PDA

View Full Version : They weren't kidding... it is hard to find a BMW 330ci ZHP

jdub486
06-30-2011, 07:38 PM
My search for a 330ci zhp began about a month ago. My preference is a manual 330ci in silver, silver gray, blue, or black, with leather and silver cube.

I have found two decent options thus far:

2005 330ci 6sp silver gray/ blk leather, black cube, 50k miles, 23k (500 miles away)

2005 330ci 6sp sparkling graphite (not my fav) black leather, silver cube, nav, 23k, also 50k miles, warranty for 24 more months

Both of these are close to what I'm looking for but steep in price. If the second car listed above was silver or silver gray I would aggressively pursue it. How long did it take some of you to find the right ZHP?

mimalmo
06-30-2011, 07:46 PM
Took me 4 months.

M0nk3y
06-30-2011, 07:59 PM
Not a ZHP, but I spent 6 months.

Trust me, worth the wait. I could of compromised for a different color...Glad I didn't

Marcus-SanDiego
06-30-2011, 08:53 PM
Took me about two months. Very active searching.

Jorge86
06-30-2011, 08:54 PM
About 2 years. Found one about 10 miles away. Scheduled an interview but cancelled cause I was not sure. Told my friend that works at a BMW dealer. His friend was looking for an m3. They decide that this was more special. Next day I decided that I wanted it so I called the seller and he said he had all ready sold it. Called my friend and he said his friend bought it since I decided that I did not want it. Told him if he ever sells it let me know. Less than 3 months ugly the call. They found a 600 hp Honda del sol and had to sell the zhp. Bought it at the same price but with all the staff the needed to get replaced fixed. Love the car and will never sell it.

Go Horns!
06-30-2011, 11:38 PM
I searched for about a month. I had my criteria and set-up a nationwide search on Autotrader. Woke up one morning and the ad for the car I wanted was e-mailed to me. Had a deposit on it by noon. Passed the PPI, and a flew out to drive it home.

lilcdkey
07-01-2011, 12:00 AM
2 months and that was just looking for a normal 330ci.

kayger12
07-01-2011, 02:55 AM
Two months of active daily searching.

Fwiw, Sparkling Graphite wasn't my first choice, but once you see how difficult it is to find exactly what you're looking for in good condition, you tend to prioritize your options.

I started wanting a Jet Black or Orient Blue sedan. Ended up with a SG coupe, lol.

At the end of the day I decided that as long as it was a clean, preferably CPOd 6mt, everything else was negotiable...

Btw- absolutely love the SG now.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

az3579
07-01-2011, 03:02 AM
You all are going to hate me.
Spent 2 weeks of "kind of" searching. I was actually "window shopping", really intending to buy an E36, but not even all that serious about buying as opposed to just looking. When I saw my car I actually passed by it many times dismissing the mods. But then one day, I looked at the ad again and decided that I was going to buy a ZHP. :biggrin

Granted it's not a coupe but it doesn't matter. Just as hard to find the "right" sedan as it is the coupe...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Nivo
07-01-2011, 03:49 AM
Took me about 1 month and found one without the cold weather package, Silver grey, in Florida from 1 original owner that bought it in Germany/delivery in Germany.

Marcus-SanDiego
07-01-2011, 07:49 AM
You all are going to hate me.
Spent 2 weeks of "kind of" searching. I was actually "window shopping", really intending to buy an E36, but not even all that serious about buying as opposed to just looking. When I saw my car I actually passed by it many times dismissing the mods. But then one day, I looked at the ad again and decided that I was going to buy a ZHP. :biggrin

Granted it's not a coupe but it doesn't matter. Just as hard to find the "right" sedan as it is the coupe...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

BP, you know we wouldn't hate you for that!

Scott95
07-01-2011, 03:15 PM
I have known for a year or so I wanted a ZHP, but not until I sold my M6... So, I wasn't actively searching (although I've been ad-watching for months) since I'm buying a house right now and didn't want to spend money on another car. 2 weeks ago I drove by a ZHP sitting on a lot and had to turn around to check it out. It appeared to be everything I wanted, so I soon drove it, got a PPI, and bought her! It was a good deal and local, so I couldn't resist... now I have to get the M6 on the market pretty soon. One nice thing about my new house is that it will have enough garage space for both cars + my BMW motorcycle, so I won't feel rushed to unload the M6.

BCAN
07-22-2011, 08:49 PM
Can you tell me which one you didn't/don't get? Because those are both perfect for me, haha, i love both colors and everything.

BlackNTan
07-23-2011, 04:17 AM
That sparkling gray is gorgeous in person and is uncommon. That'd be my choice. Good luck with the pursuit!