PDA

View Full Version : bumper sagging due to cracked bracket

trancenation
06-01-2011, 11:43 PM
Hello All,

After attempting to complete the diy for fixing e46 bumper sagging, I have found that one of my plastic brackets (C clamp looking figure) top rail is partially cracked. I noticed that the particular piece on the bumper had a part number 51 11 7 893 329 . But i could not find it anywhere on google. Is there a fix for this? Can i replace the bracket? Do i seriously need to get a new bumper? A pic below is what is cracked. thanks.
http://i54.tinypic.com/2v7wk7l.jpg

danewilson77
06-02-2011, 05:41 AM
Try typing into search box at www.ecstuning.com

Hit enter. Tell me what you find.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

trancenation
06-02-2011, 08:41 AM
Dane,

ecs tuning gives me no luck. It displays a different part and number than requested. Thanks though.

Try typing into search box at www.ecstuning.com

Hit enter. Tell me what you find.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

az3579
06-02-2011, 09:01 AM
That part # is not on realoem.
Are you sure you have the right part #? It looks real to me, but if RealO can't find it, I'd be hard pressed to imagine it's valid...
Has anyone ever come across a real part # that RealOEM can't find?

Trancenation,
Are you sure you wrote down the part # correctly? Perhaps a number or two got dislexi-sized?

danewilson77
06-02-2011, 09:18 AM
I need another pic. Isn't that part of the pork chop?

trancenation
06-02-2011, 09:22 AM
That part # is not on realoem.
Are you sure you have the right part #? It looks real to me, but if RealO can't find it, I'd be hard pressed to imagine it's valid...
Has anyone ever come across a real part # that RealOEM can't find?

Trancenation,
Are you sure you wrote down the part # correctly? Perhaps a number or two got dislexi-sized?

Yes, I'm sure. The part number that I listed above is for the driver side. The passenger side also has a different part number and ends with 330 instead of 329. Maybe they only come with the bumper cover?

Also, On the mtech2 front bumper parts diagram, it doesn't look like the part i'm looking for is defined.

az3579
06-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Yes, I'm sure. The part number that I listed above is for the driver side. The passenger side also has a different part number and ends with 330 instead of 329. Maybe they only come with the bumper cover?

If it has a part #, it's available separately. BMW doesn't assign part numbers to things you can't buy individually, which is why this is unusual that the part # provided doesn't seem to exist.

Call the dealer and provide them the part #; perhaps their system is a little bit more comprehensive.

trancenation
06-02-2011, 09:29 AM
Dane,
I'm currently at work so I just used google to find a picture. So it's the whole plastic portion that i need with the c clamp.
http://i54.tinypic.com/1zfplk3.jpg

I need another pic. Isn't that part of the pork chop?

trancenation
06-02-2011, 09:31 AM
I've found a link to where someone mentioned the same part number, but I have no idea what they are saying.
http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/dringend-m2-frontschuerze-limo-t353455.html

95m3ltw
06-02-2011, 09:45 AM
I am 99% sure you cant get just that part. 1 reason, look how it is attached to the outer bumper skin. Melted rivets or tabs, so it would be nearly impossible to remove that piece and attach a new piece.

I would try epoxying a metal tab etc and see if you can fix it that way, otherwise new bumper.

EmDeeAr
08-19-2013, 06:44 AM
Old thread revive --

Has anyone figured out more about this issue? I have the same problem on my passenger side, and I don't think it's the white plastic bracket that can easily be replaced. Rather, I think it's the plastic bracket section of the actual bumper, like described in this thread.

Any word on this? Thanks a lot!

ELCID86
08-19-2013, 07:12 AM
We did a repair on this at the Williamsburg meet up. The entire lighter grey (in the above photo) was detached. We used epoxy to reattach. Can't remember whose IT car that was. Joop??

EmDeeAr
08-19-2013, 07:39 AM
Hm ok. I was thinking of just wedging a piece of thin metal or plastic to raise my bumper up a quarter in or w/e is needed. It's not driving me crazy, so I'm cool with a semi-ghetto fix.....