PDA

View Full Version : Currently looking for a 330i ZHP

naudi90
06-12-2011, 08:49 AM
I've been a two-car person (Prius, Crossfire SRT6) for a while now. However it makes sense to find what I'm looking for all into one car now. I've had my eye on the 330i for years now, it is time to start locating the right one (I appreciate the eyes and ears on this forum).
This site seems to be a great resource with good people. Having been on several car forums over the past 10 years (Audi, Prius, Crossfire), you can tell when you have caring and helpful members. It helps greatly during ownership as I'm sure you'd agree.

On to the car!

Year(s): 2005
Budget: >$20K
Desired location of vehicle: Would go anywhere for the perfect specimen
Desired Mileage: Low as possible, biggest factor as I plan to own forever
Transmission type: Auto
Desired number of Doors: Sedan
Desired Color combos: Anything but silver, but could be persuaded if mileage was low
Desired Packages: ZHP
Funds lined up? Would take a couple weeks, no big deal
Have a car you need to sell first? No, would sell the current car after purchasing 330i

Again I appreciate it!

Jeremy

Marcus-SanDiego
06-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Jeremy, welcome, sir. Glad to have you.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Alphatek45
06-12-2011, 09:00 AM
Welcome to the Mafia. I'm sure this place will assist in your search. Good luck!

kayger12
06-12-2011, 09:59 AM
Welcome to the Family.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

static667
06-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Welcome! Take your time with the search and be ever so meticulous about it. If you just jump on the first one you find, you may end up unhappy in the long run. Good luck with your search.

Sent using Tapatalk on my rooted Droid. Wut?

naudi90
06-12-2011, 04:44 PM
Welcome to the Family.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

Btw, I loved your video on why these cars aren't special! Brilliant. Which program(s) did you use to make that?

Welcome! Take your time with the search and be ever so meticulous about it. If you just jump on the first one you find, you may end up unhappy in the long run. Good luck with your search.

I hear you. I have time, although it works against me as these cars, while rare, are being driven, which means the mileages will keep going up!
Thanks

danewilson77
06-12-2011, 05:12 PM
GLWP and welcome to the Mafia.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

kayger12
06-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Btw, I loved your video on why these cars aren't special! Brilliant. Which program(s) did you use to make that?

Thanks, man. I used a website called xtranormal http://www.xtranormal.com/

static667
06-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Met a member of this site yesterday that had an '04 (I think) very with 14k. When he bought it, it only had eight.

naudi90
06-12-2011, 08:33 PM
Other than this forum, autotrader, ebay and cars.com, what are some good sites to view for low mileage 330's?

Chernobyl Prize
06-12-2011, 09:20 PM
Most of the ones I've found lately have been through the regional craigslists. Check every 330 for the year you want, a lot of them never mention ZHP or refer to it as a sport, performance, or M package or sometimes say nothing at all about it.

Marcus-SanDiego
06-12-2011, 10:18 PM
^^ truth.

That's why it really helps to familiarize yourself with the frequently asked questions forum here on the site. Read it. You'll then be able to identify zhps even when the dealer or seller doesn't know what they have.

iPad. Tapatalk. Bi-winning.

Chernobyl Prize
06-13-2011, 10:39 AM
I keep Marcus' FAQ and the Wikipedia page for the E46 open in tabs when browsing ads.

billschusteriv
06-13-2011, 10:42 AM
:hi Welcome Jeremy! Good luck with your search!

Keep your eyes open on here for posts - members will usually post up links to all the ZHPs we can find for sale.

naudi90
06-13-2011, 12:41 PM
Found this (http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=296594970&dealer_id=58192986&car_year=2005&systime=&doors=&model=330I&search_lang=en&only_photo=1&start_year=2005&body_style=SEDAN&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&search_type=both&distance=0&min_price=&rdm=1307993074587&drive=&marketZipError=false&advanced=y&fuel=&keywords_display=&sownerid=605505&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2005&showZipError=y&make2=&certified=&engine=&dma=DALLAS-FT_WORTH_DS&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&only_price=1&body_code=8&transmission=Automatic&default_sort=priceASC&max_mileage=&color=&address=75201&sort_type=priceASC&max_price=&make=BMW&seller_type=b&num_records=100&cardist=27&standard=false) car in Texas (I'm in FL). Could be good as I need to offload a Prius and it is a Toyota dealership. Already having them running the numbers.

It is amazing to see the price of these things jump when you find one with low miles. The question of worth is subjective, but I have to ask, what do you guys feel this one is worth? What would be your trigger point if you were in the market? I'm feeling $19K tops for this one. Love to hear your feedback.

Jeremy

Marcus-SanDiego
06-13-2011, 12:48 PM
Jeremy, alpine white is difficult to find. And that price is in the right range. I'd pay $20K for it (if I was looking for automatic). Miles are low. Looks good.

This car looks just like LHB's car. He's also in Texas. But I know he doesn't have NAV, so it's not his car. But this one looks like it.

SoarinZHP
06-13-2011, 12:53 PM
My theory is if you find 'the one' buy it. There are all kinds of ZHP's out there and as others have stated, a lot of people don't know they're ZHP's or the significance of them. Fortunately, a lot of people with more money than brains bought them new because they look cool without having a clue about what else make them special.

I've had mine just about a month and when I saw mine, I knew it was the one I wanted. I know you'll get the same feeling when you find yours!

Welcome to the Mafia! - Kris