PDA

View Full Version : Google Ads

Marcus-SanDiego
12-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Since no one can post in the "general announcements" thread, I figured it makes sense to post something here.

I personally, so far, think the ads are fine. Nothing crazy. Most of them at least tangentially related to what we do here.

It will be interesting to see if it generates any income. I have no idea what these click ads are worth.

Anyhow, if you guys ever have a problem with the advertising, let me know.

zhpnsnv
12-08-2010, 04:21 AM
They look fine to me! One thing I hate on forums is the ad that pops up when you scroll over a specific word inadvertently. That might be a big $ maker, though.

danewilson77
12-08-2010, 04:26 AM
Yeah..me no like...but if it meant more money for the site, and more features for us...I would be down.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-08-2010, 07:00 AM
Dane, my goal is to simply recoup any dollars that I have thrown into the site. These Google ads are not huge money makers unless people click the ads and check out the products (but don't have to buy).

Meanwhile, I don't have them in places where it affects the overall experience of this site. Anything I do here, I do it with the thought that I am a regular ZHP Mafia user. I wish I could be completely ad free but I realize that it's not practical. If I must use ads, I don't have a problem with these particular ones.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-08-2010, 07:01 AM
They look fine to me! One thing I hate on forums is the ad that pops up when you scroll over a specific word inadvertently. That might be a big $ maker, though.

Yeah. I hate -- hate -- those. They're a constant source of irritation. Not sure how lucrative they are. But they sure are annoying.