PDA

View Full Version : For Sale (SOLD): 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT, 106k miles, $13,800, Atlanta GA

Tucker
07-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Found this beauty on Auto Trader:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=302686036&dealer_id=66419549&car_year=2005&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2006&model=3_SERIESCLASS_SERIES&showZipError=n&pager.offset=25&search_lang=en&start_year=2002&dma=AUGUSTA&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&body_style=COUPE&search_type=both&body_code=2&first_record=26&distance=200&default_sort=priceASC&address=30809&rdm=1310086013883&marketZipError=false&sort_type=priceASC&advanced=y&make=BMW&num_records=25&seller_type=b&cardist=133&standard=false

Atlanta, GA: White/beige 6MT coupe, 105,9xx miles. Owner says he has put $2,500 into the sound system, had the rear control arm bushings replaced, and had the A/C "replaced by BMW" and he's unloading it so cheap because he has upgraded to a 335i.

pleasecorrupt
07-07-2011, 05:27 PM
for milage, its overpriced and not that "cheap" even with a $2500 sound system

Marcus-SanDiego
07-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Doesn't sound cheap to me. And, in case the owner doesn't know, you never get your mod prices back when you sell the car. That's why it always makes sense to part the car out. You're just stranding the mods when you sell the car modified.

WilC
07-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Doesn't sound cheap to me. And, in case the owner doesn't know, you never get your mod prices back when you sell the car. That's why it always makes sense to part the car out. You're just stranding the mods when you sell the car modified.
I agree , it looks in good confition concidering the milage.The owner is selling it because he bought a 335i....... Very tempting, even though I'm looking for a sedan!!!!!!!!!!!!

ecrabb
07-11-2011, 08:00 AM
Hey, Marcus... Just out of curiosity's sake, what would you think would be a fair price for this car? I'm not sure I want a 100k+ car - I haven't decided yet - but I'm just curious.

I guess seeing prices all over the place, I never know what they "should" be... Seems like they range from around $20k (plus or minus) on the high-end for a nice <50k mile car, down to $11k (plus or minus) for a 120k car. Given that, 80k-mile cars are typically in the $15k ballpark, and a car over a 100k like this one should in the 12.5-13k ballpark.

Your thoughts?

Thanks!!!
SC

danewilson77
07-11-2011, 08:31 AM
If you were to register it at the ZHP registry...

http://www.zhpregistry.net/Query.aspx

....you would have the only 2005, AW, Nat Brown, Manual, coupe registered. I would say the combo is pretty rare. Having said that......I would start off around $14,500.....and if I could be out the door for $15k, I think that deal would be in your favor.

Same result if the interior is sand.

684 total ZHP's are registered.

Tucker
07-26-2011, 04:29 AM
He dropped his price to $13,800. Could you update the thread title please? Could be a sweet deal.

danewilson77
07-26-2011, 04:42 AM
He dropped his price to $13,800. Could you update the thread title please? Could be a sweet deal.

Done. Sweet deal indeed. Rarity may offset mileage on this case a little bit.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

das boots
07-26-2011, 05:47 AM
Interested...but shipping and conducting a PPI across country would be added expense....shipping, that is. PPI is a requirement. Dunno if it is just me, I am so used to the SoCal, that I fear vehicles coming from places that are prone to rust.....also, high mileage tend to send shivers. Still trying to convince myself if this is a good buy or good-bye.

danewilson77
07-26-2011, 07:37 AM
I thought Cali was a low rust state.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Marcus-SanDiego
07-26-2011, 07:40 AM
Socal is low rust. Lawrence fears, though, cars that do come from higher-rust states (not California).

Also, I think this is a fair price. This is not a steal. Fair.

ecrabb
07-26-2011, 01:15 PM
It's not California or Arizona, but I don't think ATL is a major concern rust-wise... They do get some ice, but very little snow... If they do get any snow, or a significant bit of ice, things just kind of shut down for a day and everybody stays home.

This is in stark comparison to the area of the country I call home, where the salt, sand, magnesium chloride, etc. go down before the snow even starts falling, continues for days after, and unless it's a massive storm, everybody still gets in their cars and drives through the crap to get to work... Then, in the spring, for a month or so, the freeze-thaw cycles open up near-craters in the expansion joints in the street. Some of those potholes can destroy a tire, and possibly even a rim or suspension parts.

I'd say an Atlanta car should be almost (but not quite perhaps) as nice as a southern California car.

I need to relocate. Soon.

SC

das boots
07-26-2011, 05:48 PM
Socal is low rust. Lawrence fears, though, cars that do come from higher-rust states (not California).

Also, I think this is a fair price. This is not a steal. Fair.

Would you recommend this car? BTW, anybody here from Atlanta to go check out this car? Any good BMW shops do a PPI? I already have the sellers phone number if required. I still can't fathom the shipping though.....

Marcus-SanDiego
07-26-2011, 06:40 PM
I'd expect about $1,000 for shipping.

We have, I believe, members who live in Atlanta.

Would I recommend this car? I think this car is fair to overpriced (now that I think about it). With the shipping, it will become more overpriced. I'd wait for a different car to pop up. We see plenty of California cars here that would be a better deal.

das boots
07-27-2011, 05:46 AM
I contacted the seller. The car had been through an accident. Listed in Carfax. Hood and rear bumpers were replaced. Missing spare tire. OE sound system is missing. replaced by an aftermarket sound system. As you say, plus added shipping charges, I think this car is a good-bye. I will wait for a Cali car or some where closer....real close...like Arizona or Nevada area. Or Texas or New Mexico, Oregon and Washington. This way, I can fly and drive it back. Colorado might be iffy due to snow & rust? I can wait.....no problem. It took me 2 years to get my E30 M3 and I found it right here under my nose....well, a few blocks away. LOL. Timing is everything. See you all at SoCal Euro.

Marcus-SanDiego
07-27-2011, 07:39 AM
Good call. That car is not worth $13,800.

I bought my car from a Denver owner. No salt or rust anywhere. Could not tell that it had been in Denver. Helped that my seller was a detail freak. In perfect condition.

My guess is that you'll find a car on the west coast.

SoarinZHP
07-27-2011, 08:08 AM
I would like to add that if something doesn't feel right about the car or the deal that means it probably isn't the right deal. As we say in my industry - if it doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. If it feels awry, it probably is...

ranger
07-30-2011, 09:01 AM
New member here - I am looking for a ZHP and live in Atlanta. I am a native Georgian born in Savannah. Georgia has been growing and Atlanta is now an "international city". I would not assume that a car in Atlanta is a native to GA - it may very well have come from any part of the US.

ranger
08-06-2011, 12:31 PM
I purchased this 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6mt today. 106,000 miles. White with tan leather. Looking forward to the ZHP lifestyle!

webster
08-06-2011, 03:04 PM
nice! final selling price? get some pics up, eager to see the AW/NB up close

danewilson77
08-06-2011, 05:47 PM
I purchased this 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6mt today. 106,000 miles. White with tan leather. Looking forward to the ZHP lifestyle!

Congrats Ranger.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT