PDA

View Full Version : BMW Performance Strut CF Version

pleasecorrupt
06-04-2011, 05:14 PM
I have an opportunity to get my hands on one of these from a local guy I know. Based on demand and supply hes giving me dibs before he lists on ebay or what not. Wasn't in the market but just wondering how much anyone would pay for one of these (and if its not in my price range) if anyone would be interested.

mov
06-04-2011, 05:21 PM
I want one too but don't have that kind of money for what they are going for on ebay. I'm looking for the price to drop (whenever) in the $300 range. Anything above that now, you can have it! Good luck!

kayger12
06-04-2011, 05:29 PM
I highly doubt you will ever see one for sale for much under $1k for some time.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

pleasecorrupt
06-05-2011, 12:18 AM
might be able to score one for around 6 but the guy is hesitant to sell. should i go for it or does anyone want it? ¬¬

mov
06-05-2011, 03:06 AM
I say go for it bro!

kayger12
06-05-2011, 03:39 AM
might be able to score one for around 6 but the guy is hesitant to sell. should i go for it or does anyone want it? ¬¬

If you want one, I'd jump on it.

danewilson77
06-05-2011, 04:07 AM

Honestly, I think $600 is way too much, considering the alternaives, and really the overall function of it.

Just my opinion...but like KG said....if you want it, hit it.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

kayger12
06-05-2011, 05:00 AM
Honestly, I think $600 is way too much, considering the alternaives, and really the overall function of it.

Just my opinion...but like KG said....if you want it, hit it.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

Yep- no doubt about it, $600 is too much.

Some people, though, want the genuine BMW performance part in there for aesthetic purposes.

If you're anal about that kind of thing, then the $600 might be worth parting with.

For the record, I don't think I could have brought myself to pay that much- I would have found another option or just gone without... maybe... I mean, it does look frieken awesome under there...

Alphatek45
06-05-2011, 05:07 AM
Id pay $500.00 for one locally fwiw...

danewilson77
06-05-2011, 05:25 AM

Some people, though, want the genuine BMW performance part in there for aesthetic purposes.

If you're anal about that kind of thing, then the $600 might be worth parting with.

For the record, I don't think I could have brought myself to pay that much- I would have found another option or just gone without... maybe... I mean, it does look frieken awesome under there...

+1

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

Marcus-SanDiego
06-05-2011, 06:41 AM
It's all about what it's worth to you. If it's worth $600, go for it. If you think that's too much, refrain.

It's just money at the end of the day.

spencers
06-05-2011, 07:13 AM
That's a lotta bennies for something almost purely cosmetic... ;) But I'd do it if I really wanted it that badly. Especially with how rare they've gotten.
Personally, I'd like to shoehorn the m3 strut bar in there

johnrando
06-05-2011, 10:56 AM

+1

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

+2

GSEN820
06-06-2011, 06:03 AM
That is too funny this post came up. Yo man I was in the same boat as you. I thought it was too much to pay for just one piece. I talked it over with my girl she told me this "if you buy this one piece this month will you not look around for anything else before the end of the month". I thought month shoot there were other things I wanted.

I went with the aluminum strut bar, short shift kit, ebrake (all under 600). I got 3 mods instead of one. Besides cf strut braces look great but I wi be the only one rocking the aluminum that I know.

johnrando
06-06-2011, 07:18 AM
That is too funny this post came up. Yo man I was in the same boat as you. I thought it was too much to pay for just one piece. I talked it over with my girl she told me this "if you buy this one piece this month will you not look around for anything else before the end of the month". I thought month shoot there were other things I wanted.

I went with the aluminum strut bar, short shift kit, ebrake (all under 600). I got 3 mods instead of one. Besides cf strut braces look great but I wi be the only one rocking the aluminum that I know.

Yup, was lolling reading this posted thinking about your purchase. I like that strategy, moar stuff!

mimalmo
06-06-2011, 08:24 AM
That's a lotta bennies for something almost purely cosmetic... ;) But I'd do it if I really wanted it that badly. Especially with how rare they've gotten.
Personally, I'd like to shoehorn the m3 strut bar in there

I have the OEM M3 strut bar in my car. Fits perfectly.

GSEN820
06-06-2011, 09:33 AM
While your engine looked great with the upgrade CF Bar I just wanted something I can use more often then not. I am sure the CF bars will pop up now and again.

I shift everytime I drive my car, ebrake use twice every time I go somewhere. I just dont pick up my hood all that much to justify. Thats just me.

midlandtech
06-13-2011, 11:37 AM
While your engine looked great with the upgrade CF Bar I just wanted something I can use more often then not. I am sure the CF bars will pop up now and again.

I shift everytime I drive my car, ebrake use twice every time I go somewhere. I just dont pick up my hood all that much to justify. Thats just me.

:word

GSEN820
06-13-2011, 12:01 PM
I will get BMW Performance strut brace today (as per Crevier BMW mailed Friday) I will post up my pics on later this week. Wednesday is alignment day will install at that time

johnrando
06-13-2011, 12:30 PM
That's a lotta bennies for something almost purely cosmetic..

It's not "purely" cosmetic, just "mostly" cosmetic. It does provide some stiffness (esp for verts) and it does help prevent mushrooming at the towers.