PDA

View Full Version : For Sale (SOLD): 2005 BMW 330i ZHP in Imola

Rustyh
07-02-2011, 01:23 PM
This feels all kinds of wrong, but I've owned and sold enough cars and motorcycles over the years that were special to understand it's part of the process. No, it's not like losing a pet, but when you've cared a lot about a machine and taken great pride in it and great care of it, it still stings when you think the time has come to let it go to a new home. I'm in Weatherford, Texas (~25 miles WNW of Ft. Worth) and can work with you on shipping coordination if that's necessary.

So here goes.

I'm the original owner. Purchased the car in early March 2005.

Details:
VIN: WBAEV53435KM08195
Year: 2005
Make: BMW
Model: 330i ZHP in Imola (black leather)
Mileage: 48686 (so probably < 8k miles per year?)
Transmission: 6MT
Price: $20,500 OBO (reasonable offers only will be entertained)

Clear title
Black cube trim
Sunroof
Xenon lights
Upgraded to M3 leather multi-function steering wheel under warranty (alcantara wasn't holding up well. Otherwise all the standard alcantara appointments)
New OEM battery (second week of June 2011)
Rain sensing wipers (which I think was just a standard feature)
Cruise control
Harman Kardon stereo with in-dash MP3 cd player
Upgraded to clear lenses all around.
Blacked out kidney's. I still have the original amber lenses, save for the amber side markers, and chrome kidney's.
3M clear film on front bumper, side mirrors.
Homelink
CD changer
Cocoa mats with the red accents
ASA AR1 wheels (original ZHP wheels come with it and are in great shape)
Michelin AS tires (~5k miles on them.....excellent shape)

Meticulously cared for. All services done by by my local dealership, and what records I don't have on hand, I'm sure they will be happy to provide me hardcopies or perhaps, electronically (i.e. Excel, email, etc).

Oil changes done every 5k - 7k miles (cheap insurance IMO....better safe than sorry I say)

Issues:
Mechanically, not a single one. Everything's tight, quiet, and in excellent working condition.
Cosmetically. Maybe a half dozen pin head sized little spots on the front lower part of the hood max. Very minor.

Thanks for listening. Here are some pics. If you need additional pics, I'll try and oblige. Holler if you're interested.

rwhuskey@yahoo.com
(cell) 817-901-4078
(work) 817-212-7464

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1419
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1420
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1383
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1382

tunamelt
07-02-2011, 02:15 PM
SO clean... Wish it was a coupe. GLWS.

tomjonesrocks
07-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Man--nice car. Am not fond of aftermarket rims on BMWs but those look really nice. Tempting actually but am unsure I'm really a red car person. Any interior photos?

Marcus-SanDiego
07-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Tom, I didn't think I was a red car person either, until I saw imola red on natural brown interior. Game over. Sold.

Rustyh
07-08-2011, 06:48 AM
Man--nice car. Am not fond of aftermarket rims on BMWs but those look really nice. Tempting actually but am unsure I'm really a red car person. Any interior photos?

First off, sorry to just now be checking back in and see your question. Been busy at work, coordinating some remodeling stuff at the house, etc.
Anywho, yea, I have maybe 2-3 pics of the interior, under the hood, trunk. I decided to go ahead and list the car on cars.com and you can see the other pics there. Just search for 2005, 330 sedan within 30 miles of area code 76085. That should filter you right down to my car.

I've dropped the price to $20,500 ($20,000?....I kinda forget where I left it). Re the wheels, please note in my ad that the original wheels come with the car, as well as the OEM lenses/kidneys, etc. Only original part(s) I don't still have were the el cheapo floor mats that were in the car (you'll love Cocoa) and the amber side markers (which I broke removing....whoops). :)

If you need anything else just holler. I check email almost daily. Most of the sites, not quite so often unfortunately (did I mention remodeling? lol)

Take care, Rusty rwhuskey@yahoo.com

Marcus-SanDiego
07-08-2011, 06:50 AM
Good luck with the sale, Rusty. And good luck with the remodeling!

aurelius
07-08-2011, 08:10 AM
Prospective West Coast buyers:

You buy this ZHP and for a small fee + gas, I'll drive it to San Diego in early August, where we can offer it up as the subject car for the detailing clinic Marcus has organized. You come on down to SD the next day and take delivery of what will undoubtedly look like a show car at that point.

Meantime, we get the cooling system replaced and deal with any other little things this car may need.

If anyone out there is interested, PM me and we can work it out. I'm in Dallas, about 60-70 miles from this ZHP's current location.

billschusteriv
07-08-2011, 08:15 AM
Sweet deal!

Good luck with the sale Rusty.

BimmerRules!
07-08-2011, 10:32 AM

You buy this ZHP and for a small fee + gas, I'll drive it to San Diego in early August, where we can offer it up as the subject car for the detailing clinic Marcus has organized. You come on down to SD the next day and take delivery of what will undoubtedly look like a show car at that point.

Meantime, we get the cooling system replaced and deal with any other little things this car may need.

If anyone out there is interested, PM me and we can work it out. I'm in Dallas, about 60-70 miles from this ZHP's current location.

This makes me highly interested. Let me look into the car a bit more close (can't pull it up on autotrader) and get back to you. :)

BimmerRules!
07-08-2011, 10:43 AM
. I decided to go ahead and list the car on autotrader.com and
). :)
rwhuskey@yahoo.com

NOTE - CAR IS LISTED ON CARS.COM not autotrader.com

see link: http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=usedcc&csDlId=&csDgId=&listingId=69667743&listingRecNum=2&criteria=sf1Dir%3DDESC%26mkId%3D20005%26stkTyp%3DU %26mdId%3D20409%26kwm%3DANY%26rd%3D100000%26crSrtF lds%3DstkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-mdId-transTypeId%26zc%3D07310%26rn%3D0%26PMmt%3D1-1-0%26stkTypId%3D28881%26sf2Dir%3DASC%26sf1Nm%3Dpric e%26kw%3Dzhp%26sf2Nm%3Dmiles%26transTypeId%3D28112 %26rpp%3D50%26feedSegId%3D28705&aff=national

Confirmed with Rusty, who btw seems a really nice person. He said he'll try to edit his post.

Rustyh
07-08-2011, 11:07 AM
NOTE - CAR IS LISTED ON CARS.COM not autotrader.com

Confirmed with Rusty, who btw seems a really nice person. He said he'll try to edit his post.

Well thanks sir, both for letting me know of the mistake in my earlier post, as well as exaggerating what kind of person I am. :)

Was good talking to you and best of luck in your search. I dunno what color that other ZHP is you've found, but keep in mind that I'm told Imola looks really really nice in areas that actually see fall colors! lol

Take care and thanks again,
Rusty

BimmerRules!
07-08-2011, 12:29 PM
You are welcome Rusty. Anything for a zhp member. :)

Forgot to check: does the car have cold weather package (heated seats etc)? Thanks.

zhpnsnv
07-08-2011, 03:07 PM

I'm a fan of this idea and sincerely hope someone takes advantage of it.

Rustyh
07-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Forgot to check: does the car have cold weather package (heated seats etc)? Thanks.

I'm not sure heated seats are even an option on Texas cars! lol

No, sorry. No heated seats. But if you'd like for me to leave it outside the garage before I ship it just let me know. The seats and the steering wheel should still feel more than just a little toasty by the time it arrives. :)

Rusty

Marcus-SanDiego
07-08-2011, 05:07 PM
I'd have no problem using this ZHP as the donor car for the detailing clinic (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?3736-Detailing-clinic-San-Diego-limited-space-available-August-6-2011) on August 6. Would make it a pretty cool sale, actually.

And, BR, if you happen to buy this car, you'll attend the detailing clinic and you can do most of the actual detailing work on the car. I'm sure we can arrange that.

Rustyh
07-10-2011, 07:31 AM
All this Detailing Clinic talk got me to thinking. About a year ago, I bought a Porter-Cable 7424 Orbital Buffer/Polisher (and a few extra pads) that has never been used. The box has been opened, but that was just to verify I was sent everything. I'm not even sure I've ever plugged the puppy in. So basically, it's brand spankin new. So what I've decided to do is sweeten the offer a little on the car and toss in the PC for anyone here that might be really close to wanting to make a deal. And I'm thinking that after your Detailing Clinic, you'll find this little monster will be your new bestest friend.

Re my car, I'm happy to report that I've had about 6 contacts in the last 3-4 days. So I'm starting to feel much more optimistic that it's going to find a good home, hopefully in the not too distant future. But since it's still going to take something just this side of a Texas tornado to get me to move too much on my asking price (especially since I've found a beautiful, low mileage, local E36/7 M Coupe that I think I can affod w/o selling the ZHP!), I thought wth, throw in the PC and see what happens. (side note: it's an extremely weird feeling not caring all that much if I sell the car or not. I guess that's a sign that the car really is pretty special and a reminder that I've already gotta a helluva nice ride, so I don't lose regardless how this story ends!) :)

Re my asking price on the car itself, I think it's very well in line with what other sales are showing, particularly when my car seems to have less miles than most I see. And even though it's only an emotional thing and not something that's easily proven, but I also know how much care I've taken of this car and in my head that equates to a certain monetary value. But I also hope that any potential buyers that are on the fence remember you get not only the OE lenses (why you'd ever want to put ambers back on is beyond me...but I digress) :), but you also get the OE wheels. So you could easily resell one set of wheels and recoup some of your investment. Even used ZHP wheels ain't cheap. And back on the Roadfly board I was offered $600 for the ASA's, and that was before I put on the new set of Michelin's.

There appears to be about a thousand links related to the Porter-Cable, but here is one that seems to provide a lot of information (with pics too!) in a fairly concise manner:

http://guidetodetailing.com/detailing-tools-guides/using-the-porter-cable-7424-dual-action-polisher/

Even if you don't buy my car, if you're a detail nut you need to look into the PC. I've seen many people on Roadfly, Bimmerforums, etc opinion it's the best there is.

All my best. Hope you guys are having/had a good weekend.
(and you're spot on Marcus.........there's something special about Imola)
Rusty

BimmerRules!
07-10-2011, 11:03 AM
I'm not sure heated seats are even an option on Texas cars! lol

No, sorry. No heated seats. But if you'd like for me to leave it outside the garage before I ship it just let me know. The seats and the steering wheel should still feel more than just a little toasty by the time it arrives. :)

Rusty

I am sure the leather seats would be so cool after 10 mts under the Texas sun. :) Thanks Rusty, but hate to pass on this great deal primarily because it doesn't have cold weather package. Aging spoilt bums like me have now got hooked to these wonderful warm seat and steering when the temp here in the north-east goes below freezing. I have them in my 530 and realize that I would rather prefer heated seats, especially if the seats are leather.

So, glws! You made the deal more attractive by throwing in those add-ons and I sure hope you get it sold soon. :)

Good luck with everything!

I'd have no problem using this ZHP as the donor car for the detailing clinic (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?3736-Detailing-clinic-San-Diego-limited-space-available-August-6-2011) on August 6. Would make it a pretty cool sale, actually.

And, BR, if you happen to buy this car, you'll attend the detailing clinic and you can do most of the actual detailing work on the car. I'm sure we can arrange that.

Thanks Marcus. I will certainly do this if I buy a west coast car by Aug 3. :)

tomjonesrocks
07-11-2011, 02:21 AM

Why would the cooling system need to be replaced? Is this a dumb question?

danewilson77
07-11-2011, 03:12 AM
Either there is an issue...or it is very preemptive, based ok mileage. I did not see a specific issue listed...as a matter of fact...initial post says car is mechanically perfect.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

SoarinZHP
07-11-2011, 03:24 AM
Why would the cooling system need to be replaced? Is this a dumb question?

The cooling system is one of the weakest systems on the cars due to the fact most of it is made from plastic. The waterpump, thermostat housing and water pump and reservoir are made from plastic and get brittle over time. The hoses deteriorate, too. The WORSE thing you can do to these engines is over heat them due to the metals they are made with and the length of the block being a straight 6. Replacing the cooling system is a wise precautionary measure and most of us consider it part of a basic maintenance plan.

Rustyh
07-11-2011, 06:09 AM
The cooling system is one of the weakest systems on the cars due to the fact most of it is made from plastic. The waterpump, thermostat housing and water pump and reservoir are made from plastic and get brittle over time. The hoses deteriorate, too. ......

All very true. But that's about all I've seen the experts agree on, which makes a calculated determination of when to replace/upgrade very confusing. Too much seems to depend entirely on how the car's been driven, conditions it's driven in, etc. Even things like aluminum housing seems to be up for debate.

For example, if memory serves me correctly TurnerMotorsports (very well respected of course) has a special cooling system package for the E46 3 Series, but the thermostat seems to have the same plastic housing as OE. But then you listen to someone like Mike Miller (BMW CCA's tech guru) and he says it's of utmost importance to use a thermostat with aluminum housing.

I've had 6 BMW's and 4 of them exceeded 100k miles on the original radiators w/o any problem. The other two didn't reach 100k miles before I sold them, but never had an issue with the radiator, waterpump or thermostat on any of them. IIRC, I replaced thermostats as preventive maintenance on each though, and a few hoses on them.

I just regularly check for things like leaks, I keep an eye on the temp gauge to make sure it doesn't start fluctuating, etc. If/when I see something that makes me suspicious, then I'll take it in and have someone investigate.

That said, if I keep my car I am thinking about updating the radiator to an aluminum one. Not because I'm suspicious that it's fixing to fail, just because I think an aluminum radiator looks uber cool. lol

Rusty
'05 330i ZHP in Imola

danewilson77
07-11-2011, 06:35 AM
Well said. I have 128k miles on original cooling system now.

I think frequent checking, topping up, and overfilling may contribute to premature failure. Just a hunch.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

aurelius
07-11-2011, 08:05 AM
Guys, it's well established as to what and when to replace in the E46 cooling system. The generally accepted replacement interval, the one which keeps you ahead of the game in avoiding a leak, is 60k miles. Cost of doing a thorough replacement (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17676561/BMW%20docs/BMW%20E46%20Cooling%20System%20Rehab.rtf) (minus radiator) is about $450 in parts for E46 models with manual transmission. There are nearly 20 parts involved, most of which can either be the source of a leak or the source of serpentine belt breakage (that being the belt which drives the water/coolant pump). Once you spring a leak at operating temperature, the coolant drains very quickly and engine damage due to over-heating is very near.

The radiator is rarely the culprit in catastrophic failure and its suggested replacement interval is 90-100k miles. If you're a gambler, bet on a leaking radiator sooner than later if your ZHP has not had 2-3 proper coolant flushes, depending on its age. Proper flush includes using BMW's coolant mixed with distilled water.

tomjonesrocks
07-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Guys, it's well established as to what and when to replace in the E46 cooling system. The generally accepted replacement interval, the one which keeps you ahead of the game in avoiding a leak, is 60k miles. Cost of doing a thorough replacement (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17676561/BMW%20docs/BMW%20E46%20Cooling%20System%20Rehab.rtf) (minus radiator) is about $450 in parts for E46 models with manual transmission. There are nearly 20 parts involved, most of which can either be the source of a leak or the source of serpentine belt breakage (that being the belt which drives the water/coolant pump). Once you spring a leak at operating temperature, the coolant drains very quickly and engine damage due to over-heating is very near.

The radiator is rarely the culprit in catastrophic failure and its suggested replacement interval is 90-100k miles. If you're a gambler, bet on a leaking radiator sooner than later if your ZHP has not had 2-3 proper coolant flushes, depending on its age. Proper flush includes using BMW's coolant mixed with distilled water.

Is there a thread that details these 20 parts somewhere? I don't own a ZHP yet--but I am wondering if this job is something I can DIY or not. The idea of buying a ZHP and then immediately having to put a grand into it the day I take delivery replacing cooling sounds like kind of a wet blanket.

EDIT: Never mind--I didn't notice there was a link to a RTF above...

danewilson77
07-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Is there a thread that details these 20 parts somewhere? I don't own a ZHP yet--but I am wondering if this job is something I can DIY or not. The idea of buying a ZHP and then immediately having to put a grand into it the day I take delivery replacing cooling sounds like kind of a wet blanket.

EDIT: Never mind--I didn't notice there was a link to a RTF above...

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/nicee46/Maintenance%20and%20Misc/163628_x600-1.jpg

SoarinZHP
07-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Tom, I didn't think I was a red car person either, until I saw imola red on natural brown interior. Game over. Sold.

Funny thing. One of my earlier cars was a red Prelude... I remember red being nice. I forgot how much care is required to take care of red paint. However, when I saw my Imola red 330i ZHP at the dealer, I got goosebumps. I knew that was MY car from the moment I saw it. And I LOVE driving my Imola Red ZHP!!!

ELCID86
07-13-2011, 05:35 AM
Looks like the price is down to $19,500 (obo) on cars.com. Is the driver's seat leather? Back seems to be alcantara or is that the lighting? OP states "Otherwise all the standard alcantara appointments".

aurelius
07-13-2011, 07:26 AM
When I wrote Post #7, I had been under the mistaken impression this car had 58k miles on it (I'm now seeing it's actually 48k). Therefore, preventive cooling system replacement won't be needed for a while.

Marcus-SanDiego
07-13-2011, 07:49 AM
Probably another year or so.

Rustyh
07-14-2011, 05:30 AM
Looks like the price is down to $19,500 (obo) on cars.com. Is the driver's seat leather? Back seems to be alcantara or is that the lighting? OP states "Otherwise all the standard alcantara appointments".

Sorry for the confusion. I'm having to close my eyes here and visualize my interior (you'd think after 48k miles this wouldn't be that hard..lol), but if I'm not mistaken, on ZHP models (at least 2005's) the steering wheel, a-pillar and headliner were alcantara. On many ZHP's, as you may have noticed in seeing cars in person or in pics, the alcantara didn't hold up so well on the steering wheel. It would pile. As many others did, I too was able to get my dealer to replace mine under warranty with a leather M3 multi-function wheel. Same basic wheel as the original, just leather rather than alcantara. Personally I love it.

The interior is leather. Must be the lighting you're seeing (I SUCK at taking pics). AFAIK, they didn't use alcantara on any of the seat parts in any of the MY's.

Rusty

danewilson77
07-14-2011, 05:58 AM
I don't think the headliner of the A Pillars are alcantara...though they might be black(Scwartz).

aurelius
07-14-2011, 08:12 AM
...if I'm not mistaken, on ZHP models (at least 2005's) the steering wheel, a-pillar and headliner were alcantara.

AFAIK, they didn't use alcantara on any of the seat parts in any of the MY's.

ZHP headliner and pillar covering is anthracite (black) fabric and is part of the ZHP option package. Non-ZHP models have a light gray material in these spots.

Seats are half Alcantara, half cloth in ZHP's which don't have leather seats. Leather was optional on these cars.

danewilson77
07-14-2011, 08:38 AM
ZHP headliner and pillar covering is anthracite (black) fabric and is part of the ZHP option package. Non-ZHP models have a light gray material in these spots.

Seats are half Alcantara, half cloth in ZHP's which don't have leather seats. Leather was optional on these cars.

Righty right!

No alcantara on the pillars or the headliner.

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/nicee46/Funny/clock01.jpg

therealm3
07-15-2011, 09:18 AM
Hey Rusty, shot you an email for more info. Thanks!

aurelius
07-16-2011, 08:50 AM
I have it on good authority that this car is indeed on its way to San Diego. Unfortunately, I am not the one driving it out there but hopefully the new owner will chime in here with a live report from a truck stop somewhere on Interstate 20...

therealm3
07-16-2011, 09:36 AM
Yeah, Rusty let me know that this bad boy is pretty much sold. Sad for me, but great for the new owner. He said it was headed to SD this morning some time.

Marcus-SanDiego
07-16-2011, 09:38 AM
Nice to see this car coming to San Diego. I wonder if the new owner is a ZHPMafia.com member.

aurelius
07-16-2011, 11:11 AM
I wonder if the new owner is a ZHPMafia.com member.

New owner contacted me via PM about my offer to ferry the car out to SD. So, yes, he (she?) is a site member.

Marcus-SanDiego
07-16-2011, 12:41 PM
Excellent.

Rustyh
07-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Yep, you guys have another fellow ZHPMafia member who's now driving a ZHP! I'd share his name but since I don't know folks around here well enough to have a feel for how private and public different sorts might be, I'll leave it to him to speak up. I will say this about him though. He's an extremely nice young man who was a pleasure to deal with. And to say this guy doesn't hesitate to move on something when he knows what he wants would be a freekin understatement!!! lol

~3:00pm yesterday I thought we'd left it at the point that he was going to try and figure out if he'd maybe have the car shipped, or if he might fly out next weekend. I guess it was the fact that I mentioned I forgot I'm supposed to be going to Pagosa Springs next weekend (but I did also mention I'd work with him on the schedule....that I could fly up a day late w/o any problem). But anyway, next thing I know I check email and I have a freekin copy of his flight itinerary indicating he was flying in last night!!! lol Suffice to say he caught me off guard, but in a good way it turned out. But you've been warned, if this guy says he wants something you better be ready. :)

I'm thrilled the car found a good home. That was one of my favorite cars to have had the pleasure to have owned, and God knows I wish I had the kind of income to have kept it and also pursued a 2 seater. But alas, such are the misfortunes of the middle-class.

But I'm happy to report that I'm the new owner of a pristine 2008 Z4 3.0si Coupe. I knew I wanted the Coupe version of the Z4 for a long time now (quite honestly, the roadster still looks like an unfinished thought to me). I'd eliminated considerations for a Boxster or Cayman S models recently, so all I had to do was decide whether I wanted the 3.0si or the ///M. Finally accepting that the last ///M I had really didn't do anything for penis size afterall, I decided to go with the 3.0si. Besides, who really needs to drop $1600 every 25k-30k miles for a valve adjustment? And it's not like I'm going to be getting a car on a track, so the extra power would be lost on me (although quad exhausts still make me drool). Car only has 8k miles on it, so it's led a sheltered life. Black with the natural brown interior, 6MT, premium and sports pkg, and looks like it just came off the showroom floor.

I've always had this love/hate relationship with every black car I've owned, and we all know what I'm talking about. But I'm willing to sacrifice; this car just did it for me when I saw it. And the price was something so amazing I actually had to call and make sure it wasn't a typo.

Maybe I'll stick around, you guys seem like a good bunch and if this Texas contingent ever gets something together I'd like to drop by and say hey. If any of you are ever in the area and want to come out for a cold one, do some fishing, play some pool or guitar or whatnot, just let me know.

Thanks for being so hospitable. And a special thanks for being so kind about my lack of knowledge concerning what is and what's not alcantara!!!! lol

Take care and see you around from time to time,
Rusty Huskey

Marcus-SanDiego
07-16-2011, 02:26 PM
Rusty, glad to hear that everything worked out well. I'm curious to see who bought it. Hopefully we will find out soon.

Congrats on your new car, too.

BimmerRules!
07-17-2011, 05:47 AM
But I'm happy to report that I'm the new owner of a pristine 2008 Z4 3.0si Coupe. I knew I wanted the Coupe version of the Z4 for a long time now (quite honestly, the roadster still looks like an unfinished thought to me). I'd eliminated considerations for a Boxster or Cayman S models recently, so all I had to do was decide whether I wanted the 3.0si or the ///M. Finally accepting that the last ///M I had really didn't do anything for penis size afterall, I decided to go with the 3.0si. Besides, who really needs to drop $1600 every 25k-30k miles for a valve adjustment? And it's not like I'm going to be getting a car on a track, so the extra power would be lost on me (although quad exhausts still make me drool). Car only has 8k miles on it, so it's led a sheltered life. Black with the natural brown interior, 6MT, premium and sports pkg, and looks like it just came off the showroom floor.

I've always had this love/hate relationship with every black car I've owned, and we all know what I'm talking about. But I'm willing to sacrifice; this car just did it for me when I saw it. And the price was something so amazing I actually had to call and make sure it wasn't a typo.

Maybe I'll stick around, you guys seem like a good bunch and if this Texas contingent ever gets something together I'd like to drop by and say hey. If any of you are ever in the area and want to come out for a cold one, do some fishing, play some pool or guitar or whatnot, just let me know.

Thanks for being so hospitable. And a special thanks for being so kind about my lack of knowledge concerning what is and what's not alcantara!!!! lol

Take care and see you around from time to time,
Rusty Huskey

Hey Rusty!! Double congratulations!! If you don't mind, please post the pictures of your new ride (I know it is not a zhp and I hope Marcus wouldn't mind! :)). The color combination sounds great!

Also, curious to know more about why your rejected the M3. If you prefer, can you shoot me a PM and we can continue the conversation privately? Thanks and congratulations again! Hope you enjoy the new z4. (I was on a track as a passenger in one and was blown away by the precison and control of the z's.)

And it's a 2008 model?? Sweet!! :)

Marcus-SanDiego
07-17-2011, 08:18 AM
I don't mind if Rusty posts pictures of the Z4. Feel free, Rusty.

variate
07-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Hi guys,

I picked up the car yesterday and I'm finally back to San Diego now. I drove over 900 miles yesterday from Dallas to Tucson, AZ. So, today was easy. ^^
Anyway, I need to recover a little bit and will update in another post during the week.
By the way, I like my car to be the subject vehicle for the cleaning clinic, if that's still ok. It needs good cleaning anyway after all the country side driving.
Thanks.

pleasecorrupt
07-17-2011, 02:33 PM
congrats :) pics when u recover. put your name down here.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?3736-Detailing-clinic-San-Diego-limited-space-available-August-6-2011&highlight=detail

Marcus-SanDiego
07-17-2011, 02:44 PM
Hi guys,

I picked up the car yesterday and I'm finally back to San Diego now. I drove over 900 miles yesterday from Dallas to Tucson, AZ. So, today was easy. ^^
Anyway, I need to recover a little bit and will update in another post during the week.
By the way, I like my car to be the subject vehicle for the cleaning clinic, if that's still ok. It needs good cleaning anyway after all the country side driving.
Thanks.

Be sure to sign up for the clinic. I am sure that we can make it happen.