PDA

View Full Version : Bmw part stores in maryland?

DirtyPillows
06-23-2011, 01:19 PM
Im looking in to buying wheel bearing. Do they usually carry those at bmw parts store (if i can trying to buy vs ordering online) and if so is there any in maryland by dc or baltimore????

kayger12
06-23-2011, 01:31 PM
BMW of Silver Spring
3211 Automobile Boulevard
Silver Spring, MD 20904
(888) 295-2096

DirtyPillows
06-23-2011, 01:34 PM
Sweets ill head there tomorrow check it out

az3579
06-23-2011, 01:46 PM
Sweets ill head there tomorrow check it out

They offer OEM parts at lower cost than any other dealer. Example: my passenger mirror motor costs $200 at my local dealer. Tischer has it for $~170.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DirtyPillows
06-23-2011, 01:53 PM
Awesome hopefully they have the part ill be looking into fixing that tomorrow if I can and the place seems to be 10 minutes from me :D

Hornung418
06-23-2011, 04:40 PM
The only bad thing about Tischer...is living in Maryland :( Sales taxxx.

DirtyPillows
06-23-2011, 05:07 PM
I figure I also ask since I got peoples attention :)
Where can I get a good deal on getting my rims refinshed. All of them had significant curb rash and one of the front ones has a small dent from what seems to be hitting the curb directly.

And if you have done this before what did you pay. I think I heard that its usually 100 per tire. Appreciate the comments.

Hornung418
06-23-2011, 05:15 PM
First things first, get the tires off the rim before you take them in. Usually hidden fees apply for removal of rubber and putting it back on and any other garbage that can be made into a price. Secondly, I do not recommend Ye Olde Wheel Shoppe...they have terrible reviews and really do all the things I mentioned above...

You should look into doing the job yourself if the wheel is not bent. There are many DIYs, including one on this forum, which will not only save you money...but also time, as the wheel shops take FOREVER to do a whole set of rims.

Newjack
06-23-2011, 05:27 PM
BMW of Silver Spring
Silver Spring, MD 20904
(888) 295-2096

I was there two days ago. I just ordered stuff from getbmwparts.com and picked it up. But they still charge you $2 for in store pick up. :rolleyes

DirtyPillows
06-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Well im afraid my rim suffer more than a little scuff as the diy thread suggested. However I will look into it and see what im working with thanx

BCS_ZHP
06-23-2011, 06:53 PM
Look into Collision Wheel Center near Bath, PA (maybe a 2 hour drive), top notch quality. He welds the rims to repair them, then spins them on a lathe back to original shape, he even takes some of his repairs over to Lehigh University to have metallurgy tests done on his repairs. Darrell is the owner and gave me a tour of the whole operation, quite impressive place he has. I ended up buying a set of 4 wheels he had already repaired (not 135s) for $650, then selling my old wheels for $300, so the end result was new wheels at less than $100 each. He also bakes the paint after he sprays them for a much more durable and glossy finish.

DirtyPillows
06-23-2011, 09:31 PM
hmm i will definitely take a look into that. Thanx.

billschusteriv
06-24-2011, 05:26 AM
BMW of Silver Spring
Silver Spring, MD 20904
(888) 295-2096

Yeah, talk to Evan or Jason over there. They run getbmwparts.com (the dealership's online parts store).

I was there two days ago. I just ordered stuff from getbmwparts.com and picked it up. But they still charge you $2 for in store pick up. :rolleyes

I think I remember seeing on getBMWparts.com that they are not directly affiliated with BMW of Silver Spring - but you can pick up there. I don't know if you can talk directly with Jason or Evan when you get there.

I think you'll have to pre-order online and pick it up there. :dunno

billschusteriv
06-24-2011, 05:29 AM
I figure I also ask since I got peoples attention :)
Where can I get a good deal on getting my rims refinshed. All of them had significant curb rash and one of the front ones has a small dent from what seems to be hitting the curb directly.

And if you have done this before what did you pay. I think I heard that its usually 100 per tire. Appreciate the comments.

Not to take away from any of the other great suggestions, but I just saw Mobile Alloy Wheel Repair truck driving around Shady Grove/Gaithersburg, MD area and the Montgomery County airpark a few weeks ago.

If I recorded it correctly, the number on the van was (301) 573-7468.

Considering the area this truck was driving around... I would call to find out prices, but would not be surprised if it was more than $100/wheel.

DirtyPillows
06-25-2011, 09:34 AM
Ty for the sugestion o will look into that as well.

I was very frustrated yesterday because when I lifted the car up i found out that both my rear bearings are fine. So right now I don't know where the noise coming from. I guess ill check the fronts tomorrow. :(

llll1l1ll
08-09-2011, 07:56 AM
If it's a wum wum type sound at lower speeds, it's probably a bent wheel. That's the case with mine. I'd like to get them repaired at some point, but I'm not sure where to go to do this.

kayger12
08-10-2011, 12:36 AM
Ty for the sugestion o will look into that as well.

I was very frustrated yesterday because when I lifted the car up i found out that both my rear bearings are fine. So right now I don't know where the noise coming from. I guess ill check the fronts tomorrow. :(

Went through this with my 325.

Rotors and bearings checked out fine.

Ended up being the tires...

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.