PDA

View Full Version : Headlamp Covers

Newjack
05-31-2011, 11:23 AM
I noticed that when I bought my ZHP that the plastic headlamp covers on it were fairly dirty. Washing the car and cleaning the front of them didn't help too much, so I'm assuming that the fogginess is on the inside.

Is there any way to clean these or will I have to buy new headlamp covers? One of my friends told me that they can't be cleaned.

Mtnman
05-31-2011, 11:44 AM
Probably yellowed and pitted. You can wet sand them, but then you need to seal them again with some sort of sealant like a liquid wax. That is a short term solution. Long term would be new lenses....i think about 60 buck. www.Khoalty.com has them. Usee zhp mafia at checkout so the site gets some love.

Newjack
05-31-2011, 12:29 PM
Alright thanks, I figured that I would have to buy new ones. I was looking at pelican parts before and stuff there seemed really expensive. The prices on Khoalty are so much better. Is Khoalty a reputable site? I'm about to buy new roundels from them and black kidney grills.

Mtnman
05-31-2011, 12:32 PM
Yup. He is a site sponsor and friend of the site founder. I have all sorts of stuff from him including kidneys, roundels, etc.

danewilson77
05-31-2011, 03:00 PM
Yup. He is a site sponsor and friend of the site founder. I have all sorts of stuff from him including kidneys, roundels, etc.

+1....I buy alot of stuff from them.

Sockethead
05-31-2011, 04:02 PM
I can vouch for them too...

BTW they are pretty easy to install... if you need help just post.

kayger12
05-31-2011, 04:03 PM
+1. Have bought a bunch from Khoalty.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.