07-07-2011, 03:35 AM
1. What does "serviceable" mean?

2. Where can they be serviced?

3. How is it done?

4. About how much is it?

Just askin........

Hornung418
07-07-2011, 04:30 AM
Dane, when you get the answer, please merge with the coilover thread.

RootedDROIDXstatus. Come at me, bro.

danewilson77
07-07-2011, 05:17 AM
Copy.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

MrMaico
07-08-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm not certain about car suspension but on bikes companies like Ohlins or Wilbers will rebuild their shocks which is basically just new seals, fluid and nitrogen charge. IIRC Ohlins recommended every 20,000 miles which could get expensive since again IIRC it was around $150 to $200 a shock. I'd assume servicing would be the same thing on car shocks/struts.

EDIT: Also it could include changing the valving for compression/rebound and different spring rates for different weight riders or just rider preference.

zhpnsnv
07-08-2011, 01:25 PM
It means rebuilding the shocks to keep proper damping and rebound rates. This is a must for the hardcore track crowd. Most people put on their coilovers, set 'em and forget 'em. This is fine, too, but just knowing that a suspension will eventually need a rebuild just makes me see the beauty in the stock suspension.

ASTs, for instance, are wonderful suspension setups, performance wise, but they need (or needed in past versions) pretty constant maintenance which is par for the course for that level of kit.