PDA

View Full Version : Anybody in the tristate area Motocross/dirt bike?

Sockethead
05-28-2011, 06:15 PM
Anybody in SE PA, N. Delware or NJ motocroos or dirtbike? looking for a place to ride.
We used to ride down in Milleville /Port Elizabeth area years ago ... it was great there for about ten years but they started heavy fining an confinscating bikes...

Ridden in Pottsville PA but it's a 3 hr drive and I hear that you need a permit now....

I want to ride!

M3TA5IN
05-31-2011, 04:39 AM
I know a few places you can ride up by the Hazelton, PA - Smoakin area. You can pretty much drive offroad all over that area of PA. Thats where I take my jeep a lot, we would explore offroad for days and camp out up there.

There is also a ATV/Motocross track off the Tower City Exit and if you want a club there is Tower City Trail Riders.

Sockethead
05-31-2011, 06:06 AM
I know a few places you can ride up by the Hazelton, PA - Smoakin area. You can pretty much drive offroad all over that area of PA. Thats where I take my jeep a lot, we would explore offroad for days and camp out up there.

There is also a ATV/Motocross track off the Tower City Exit and if you want a club there is Tower City Trail Riders.
Both of those are a long haul for me.... I remember Tower City from years ago... great riding but lots of coal dust

M3TA5IN
05-31-2011, 09:29 AM
Both of those are a long haul for me.... I remember Tower City from years ago... great riding but lots of coal dust

oh yea, everywhere I go is coal area lol. I always see a lot of guys up there from NJ, NY area though. They normally make it a weekend trip.

Is riding aloud in the Pine Barrens in NJ??

Sockethead
05-31-2011, 11:06 AM
I rode in the pine barrens for ten years or more. It was an awesome place to ride but there were so many spodes (idoits) that it got dangerous. Then some people got hurt and they started fining and impounding bikes... I haven't been down there for about 7 years... nobody I know wants to ride anymore... I'd not ready to hang up my helmet yet.