them. Tempted to do mine in black but don't know about the black on black combo. Cleaned every inch of my wheels a few days ago and they're already looking filthy already, but if I can't really see it, I won't be able to complain I figure.

I will tell you this.....

1. Typically, to pull off black, car needs to be modded appropriately.
2. Nathan Carter dipped his wheels, and the hot brake dust messed em up. Just as a data point. He tracks his car though....

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

pleasecorrupt
05-27-2011, 05:37 PM
just reconsidered. if i am going to plastidip i'm going to have to leave at least a chrome lip of some sort to make it look somewhat decent. after some further thought, guess it'd just be easier to clean my wheels a tad more frequently. any kind of polish to keep brake dust and other california probs off my wheels. love the style 135 but its such a pain to clean esp between the crevices

danewilson77
05-27-2011, 05:39 PM
If you go on the detailed image site (http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=13407&url=detailedimage.com)..there are many wheel waxes that may help...but nothing will help more, than what you choose in pads.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

johnrando
05-28-2011, 06:25 PM
I'm always about to each his/her own, but I'm not really feeling it if you wanted some opinions.

az3579
06-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Please do not Plasti-Dip. That stuff will peel off before you know it, making it look like crap.
The heat doesn't do well for it either. And it looks VERY cheap if it's sprayed on something like a wheel. The wheel would have to be sanded down at least to make the PlastiDip look smooth, and at that point, you're better off painting as you'd have to refinish the wheel once sanded.

billschusteriv
06-02-2011, 10:12 AM
Plasti-dip would probably not be the coating of choice for wheels.

:dunno Maybe Powdercoat? Paint and bake? I'd have to do some further research on best coating applications for wheels.....

Agree with what's been said earlier. Pick up some Sonax, wheel brushes, and wheel wax... (all available through our site sponsors) and then check out some alternatives in pads...

danewilson77
06-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Plasti-dip would probably not be the coating of choice for wheels.

:dunno Maybe Powdercoat? Paint and bake? I'd have to do some further research on best coating applications for wheels.....

Agree with what's been said earlier. Pick up some Sonax, wheel brushes, and wheel wax... (all available through our site sponsors) and then check out some alternatives in pads...

Wurth Wheel Paint.

It's made in Germany:shifty

billschusteriv
06-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Wurth Wheel Paint.

It's made in Germany:shifty

Oh... this too...