PDA

View Full Version : DSC & BRAKE lights come on yellow

bmrhead
06-25-2011, 04:32 PM
OK, so this is the latest craziness from my zhp. The DSC and brake lights come on yellow at the same time, when you least expect it, they go off and come back on. The car feels normal (other than the 4k dip addressed in another thread). Any ideas? Anybody had this issue before?

static667
06-25-2011, 05:43 PM
Usually when those lights come on it means that those controls are disabled. I'm not really well versed in what warning lights mean what in E46s.

kayger12
06-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Usually means a bad wheel speed sensor, iirc.

Just hang tight. Someone will jump in on this.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

danewilson77
06-25-2011, 07:01 PM
Let me ask you this my friend. What front end maintenance has occurred to you car recently?

knevor
06-27-2011, 12:01 PM
I did have same thing, they replaced left rear wheel speed sensor I am looking at the bill rite now.
warning light for abs/asc/dcs traction control system. Found fault in left rear wheel speed sensor

knevor
06-27-2011, 12:03 PM
OK, so this is the latest craziness from my zhp. The DSC and brake lights come on yellow at the same time, when you least expect it, they go off and come back on. The car feels normal (other than the 4k dip addressed in another thread). Any ideas? Anybody had this issue before?

did anything else funky happen on your dash?

Len013091
06-28-2011, 01:42 PM
If the ABS light isn't lit, then the fault lies somewhere in the DSC system. Since the wheel speed sensors are shared between the system, then it's time to start looking at those that aren't. The most likely cause is the steering angle sensor. It may be faulty or need replacement. It could also need to be reset. I'd start there first and then work to other areas like the DSC module and its components (accelerometers, etc).

kayger12
06-28-2011, 05:47 PM
If the ABS light isn't lit, then the fault lies somewhere in the DSC system. Since the wheel speed sensors are shared between the system, then it's time to start looking at those that aren't. The most likely cause is the steering angle sensor. It may be faulty or need replacement. It could also need to be reset. I'd start there first and then work to other areas like the DSC module and its components (accelerometers, etc).

Great info, Len.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.