PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Opti-Coat Application Suggestions

JohnnyGraphic
05-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Hi All!!!

I'm doing a complete detail on my ZHP this weekend. Already finished the wash, clay bar, 2 steps (out of 3) of polishing. I am going to be using the Optimum Opti Coat 2.0.

I've seen some absolutely stunning results from this. The application seems simple, but I'm hung up on the streaking/flashing part.

Does anybody have any suggestions for a first time user?

Thanks!!!

Johnny

DetailersDomain
05-30-2011, 05:39 AM
you will want to make sure you strip all the oils off of the car prior to application.

so after you polish make sure you use top inspection or an ipa wipe down.

once the car is cleaned up you will be ready for opti coat.

for opti coat you want to do small sections this will set up quick, you want to use a light to see if you get any streaks or high spots you want to quickly wipe the opti coat down evenly before it sets up. if it does streak and it dries on the paint you will need to go over it with polish to even it out. take your time and make sure you do thin even coats.

you will get some nice results with opti coat

JohnnyGraphic
05-30-2011, 07:08 AM
you will want to make sure you strip all the oils off of the car prior to application.

so after you polish make sure you use top inspection or an ipa wipe down.

once the car is cleaned up you will be ready for opti coat.

for opti coat you want to do small sections this will set up quick, you want to use a light to see if you get any streaks or high spots you want to quickly wipe the opti coat down evenly before it sets up. if it does streak and it dries on the paint you will need to go over it with polish to even it out. take your time and make sure you do thin even coats.

you will get some nice results with opti coat

Working on my final polish step today. Then another wash and finally the Opti Coat. Thanks for the suggestions!!!

Johnny

DetailersDomain
05-30-2011, 07:53 AM
Working on my final polish step today. Then another wash and finally the Opti Coat. Thanks for the suggestions!!!

Johnny

sure thing.

JohnnyGraphic
05-30-2011, 06:00 PM
O.K. Just finished it up!

At first, I think my pad was way too dry. It kept flipping out of my hand it was so dry. I don't think I primed the pad with enough product at first (the "X"). I must've dropped the pad at least 3-4 times. After each time, I washed it and started over. Even then, I only used about 3 oz or so. I only did the car, no wheels or glass. I think I finally got the hang of it after I get enough product on the pad.

Question: If my first few panels were too light on the application, can I get away with doing it again? (layering?). I know the instructions say not to, but I don't think the initial layer is much of a layer.

Thanks!!!

Johnny

DetailersDomain
05-31-2011, 05:21 AM
I would not layer it.

JohnnyGraphic
05-31-2011, 08:04 AM
I would not layer it.

O.K. Thanks!