PDA

View Full Version : Attack of the swirls

HokieZHP
07-02-2011, 07:49 PM
So I noticed today that the PO or someone tried to buff this car and now there are swirl marks ALL OVER the car. Is there any way to get rid of these or hide them?

Thanks

danewilson77
07-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Paint correction. Check the detailing forum.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

zhpnsnv
07-03-2011, 04:57 PM
Get rid with cut polish and porter cable random orbital polisher. Get orange cut pads for the cut polish and softer (white, blue) pads for the subsequent polishes.

If your swirls are bad:
- wash, clay, wash
- cut polish
- medium cut polish
- finishing polish
- top with sealant or wax

To do a full paint correction by yourself, plan for a 2 day affair. When I do my "full" details, it takes me 7-9 hours, and I have one less step than above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M0nk3y
07-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Blue LLC Pads are for waxes and sealants. I think the correct color there would be (white, black)

JohnnyGraphic
07-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Do not underestimate the use of proper pads. Make sure you get the right pad for the right purpose. Use the right compound/polish/finishing product too.

Remember to take your time and take your car out into the sunlight to double check to make sure you get all of the haze/swirls out from before. Take your time and don't rush from one step to the next. Enlist the help of a friend to wipe off the polish as you continue polishing the rest of the car. It will make the process go much faster. Don't forget to tape any black trim bits etc.

Johnny

HokieZHP
07-03-2011, 05:57 PM
Do not underestimate the use of proper pads. Make sure you get the right pad for the right purpose. Use the right compound/polish/finishing product too.

Remember to take your time and take your car out into the sunlight to double check to make sure you get all of the haze/swirls out from before. Take your time and don't rush from one step to the next. Enlist the help of a friend to wipe off the polish as you continue polishing the rest of the car. It will make the process go much faster. Don't forget to tape any black trim bits etc.

Johnny

Since I don't know a lot about detailing products and assuming the process posted above is correct, what products would you recommend using to do this?

danewilson77
07-03-2011, 06:02 PM
The Mezerna product line is what M0nk3y started me on.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT