PDA

View Full Version : angel eyes installed, but rubbing issues with adaptive xenons?

trancenation
06-15-2011, 11:34 PM
Hey all,

I finished my orion v2 angel eye install today and they look great. My car has the adaptive xenons so the headlights constantly move and adjust. My specific problem is that the black headlight bezels rub against the angel eye clip mounting surfaces everytime i turn on the eyes or when they adjust. What is the best way to go about this problem? Just mess try to perfect the placement of the eyes and the bezel? Is there a negative impact that the rubbing can cause?(such as a weakened motor ) Thanks.

Oli77
06-16-2011, 04:11 AM
Can't help you as I have no moving parts on my lights but if the orions are like most other AEs (Weisslichts for me), they are just held on with 3M doublestick tape.

Maybe you can add more double stick tape, that's what I had to do when one of my AE fell down.

Try and make it so the AEs don't rub the xenons.

Mtnman
06-16-2011, 05:19 AM
Can you take a picture of this with the lense cover off showing us where the problem is? that might help us determine a solution......

trancenation
06-16-2011, 10:00 AM
http://www.umnitza.com/albums/E46Orion/orionfacelift5.jpg

This isn't my car, but I got this from the umnitza website. As you can see, the alligator clips are relatively close to the headlight bezel. When the headlights turn on or focus, the rubbing occurs on the face of the alligator clips.

danewilson77
06-16-2011, 10:34 AM
The clips aren't pushed all the way in...as mentioned above.

danewilson77
06-16-2011, 10:35 AM
The clips aren't pushed all the way in...as mentioned above.

Anything beyond that....I would call UMNITZA.

trancenation
06-16-2011, 11:12 AM
thanks guys, i sent them an email earlier and hoping for the best. As for now, I'll push the clips all of the way in when I get home from work.

danewilson77
06-16-2011, 11:23 AM
Efff email. Call them.....