PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth ipod device?

Alphatek45
06-06-2011, 02:43 PM
So my wife really wants a Bluetooth device for the 08 Tuareg.
The oem unit is almost 400 plus i will have to bring it to the dealer to be activated after I install it. (Id rather not have an external device in the car, but since she drives it, I suppose I'm open.)

Ive looked into the Parrot units, they seem solid and inexpensive.

Anyone use one of these? Whats the good,bad and ugly?

Thanks

kayger12
06-06-2011, 02:49 PM
I've read good reviews of the Parrots when I was researching (before realized that I had BT in the ZHP), but don't have any experience with them personally.

I'm sure a few members have some info...

BTW-- great to have you back around, Adam.

Alphatek45
06-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Thanks Bro. Its good to be back. Almost forgot how much I enjoyed this place.

johnrando
06-06-2011, 03:00 PM
I've got the Parrot and the Connects2. Works just fine. The volume isn't quite loud enough sometimes in my VERT, but that could be more of a function of the phone. The Parrot is the actual Bluetooth, and the Connects2 ties it into the steering wheel controls. The steering controls work great, and it accepts voice recognition of my phone. We used the mic that came with the kit, but I'm guessing you could connect it into the BMW mic, not sure if it was just a path of least resistance choice by my installer. I don't know about other kits, but this combo worked for me.

PS And, welcome back.

spencers
06-06-2011, 04:55 PM
I've got the Parrot CK3000 and Connects2 CTPPAR007. The Connects2 harness is made for our E46's, so I'm not sure about VW interoperability. They may make a kit for the Tuareg...

Echo what John said. Great little gadget and truly hands free with my iPhone 4. I absolutely love initiating a phone call by pressing a button on my steering wheel and saying "Call ______." Sorry droid users!!! :cool

PS- John, did you know when you're in a phone call, you can use the volume buttons on the steering wheel to make the caller louder?

johnrando
06-06-2011, 05:25 PM
I've got the Parrot CK3000 and Connects2 CTPPAR007. The Connects2 harness is made for our E46's, so I'm not sure about VW interoperability. They may make a kit for the Tuareg...

Echo what John said. Great little gadget and truly hands free with my iPhone 4. I absolutely love initiating a phone call by pressing a button on my steering wheel and saying "Call ______." Sorry droid users!!! :cool

PS- John, did you know when you're in a phone call, you can use the volume buttons on the steering wheel to make the caller louder?

I do, thanks. It's still not loud enough at times. Love the steering wheel volume controls. Love the "call ____" feature. BTW, this thread should be in the ICE forum.

Marcus-SanDiego
06-06-2011, 05:30 PM
BTW, this thread should be in the ICE forum.

Done.