PDA

View Full Version : How to remove pillars?

HokieZHP
06-30-2011, 12:59 PM
Hey guys so the fabric is peeling off of both the A and C pillars. I bought some spray adhesive to fix it need to get the pillar coverings off. Can anyone tell me how to get them off?

Thanks!

danewilson77
06-30-2011, 05:59 PM
Hey guys so the fabric is peeling off of both the A and C pillars. I bought some spray adhesive to fix it need to get the pillar coverings off. Can anyone tell me how to get them off?

Thanks!

I have in DIY section.

For the c pillars just pry gentle...out on the most forward corner and it will pop loose. At this point...reach behind and unplug light. Boom. Done. Winning.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

HokieZHP
06-30-2011, 06:19 PM
Ok thanks DW I'll check it out. Any tips for the A pillars?

danewilson77
06-30-2011, 06:29 PM
Tip 1. When you use the hatchet to remove the three screws...cover the backside with mf towel...or you will scratch window.

Tip 2. New pillars are pretty inexpensive.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Oli77
06-30-2011, 06:33 PM
+1 on not scratching the windshield (been there, done that).

Once you remove the three screws, pull the top of the pillar to about 30-45 degrees towards the center of the car and then gently rock back and forth towards the front and back of the car while pulling up (towards the roof). It comes off.

HokieZHP
06-30-2011, 07:14 PM
Thanks guys. I'm hoping to tackle this tomorrow afternoon after work. I'll post how it goes

rikdee
07-01-2011, 05:43 AM
A-pillar: Know the cover's bottom end is molded into a small flange that fits into a slot formed into the dashboard itself. The trick is to release this flange from the dashboard slot without breaking the flange. Be very careful when pulling on this piece. Oli77's advise above will help.