PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have an H&R Touring Cup Kit?

Cadeez
06-23-2011, 01:57 PM
I'm seriously thinking about getting one because I can get a great discount through a friend, just looking for a few reviews. I would be getting the Touring kit, not the Sport kit, the Sport kit lowers it too much for me. Oh and pics of your car if you have them, thanks!

Alphatek45
06-23-2011, 02:36 PM
This thread is relevant to my interests... Although I'm considering the Sport setup.

On the HR website, they have an option for each package "with sport sus" or "w/o sport sus" I'm assuming that's a reference to the ZHP package?
So we would be ordering the "with sport sus" kits?

johnrando
06-23-2011, 02:48 PM
Interested as well.

ZSP-Mafia
06-23-2011, 03:04 PM
The non-sport kit will fit, but might even raise the car and probably rides a little softer than the OEM sport setup. I would recommend the sport cupkit if you want something similar to OEM ride/handling, with a mild drop.

ZSP-Mafia
06-23-2011, 03:06 PM
The non-sport kit will fit, but might even raise the car and probably rides a little softer than the OEM sport setup. I would recommend the sport cupkit if you want something similar to OEM ride/handling, with a mild drop.

Edit: I don't think the touring kit will actually raise the car any, but the ride is gonna be a bit "mushier" than the stock setup.

Mtnman
06-23-2011, 05:12 PM
I HAVE IT!!!! i just installed it 4 weeks ago. Absolutely love it. (the H and R touring kit that is) yeah, the sport would be too much low and prob rub. the touring lowers front by .75, and rear by .25. Perfect. I have no pics....actuallly, hang on. Ryans 323 took a pic. Let me find it.
Go here, page 3. ryans323 took pics.
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?3145-Suspension-Installation-Difficulty/page3

Edit: I just read some of these posts. The Touring Cup Kit Definitely lowers the car. I have ZHP. It still lowers it and it is stiffer (but still comfortable) in the zhp. All of us have the "sport" suspension from the factory. Again, the Touring kit lowers the front by .75 inches, and the rear by .25 inches. For me, this is perfect amount of low. Post any questions and ill do my best to answer.

Crickett
06-24-2011, 03:40 AM
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm142/aprilsmom04/davids1.jpg
Ok, David, that looks AWESOME! I have never considered changing my ZHP's stock suspension because, like many, I find it a great balance of sport & comfort. But – thanks to all of YOUS GUYS & your "moar lowerz!!" – the idea is growing on me. When my OE dampeners are gone (which I don't think is too far into the future . . . ), I just may hit the H&R Touring Cup kit . . .

Minor side note/question: Do any alignment gurus know if a drop & stiffer springs (like these H&Rs in question) should call for a change in alignment specs from factory? Or will the suspension geometry – when the car's properly weighted – take care of that itself?

danewilson77
06-24-2011, 04:07 AM
Ok, David, that looks AWESOME! I have never considered changing my ZHP's stock suspension because, like many, I find it a great balance of sport & comfort. But – thanks to all of YOUS GUYS & your "moar lowerz!!" – the idea is growing on me. When my OE dampeners are gone (which I don't think is too far into the future . . . ), I just may hit the H&R Touring Cup kit . . .

Minor side note/question: Do any alignment gurus know if a drop & stiffer springs (like these H&Rs in question) should call for a change in alignment specs from factory? Or will the suspension geometry – when the car's properly weighted – take care of that itself?

If you drop one inch...that will produce about 1 degree of neg camber. Basic thumbrule and not exact.

Mtnman
06-24-2011, 04:09 AM
Crickett,
Someone smarter than me on alignments will prob answer this before then, but Monday I go in for an alignment. I just did suspensions and control arm bushings. I will know Monday for sure but in this case especially, I don't see the need to change the specs.

Also, im in real estate and still do take around clients on occasion, so I have to keep a somewhat proffessional look. The lowering that this kit provided gave me the look I wanted.....which was the average jjoe would think I had a sporty car, but only those that knew cars would know it had an aftermarket suspension.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Cadeez
06-24-2011, 08:16 AM
I HAVE IT!!!! i just installed it 4 weeks ago. Absolutely love it. (the H and R touring kit that is) yeah, the sport would be too much low and prob rub. the touring lowers front by .75, and rear by .25. Perfect. I have no pics....actuallly, hang on. Ryans 323 took a pic. Let me find it.
Go here, page 3. ryans323 took pics.
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?3145-Suspension-Installation-Difficulty/page3

Edit: I just read some of these posts. The Touring Cup Kit Definitely lowers the car. I have ZHP. It still lowers it and it is stiffer (but still comfortable) in the zhp. All of us have the "sport" suspension from the factory. Again, the Touring kit lowers the front by .75 inches, and the rear by .25 inches. For me, this is perfect amount of low. Post any questions and ill do my best to answer.

Mtnman,
This is the exact response I was hoping for!! That's great, you said exactly what I wanted to hear, and I'm definitely going touring. I'm not willing to sacrifice driveability and having to slow to a stop when going into a driveway so I don't scrape. Your car looks great with the .75" lower up fron and .25" in the rear. Plus to be honest, I'm not huge on the "lowered" car look, makes me feel like I'm trying to be young again, no offense to anyone out there though. I do like the look, just not on my own car. Anyhow, thanks again for thw write up, it's on now!

One question, where'd you get it and how much? If you don't mind... You can pm me if you want.

Cadeez
06-24-2011, 08:19 AM

Edit: I don't think the touring kit will actually raise the car any, but the ride is gonna be a bit "mushier" than the stock setup.

FYI from the Tire Rack site...

2004 BMW 330i Performance Pkg
Front and Rear fitment
Ride Height: Moderate Lowering
Avg low 0.75"F & 0.25"R.
Lowering height will vary on vehicles with factory sport suspensions.

zhpnsnv
06-24-2011, 08:20 AM
Good thread. No real interest in changing the zhp suspension, but it's nice to know there's an option for the crowd that doesn't need the car to be very low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mtnman
06-24-2011, 08:51 AM
Cadeez,
I got it from a friend, but the best prices I saw online were at tire rack.....and you can use the mafia link (first post and last post) so the site gets a little love too. Just know that I did a DIY, but still had to take the springs to a local shop to get them pressed enough to get on the struts. Call your indi ahead of time and ask them to price you on just pressing the spring. $50 or less will prob do it, and save you an ENORMOUS amount of time and effort.

danewilson77
06-24-2011, 09:06 AM
FYI from the Tire Rack site...

2004 BMW 330i Performance Pkg
Front and Rear fitment
Ride Height: Moderate Lowering
Avg low 0.75"F & 0.25"R.
Lowering height will vary on vehicles with factory sport suspensions.

Spring rate data on these please.....

Alphatek45
06-24-2011, 10:22 AM

This. And do we know oem data?

Mtnman
06-24-2011, 10:32 AM
Id call H and R. :biggrin and have a :conversation with their :admin

ZSP-Mafia
06-24-2011, 10:37 AM
ZSP springs are 160 lbs per corner. My guess for the ZHP would be somewhere between 160-200. As for the H&R's... I believe the springs are progressive which makes it hard to get an actual rating on em.

Mtnman
06-24-2011, 10:49 AM
Yes, the cup kit is progressive, and it uses the "sport" springs.

Cadeez
06-24-2011, 01:01 PM

I looked around but am not able to find the technical data...

danewilson77
06-24-2011, 01:10 PM
I looked around but am not able to find the technical data...

Unacceptable.