PDA

View Full Version : BMW 330 ZHP Prices -- How Much Did You Pay?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Marcus-SanDiego
12-07-2010, 02:56 PM
I'll start this off.

Purchase Location: Denver, CO
Purchase Date: August 6, 2010
Price: $18,950
Mileage at purchase: 56,700
Private party

I bought my 2005 330ci ZHP (build date of 8/2005) in August 2010. It was dang clean -- from engine to interior.

The previous owner did a great job of regularly changing the oil and other fluids. The previous owner bought the car new and paid cash (about $45,000). I was also a cash buyer, so this car has never seen a lien on its title.

The car was equipped with leather seats (natural brown), leather M steering wheel, black cube trim, and factory navigation system.

danewilson77
12-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Year: 2/2004.

Mileage: 98k miles.

Purchase date: August 2010.

Purchase Location: Arlington, VA.

Purchase Price: $17.2K

It needed work (see my maintenance page).

Alcantra seats (9/10), leather steering wheel (6/10 - re-wrapped with a wheelskinz - and I'm happy with it), no style 135's (0/10 - Threw my Enkei's on eeet), no ///M shift knob (0/10 - replaced), body (6/10 - swirls - I am in the process of paint correcting the entire car).

Needed mechanical work as well......Upper and Lower Intake Boots / Suspension / DISA / Pass door bump strip / Sunroof pull shade - Still need to replace / Pass side visor / Clean ICV / O2 Sensors.....so far....

With all that said.....I love my car. DO I wish it was in better condition when I bought it? Maybe.

kayger12
12-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Get ready for Beast coast pricing:

Purchase Location: Bavarian Select Auto, Mechanicsburg, PA
Build Date: 08/2005
Purchase Date: November 18, 2010
Price: $22,000

45,000 miles, alcantara, silver cube, leather///M steering wheel, nav, cold weather package, xenons, HK sound, spotless in and out (no dents, dings, or scratches) bottom of front bumper does need clear coat.
CPO Warranty until September 2011.

Sticker was $24,000. I definitely paid a lot, but at the end of the day it was the exact car I wanted and I was willing to take it in the shorts a little to get it.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-07-2010, 04:46 PM
This reminds me. Tell us where you bought it. Gives us some idea of what it's like in different locales.

az3579
12-07-2010, 06:13 PM
2005 330i 4dr
Built 12/2004 (CPO until end of this month)

Purchased for: $18,000

ZHP Package
Cold Weather Package
Xenons
Has a factory iPod cable and aux cable coming from head unit (iPod package?)
(how do you identify smoker's package? I think it has this)
Leather steering wheel vs. alcantara

It was in pretty good shape. Lots and lots of paint chips on the front. Came with a bra but wasn't installed when I bought it, though evidence of it being installed previously was there. This means paint that needs attention in the engine bay. Quite a few minor scratches throughout, but some paint correction should take care of that. Unusual finish on the window trim, but mechanically it was solid. It was originally sold in Virginia, and ended up in Massachusetts to the 2nd owner, who had it for only about 6 months before I bought it from him. He was a mechanic, and the car was tip top mechanically; new tires, brakes, oil change the day I picked it up. Already had a lowered suspension (H&R Race springs and H&R shocks), angel eyes, painted brake duct trim, black kidneys, HID fogs with yellow lamin-x, and came with splitters that I foolishly gave up to him in exchange for him performing the rear taillight ground fix on the spot.

Purchased in northern Massachusetts (don't remember the town), currently residing in CT.

Interior has quite a few scratches in the usual places (sunglasses holder lid cover, cup holders, trim around shift knob) and the alcantara bolsters on the driver's side was already nappy. Otherwise, the interior is excellent.

Will need VANOS rebuild kit (seals and anti-rattle rings) and cooling system overhaul very soon. Purchased with 75,9xx miles.

Mike V
12-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Year: 2005 (build date is 11/04)

Mileage: 22k miles (now has 41k)

Purchase Date: December 2009

Purchase Location: Kansas City, MO (he bought it new in St. Louis)

Purchase Price: $18,999 ($43,445 sticker)

Options are Cold Weather Pkg, Xenons, Silver Cube and Gray Leather. I wasn't too crazy about the interior color but I don't mind it too much (although I'm very jealous of Marcus' tan interior haha). It also came with a clear bra already installed.

At around 23,500 miles it already needed the VANOS fix (rattle can noise) but otherwise it has been great!

Linh
12-07-2010, 06:56 PM
2003 330i sedan
Built 2003/03
Original MRSP 42,870

Options: Xenons, moonroof, smoker's package, gray leather/black cube, Harmon Kardon w/phone and cd changer preparation.

Purchased for: $10,880 plus ttl@98k miles
Date: 11/19/10

Car been through three owners before me, but has been in Daytona, FL all it's life. The exterior is a A08 (silver gray metallic) that is overall in good shape. A couple of cracks in the paint on lower front bumper, one dent underside driver door and minor scratches here and there. Nothing a good PDR and detail can't handle. The interior is N6TT (gray leather) with carbon fiber trim, besides the scratches in usual places, its in great shape. Basically stock besides tint. I found out a older woman had own the car the past 40k miles, and it seems she traded in it because of the common problems that were coming up. Which included tensioner noises (bad bearing), rear tail light harness melted, sunroof gets off track and it needed a brake job. I've ordered complete front and rear brakes, cooling system, and new VANOS seals as well. My budget is approximately $1500 to update maintenance including the common problems: rtab's, cab's, sunroof fix. . . considering I do it myself. ;)

Mtnman
12-07-2010, 07:26 PM
02/04 zhp sedan. Grey with black interior.114k miles. 14k. Xenon, hk sys. Beyern wheels. Bought it from my brother in law who owned it since it had 30k miles on it. He put 80k on it in less than three years. Almost all highway miles. It was also CPO, so he had everything done to it religiously. Bought in raleigh, nc.

danewilson77
12-07-2010, 08:30 PM
^same production month and year FTW!

Tampa330i
12-08-2010, 11:17 AM
Year: 2004
Mileage: 69,672
Purchase Date: November 2010
Purchase Location: Tampa, FL. Miami, FL originally
Purchase Price: $13,976
Options are ZHP, xenon, carbon fiber cube, Black Sapphire Metallic/black leather, leather wrapped wheel/shift boot. Whoever bought this from the factory apparently liked black.
Carfax: http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=ECL_0&vin=WBAEV53414KM33238

Pooters
12-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Year: 2005
Mileage: 55k
Purchase Location: Houston, TX (10 hour drive from TN)
Options: Everything you can possibly get from the factory. Black on black.
Price: 18k

adb1028
12-08-2010, 04:53 PM
2003 BMW 330i Sedan w/ Performance Package
Build Date: 04/2003
Mileage: 56,016
Purchase Date: August 2010
Purchase Location: New York City
Seller: Private
Reason For Sale: Wife was pregnant and needed a bigger car, was waiting for pickup on a 2011 535i GT
Purchase Price: $11,500
Owner Generation: Im the third owner, previous owner purchased it as a CPO in March of 2006 with 28,000 miles. From the -----Carfax, it appeard the original owner lived in Boston, MA.
Extra's With Purchase: Set of 4 Bridgestone Blizzak REVO1 Tires mounted on 16" ASA Sport Wheels (200 miles on set), set of -----wheel locks and keys, Pioneer Head-Unit, New set of Nankang Sport NSII Summer Tires on 18" OEM Style 135 wheels

Options: Performance Package (ZHP), sun roof, black cube trim, leather interior, 6spd manual, Harmon Kardon Stereo

Color: Titanium Silver/Grey Leather

Condition: Paint was in So-So shape, plenty of rock chips and some dull spots in clear coat (almost looked like it was rubbed with sand paper) / steering wheel was VERY worn (M3 tri-stitch coming soon) / some punk stole the lip spoiler, but the PO replaced it with a new OEM unpainted spoiler / both front and rear bumpers were slightly misaligned and there was spider-webbing in the clear coat / interior was in PERFECT condition (only some wear on the driver's side seat bolster) / wheels were in decent shape, it had average curb damage for its age and city life / Overall, the car was in decent shape for its age, but needed some work to be perfect

Mod's At Time of Purchase: Stock

Current Condition Of Car:
Mileage: 57,600
Mod's: Black grilles, LED interior lights
Maintenance since purchase: Oil Sensor Switch, Red Line D4ATF in the Tranny, BMW Inspection II performed at Indy
Future Mod's/Maintenance: M3 Tri-Stitch Steering Wheel / Clear Corners, Sides, and Tails / 20% Tint / OEM Bi-Xenon Retrofit / LED Angel Eyes / Front and Rear bumper respray / Full 2 Stage Paint Correction at detailer / refinish the 18" ZHP wheels / VANOS rebuild in the Spring / FCAB's in the Spring / Full Brake Overhaul with dustless pads / Cooling system overhaul (when needed)

Overall, I'm very satisfied with my purchase and loving every day with it :)

zhp43867
12-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Purchase Location: Arlington, VA/Washington D.C.
Purchase Date: May 18, 2009
Price: $9500
Mileage at purchase: 114,500
Private party

Black Leather, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Xenons, H/K sound, Silver Grey A08 Exterior, Black Cube Trim, Alcantara Steering Wheel; previously CPO

I think I got a great deal. Since I bought the car, I've had the expansion tank start seeping and the valve cover gasket start leaking. I've done a bunch more maintenance (preventative) but I think the CPO combined with a fairly aggressive fluid flush interval kept my car in great shape. Only thing that really was wrong with it was the multitude of tiny little dings from being in D.C. Hardly any rock chips though.

danewilson77
12-09-2010, 04:37 AM
Purchase Location: Arlington, VA/Washington D.C.
Purchase Date: May 18, 2009
Price: $19500
Mileage at purchase: 114,500
Private party

Fix'd...I feel better now...

Washburn
12-09-2010, 09:41 AM
12.5k miles (...yeah ;) )
AW, Cold weather, Black cube, Alcantara w/ leather st. wheel, Xenons, HK
Dinan Air Box and chip.
Paid $21k
Bought near Minneapolis, MN, Private Party, Aug. 2010

Tampa330i
12-09-2010, 12:56 PM
Anyone know how to get the retail price your car originally sold for and possibly what was actually paid for your car?

Marcus-SanDiego
12-09-2010, 01:07 PM
I have the actual window sticker that came with my car. However, the buyer may have negotiated something lower. I know what the price should have been, though.

Tampa, I recommend calling BMW USA and seeing if there is any way to get the sticker price as your car was configured.

Tampa330i
12-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Cool, thanks. I was just checking around and I don't think it can be lower than $40,000, unless maybe the zhp was the only option purchased. I'm putting together a folder with everything about the car, and I'll be keeping track of every cent I spend on it. Has anyone put together a chronological checklist of what needs to be replaced approximately at what mileage?

zhp43867
12-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Fix'd...I feel better now...

Fix'd, ha you wish. :shifty

Marcus-SanDiego
12-09-2010, 01:25 PM
I recommend that you request Mike Miller's maintenance document. You can email him at: auspuf2002@aol.com

Tell him that you want the "Alternative Maintenance Schedule" document. In addition, ask him for the Battery Tender Plus and Storage FAQ.

Be sure you identify yourself with at least a first name. He's kind of quirky about people asking him for stuff without actually telling him who they are.

gr330zhp
12-09-2010, 01:56 PM
I have a 3 inch binder filled with all documents of the car. Each piece in a clear sheet protector and everything in chronological order. I have all ZHP magazine articles, including Bimmer magazine articles, and Car and Driver article, brochures from BMW as well as the original vehicle documentation from BMW (I know people) ;)

People think I'm crazy, I respond...."yeah I am" :)

Tampa330i
12-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Thanks, Marcus. I think that kind of record keeping proving the maintenance level will hold a lot of weight when trying to resell it.

jjcools
12-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Year: 2005
Mileage at purchase: 99,800
Purchase Date: November 2010
Purchase Location: Florida, FL car
Current location: Nor-Cal
Purchase Price: $13,500
Options are ZHP, xenon, Mystic blue metallic, silver cube trim, black leather, leather wrapped wheel, 6mt.

Kudos
12-09-2010, 03:01 PM
2003 BMW 330i Sedan w/ Performance Package
Build Date: 04/2003
Mileage: 56,016
Purchase Location: New York City
Seller: Private
Reason For Sale: Wife was pregnant and needed a bigger car, was waiting for pickup on a 2011 535i GT
Purchase Price: $11,500
Owner Generation: Im the third owner, previous owner purchased it as a CPO in March of 2006 with 28,000 miles. From the -----Carfax, it appeard the original owner lived in Boston, MA.
Extra's With Purchase: Set of 4 Bridgestone Blizzak REVO1 Tires mounted on 16" ASA Sport Wheels (200 miles on set), set of -----wheel locks and keys, Pioneer Head-Unit, New set of Nankang Sport NSII Summer Tires on 18" OEM Style 135 wheels

Options: Performance Package (ZHP), sun roof, black cube trim, leather interior, 6spd manual, Harmon Kardon Stereo

Color: Titanium Silver/Grey Leather

Condition: Paint was in So-So shape, plenty of rock chips and some dull spots in clear coat (almost looked like it was rubbed with sand paper) / steering wheel was VERY worn (M3 tri-stitch coming soon) / some punk stole the lip spoiler, but the PO replaced it with a new OEM unpainted spoiler / both front and rear bumpers were slightly misaligned and there was spider-webbing in the clear coat / interior was in PERFECT condition (only some wear on the driver's side seat bolster) / wheels were in decent shape, it had average curb damage for its age and city life / Overall, the car was in decent shape for its age, but needed some work to be perfect

Mod's At Time of Purchase: Stock

Current Condition Of Car:
Mileage: 57,600
Mod's: Black grilles, LED interior lights
Maintenance since purchase: Oil Sensor Switch, Red Line D4ATF in the Tranny, BMW Inspection II performed at Indy
Future Mod's/Maintenance: M3 Tri-Stitch Steering Wheel / Clear Corners, Sides, and Tails / 20% Tint / OEM Bi-Xenon Retrofit / LED Angel Eyes / Front and Rear bumper respray / Full 2 Stage Paint Correction at detailer / refinish the 18" ZHP wheels / VANOS rebuild in the Spring / FCAB's in the Spring / Full Brake Overhaul with dustless pads / Cooling system overhaul (when needed)

Overall, I'm very satisfied with my purchase and loving every day with it :)

I thought 16" wheels didn't fit our cars cause of the bigger brakes.

danewilson77
12-09-2010, 03:06 PM
I just think that was an extra the guy threw in...

Kudos
12-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Build date: 3/2004 MY 2004.
Purchase location: Chicago, IL
Purchase mileage: 74k
Private Party Purchase
Purchase date: 7/24/2010
3rd Owner
Purchase Price: 13.9k

The previous owner had it since 40k, where he had all major overhauls done with warranty. New brakes front and rear, new clutch, and coolant flush all done around 47k. I have since replaced throwout bearing, (trans still making some noise at idle, probably flywheel issue), no need to do anything except for replacing tires, regular maintenence since previous owner was not a "fanatic" and thermostat is sticking.

In the works will be a valve cover job in the spring along with vanos rebuild, coolant flush and pipes and pump replacement, fuel filter, and rear window seal replacement.(side note, has someone notices every bmw i've been in has the rear window seals give and make noise over bumps.) Minor scratches in paint which will be fixed in spring and swirls removed. Dr. Paint chip is super awesome since these cars are made to be highway queens and rock chips are inevitable. Keeping the chrome kidneys and everything stock. Currently car has 80.5k miles.

3ZHPGUY
12-09-2010, 05:30 PM
2003 Imola Red
Looks like I'm the longest owner at this point
It will be 4 years the day before Christmas, and it's received TLC for all of it's life
2nd owner
Production Date: 2003/07
Retail Date: 11/13/2003
Purchase date 12/23/2006
Mileage: 28,090.4
$29.495.00 @1.5% financing
GANLEY BMW
Middleburg Heights, OH 44130 "Cleveland"

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss351/3zhpguy/ZHP/Sticker_Page_1.jpg
http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss351/3zhpguy/ZHP/Sticker_Page_2.jpg

Dealer pick

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss351/3zhpguy/Dealer%20Shots/B2989P.jpg

11-2010

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss351/3zhpguy/ZHP/IMG_5805.jpg

Marcus-SanDiego
12-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Imola red. Best color ever.

gr330zhp
12-09-2010, 06:03 PM
2003 Imola Red
Looks like I'm the longest owner at this point
It will be 4 years the day before Christmas, and it's received TLC for all of it's life
2nd owner
Production Date: 2003/07
Retail Date: 11/13/2003
Purchase date 12/23/2006
Mileage: 28,090.4
$27.000.00 @1.5% financing
GANLEY BMW
Middleburg Heights, OH 44130 "Cleveland"

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss351/3zhpguy/ZHP/Sticker_Page_1.jpg
http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss351/3zhpguy/ZHP/Sticker_Page_2.jpg

Dealer pick

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss351/3zhpguy/Dealer%20Shots/B2989P.jpg

11-2010

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss351/3zhpguy/ZHP/IMG_5805.jpg

Sigh and I thought it as going to be me :(

3ZHPGUY
12-09-2010, 06:43 PM
I have a 3 inch binder filled with all documents of the car. Each piece in a clear sheet protector and everything in chronological order. I have all ZHP magazine articles, including Bimmer magazine articles, and Car and Driver article, brochures from BMW as well as the original vehicle documentation from BMW (I know people) ;)

People think I'm crazy, I respond...."yeah I am" :)

It must be the color or something,

I have quite a bit of that stuff too. I also keep a log of everything including every tank of gas since I picked the car up. The gas log includes current mileage, trip mileage, reset every fill, gallons to three places xx.xxx, date and brand. I only burn Shell Vpower, unless I'm out of town and can't find it.

zhpnsnv
12-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Build date: late '04, 2005 model year sedan
Purchase location: Detroit
Purchase mileage: 30k
Private Party Purchase
Purchase date: 9/2009
Price: 21k

I/R, Alcantara, Cold weather, Leather M wheel. Car came with the VANOS replaced and all major service done and documented, plus winter wheels/tires and the CPO warranty still remaining (remember this is NOT the maintenance agreement).

Can't remember everything I've done in the 30k I've driven it - all of the required maint. and then some. Started on the cooling system at inspection II with a water pump. I've had the DME reflashed for the 4k dip, and the Xenon light leveling has been a PITA on this car. All is well now. Oh, rear shock mounts went so I did those + rear shocks already.

adb1028
12-10-2010, 04:44 PM
I thought 16" wheels didn't fit our cars cause of the bigger brakes.

I just think that was an extra the guy threw in...

Yes they fit, they are on right now. I believe they are one of the only 16" wheels that fit the 330i.
All I can say is that I CANT wait until I can put the 135's back on. Right now it feels like I'm riding on pillows.

135's go in for paint next week. They'll be nice and fresh for next Spring!

pyreguy
12-10-2010, 05:13 PM
UGH I am not looking forward to going through this when I get mine powedercoated. I got some loaners lined up that should fit. Actually, I suppose I should make sure before I make final plans! haha it would suck to line everything up and the wheels I borrowed don't fit. God I would feel like an ass. :facepalm

Alphatek45
12-11-2010, 05:48 AM
Purchase Location: Alpharetta,GA
Production Date 09/2004
Purchase Date:10/04/2010
Price: $15,250
Mileage at purchase: 88,300
Private party

One previous owner. Clean carfax. Did nothing but garage it, wash it and take it to work. Went to dealership for everything. Needs Tires. Plenty of front end rock chips (to be fixed this spring). All wheels had curb rash (all perfect now) Flawless Interior. All options but Navi/cold/Xenon.
Orient Blue Metallic / Sand Leather. MSRP = $42,220

PKR
12-12-2010, 07:42 AM
Purchased: October, 2010 in New Mexico (AZ car originally; built 9/03)
2004 ZHP; silver gray/gray, 6MT, Xenons, aux.in.
Cosmetically, very clean; needed a few minor maintenance items.
Paid $13,400

Marcus-SanDiego
12-12-2010, 07:45 AM
PKR, what was the mileage on your car when you bought it?

pyreguy
12-12-2010, 08:33 AM
Purchased: November, 2010 in Memphis (awesome drive home!)
2004 ZHP; jet black/black alcantara/black cubes, 6MT, CWP, Xenons, Angel Eyes
Meticulously maintained weekend car that the PO took out on his days off when it was pretty. Have all the maintenance records from the dealer over the last 6 years, and the original window sticker.
Odometer read 49,247
Paid $17,500

onepercent
12-14-2010, 11:49 AM
Purchase Location: Northern Suburbs of Philadelphia
Purchase Date: August 2009
Price: $15,900
Mileage at purchase: 68,900
Mazda dealer

Included an extra set of wheels and snow tires. 8 brand new tires total.

TiAg exterior, Black cube trim, 6MT, Xenon, black leather seats.

danewilson77
12-14-2010, 04:16 PM
^great price bro. I think this was an ideal "deal" for you and the seller.

PKR
12-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Sorry ... 61k at purchase

onepercent
12-14-2010, 07:56 PM
^great price bro. I think this was an ideal "deal" for you and the seller.

Thanks Dane! I was thrilled to get it at that price. My impression was that the Mazda dealer didn't realize the significance of the ZHP package. God bless 'em! Also, I did the negotiation by email, may have helped. Surprising that they didn't try to call me and squeeze a few more bucks out.

I remain perplexed as to what the heck a used ZHP was doing on a Mazda lot.

az3579
12-15-2010, 05:00 AM
I remain perplexed as to what the heck a used ZHP was doing on a Mazda lot.

Probably the same reason the dealer didn't know what it was. The PO probably couldn't have cared less what it was and decided to jump for that new Mazda Whatcha-ma-call-it.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-15-2010, 07:25 AM
That's true. At first I was surprised by the number of people who don't know what they own. Now I am not. Lots of private dealers out there sell these ZHPs without adding a premium for the package. They take them in on trade in and have no idea what they're selling. That likely means that the previous owner didn't know what they had either, since the dealer isn't going to -- usually -- sell a car at a loss.

If I had it to do all over again, I would have paid a lot more attention to private-dealer sales. Seems like a great place to pick up a gem at the right price (assuming dealer doesn't know what it has).

nk_zhp
12-28-2010, 10:33 AM
'04 IR/Blk
Purchased on 02/2010 with 41K miles, price $18,900

Jon D
12-28-2010, 01:03 PM
Never did add my data

Purchased From Chicago
Purchase date 3/2009
04 330 ZHP Cic w/ leather, cold package, HK, park sensor etc
Mileage at Purchase 22,000
Purchase price $20,000
Private party

Alphatek45
12-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Hey Jon, That a 6MT? great mileage btw!

Jon D
12-28-2010, 11:41 PM
Hey Jon, That a 6MT? great mileage btw!

No it's a steptronic. Which for where we live and given it's a daily driver is better for me. I know I give up a little performance but all in I'm happy.

az3579
12-29-2010, 05:21 AM
Methinks we should sticky this thread.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-29-2010, 08:24 AM
Methinks we should sticky this thread.

Agree. Done.

04ZHP_PDX
12-29-2010, 07:32 PM
I'll start this off.

Purchase Location: Portland, OR
Purchase Date: December 24th, 2010
Price: $16,500
Mileage at purchase: 80,000
Silbergrau Metallic/Alcantara
Private party
Build date of 4/04

The car was equipped with alcantara M steering wheel, black cf trim, 6-speed, AA supercharger and Angel Eyes. Pushing 281 rwhp and 242 ft-lbs.

danewilson77
12-30-2010, 02:40 PM
So......

(Me jealous)

shadowpuck
12-30-2010, 03:25 PM
That's true. At first I was surprised by the number of people who don't know what they own. Now I am not. Lots of private dealers out there sell these ZHPs without adding a premium for the package. They take them in on trade in and have no idea what they're selling. That likely means that the previous owner didn't know what they had either, since the dealer isn't going to -- usually -- sell a car at a loss.

If I had it to do all over again, I would have paid a lot more attention to private-dealer sales. Seems like a great place to pick up a gem at the right price (assuming dealer doesn't know what it has).

there was also a period in time where the books (KBB, etc.) had it wrong as well. a ZSP car was worth more, according to the books, than a ZHP model....

i've run across numerous listings (usually at dealers, and not always non-BMW ones at that) which will list the car as a sport package, or as having the "M3 package."

sorry that was a bit off-topic, but something i always found interesting......

johnrando
01-05-2011, 08:40 PM
I was pretty pumped at the deal I got in May '09 for my CPO '06 ZHP CiC w/Cold Weather Package (with a CARFAX) in SoCal, around 42K miles. Best price around town for a CPO non ZHP was just under $28K and it was tough to get the dealer down to that. I was going to buy it, but the next day I found mine at $24,500K, about 60 miles away at a BMW dealer! Couldn't believe it. Since they were a BMW dealer I'm sure they knew what they had. It was such a good price, I had to ask the salesman why. He said that this was a corporate owned dealer, one of many, and the corporate policy was to not keep cars on the lot for more than a certain amount of time, so when that time came, they'd drop the price to their bottom line and it usually sold in a day or two, if that long. I think the semi-remote location of the dealer where the housing market was still hurting probably kept the car on the lot longer than normal too.

jsachs71
01-05-2011, 08:53 PM
2004 Imolarot 6 speed. Purchased in Atlanta for $17,800; driven to Orlando. 58,000 miles. April 2010. (HA! Just found the bill of sale--was 800 less than I thought... fixed now; 17.8!)

danewilson77
01-06-2011, 05:40 AM
I was pretty pumped at the deal I got in May '09 for my CPO '06 ZHP CiC w/Cold Weather Package (with a CARFAX) in SoCal, around 42K miles. Best price around town for a CPO non ZHP was just under $28K and it was tough to get the dealer down to that. I was going to buy it, but the next day I found mine at $24,500K, about 60 miles away at a BMW dealer! Couldn't believe it. Since they were a BMW dealer I'm sure they knew what they had. It was such a good price, I had to ask the salesman why. He said that this was a corporate owned dealer, one of many, and the corporate policy was to not keep cars on the lot for more than a certain amount of time, so when that time came, they'd drop the price to their bottom line and it usually sold in a day or two, if that long. I think the semi-remote location of the dealer where the housing market was still hurting probably kept the car on the lot longer than normal too.

I disagree with you a lil that $24.5k is a good price....

Read further about semi-remote location which may make your case a lil stronger.

Marcus-SanDiego
01-06-2011, 07:23 AM
I disagree with you a lil that $24.5k is a good price....

Read further about semi-remote location which may make your case a lil stronger.

But when he bought the car it was only a 3-year-old car, still under regular warranty. Also, he bought that car 20 months ago. Finally, it's a convertible. I think $24,500 is in the ballpark of a decent deal.

But I hear you. You said you only disagree a "lil." You're thinking it should have been closer to $22K?

danewilson77
01-06-2011, 08:43 AM
Yeah.........thats more of what I was thinking.......maybe even 20k-22k..........idk...

These cars typically depreciate by about 50% in five years.....assuming they are perfect.....and also dependant on geographic location as peviously discussed.

Marcus-SanDiego
01-06-2011, 08:46 AM
I would suspect that the convertible was about $47K in 2006 (and probably more). After three years, it was bought for $24.5K. That's not bad -- if you assume that it should be worth half after five years.

only1waqas
01-06-2011, 10:33 AM
I might be thinking about selling my ZHP, how much should i be asking?

2003 ZHP Sedan
Silver/With Black Alcantra Interior
Xenon Pkg
Premium Pkg
6 Speed
No Sunroof
Miles: 30K (Yes 30K Miles) Original. I bought the car from Original owner with 7K miles.
Upgrades: Umnitza V2, All clears around Tailights, Sides, and front corners, and tint..Dice Silverline Ipod as well.

Whats a fair price to ask?

Marcus-SanDiego
01-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Will, you're going to get a good price for it. You're close enough to the Bay Area that you'll get interest -- and inflation -- from that area.

More importantly, that mileage is going to be worth a premium. Similarly, silver is a popular and easy color to sell.

On the negative side, it's a 2003. First year of the ZHP. Someone will discount it because of that.

If I was looking for a ZHP, I'd be willing to pay $20K-$21K for that car.

only1waqas
01-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Will, you're going to get a good price for it. You're close enough to the Bay Area that you'll get interest -- and inflation -- from that area.

More importantly, that mileage is going to be worth a premium. Similarly, silver is a popular and easy color to sell.

On the negative side, it's a 2003. First year of the ZHP. Someone will discount it because of that.

If I was looking for a ZHP, I'd be willing to pay $20K-$21K for that car.

Thanks Marcus, I am contemplating of not selling it. I love the car..i have owned many good cars, but there is nothing like this.

i wanted to get an idea as to what i can get for it, paid freaking premium when i bought the car.

Marcus-SanDiego
01-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Of course, that's just my opinion. Only the market knows for sure what that's worth.

I'm told that you will regret it if you sell it. :mafia

Seriously, I have seen so many people say they regret selling their ZHP.

pyreguy
01-06-2011, 02:38 PM
What does TIAG mean? Like I know its silver, but how?

Alphatek45
01-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Ag is the chemical symbol for silver
Ti is the chemical symbol for titanium

Kudos
01-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Will, your not playing the game right. Just curious what did you pay for it with 7k miles on it? I do know that the previous owner purchased my car with 40k miles at 21k in Wisconsin. This was 3 years ago.

pyreguy
01-06-2011, 03:20 PM
Ag is the chemical symbol for silver
Ti is the chemical symbol for titanium

Thank you!

danewilson77
01-06-2011, 04:10 PM

danewilson77
01-06-2011, 04:13 PM
What does TIAG mean? Like I know its silver, but how?

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/nicee46/Funny/periodictable.gif

kayger12
01-06-2011, 04:47 PM
http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/nicee46/Funny/periodictable.gif

This way they can know the atomic weight of the color as well ;)

Marcus-SanDiego
01-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Very, very nice.

only1waqas
01-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Will, your not playing the game right. Just curious what did you pay for it with 7k miles on it? I do know that the previous owner purchased my car with 40k miles at 21k in Wisconsin. This was 3 years ago.

Paid 22K with 7K miles.

az3579
01-06-2011, 08:04 PM
I have to agree with Dane on the $24.5k price. That seems steep to me, even at Beast Coast prices. The most I would've paid for it would have been $21k. Absolute tops, and only if the car is MINT.

Marcus-SanDiego
01-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Was it too high two years ago? When the car was only three years old? I think that was a fair price then.

Maybe I'm just a bit out of touch. Ignore me. :biggrin

Linh
01-06-2011, 08:21 PM
And 24k does sounds like premium price now for a zhp vert, but at the time, doesn't sound to far off.

18k-ish for the TiAg imo. I wouldn't sell it if I didn't have to though.

johnrando
01-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Back then $24K was a great price, especially for a mint vert, not a scratch on it. As I said in the original post, I couldn't find a low mileage CPO for under $28K, and those weren't ZHPs. I looked on cars.com, bmwusa.com, autotrader.com, LA Times classifieds, put my setting to within 100 miles of LA (I live only 7 miles from downtown LA). I also went to 3 different BMW Dealers and asked them to look, and none of them came up with anything. I happened upon this one by chance looking in the LA Times classifieds one last time before I purchased. John

only1waqas
01-07-2011, 12:01 AM
Back then $24K was a great price, especially for a mint vert, not a scratch on it. As I said in the original post, I couldn't find a low mileage CPO for under $28K, and those weren't ZHPs. I looked on cars.com, bmwusa.com, autotrader.com, LA Times classifieds, put my setting to within 100 miles of LA (I live only 7 miles from downtown LA). I also went to 3 different BMW Dealers and asked them to look, and none of them came up with anything. I happened upon this one by chance looking in the LA Times classifieds one last time before I purchased. John

i love your vert, is it 6 speed?

johnrando
01-07-2011, 06:43 AM
Thanks! It's not. I love driving stick, but the LA traffic, along with my wife occasionally driving it, I opted for auto (step). Not to mention, at the time I couldn't really find a stick, but I wouldn't have bought it anyway, so it's just as well, that would have been torture finding a 6 speed an having to walking away from it. I've got a 1980 Triumph TR8 to get my stick kicks out on. John

az3579
01-08-2011, 10:39 AM
WTF? I must have misseda coupleof pages of posts because my last post regarding the vertat 24k was aimed at a recent sale. Low 20's for a three-year-old zhp is a steal!

aidan530
01-11-2011, 04:17 AM
Purchased 9/09 $16k
52k miles
Build 3/03
Silver grey with leather
6mt
Got 4 new tires with it also. :hi

ZHP-FTW
01-21-2011, 01:12 AM
1/07/2009
Bought at BMW Northwest Stealership
2004 AW ZHP
55k miles, super clean, black powdered coated style 135, Oem navi, Bi-Xenon, Natural brown leather, silvercube, Alcantara, 20% tints, HK sound, 6MT.
Paid a little more than I hoped to, but it had everything I was looking for... $22,000

Marcus-SanDiego
01-21-2011, 07:09 AM
1/07/2009
Bought at BMW Northwest Stealership
2004 AW ZHP
55k miles, super clean, black powdered coated style 135, Oem navi, Bi-Xenon, Natural brown leather, silvercube, Alcantara, 20% tints, HK sound, 6MT.
Paid a little more than I hoped to, but it had everything I was looking for... $22,000

Great car, pal. I have the natural brown interior. It gets a lot of compliments.

ZHP-FTW
01-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Great car, pal. I have the natural brown interior. It gets a lot of compliments.

Yeah it's nice. From what I gather AW with natural brown leather is one of the more rare combinations. I like it though.

Marcus-SanDiego
01-21-2011, 12:26 PM
There are four people in the ZHP registry with AW with NB. I am surprised there are that many. I thought you'd be the only one.

There are eight people in the registry with imola red and NB. Also surprised by that.

kayger12
01-21-2011, 03:15 PM
If you drill down one more level, the rarity really starts to show: 3 of my Sparkling Graphite w/Alcantara-- but only one is a 6MT...

Probably similar if you drill down on your cars. Even if you extrapolate out to 4,000 or so ZHPs, they are damn rare in these combinations...

Marcus-SanDiego
01-21-2011, 04:48 PM
If you drill down one more level, the rarity really starts to show: 3 of my Sparkling Graphite w/Alcantara-- but only one is a 6MT...

Probably similar if you drill down on your cars. Even if you extrapolate out to 4,000 or so ZHPs, they are damn rare in these combinations...

Definitely. I am the only one with my combo when one factors in color, number of doors, interior, and tranny type.

danewilson77
01-21-2011, 04:56 PM
I am the only one that has my car when you factor in the DDMTuning front license plate bracket and custom trim.

Actually though....employing the filter...I was surprised there are only 6, 2004, Sedan, Imola, Alcantara ZHP's in the registry. Prolly coupes...idk

Johnmadd
01-21-2011, 05:40 PM
I got mine for 12,000$, and paid cash:pimp, no car payment is the way to go. 99,500 when I got it 2 months ago, 101,000 passed today. That first week I put about 800 miles on though.

Johnmadd
01-21-2011, 05:44 PM
I'm new here but this thread should not be in the classified section.

danewilson77
01-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Yeah...you're prolly right John....moving over to general zhp section.

danewilson77
01-21-2011, 05:48 PM
I got mine for 17,000$, and paid cash:pimp, no car payment is the way to go. 99,500 when I got it 2 months ago, 101,000 passed today. That first week I put about 800 miles on though.

Fixed. I feel much better now...lol

HaloArchive
01-25-2011, 07:17 PM
Purchased From: Washington
Purchase Date: 01/2011
Model: 2004.5 330Ci ZHP w/ 6SP - Jet Black - Imola Red M3 Interior
Mileage at Purchase: 62,000
Purchase Price: $12,000
Method: Private party

Marcus-SanDiego
01-25-2011, 08:00 PM
@HaloArchive, that's a great deal. Nice.

danewilson77
01-26-2011, 03:20 AM
Purchased From: Washington
Purchase Date: 01/2011
Model: 2004.5 330Ci ZHP w/ 6SP - Jet Black - Imola Red M3 Interior
Mileage at Purchase: 62,000
Purchase Price: $12,000
Method: Private party

Imola red interior.......with black exterior? Schweet!

As Marky noted.....nice price.

DESANT
01-27-2011, 08:51 AM
Purchased From: Edmonton
Purchase Date: December 2010
Model: 2006 330Ci Convertible ZHP w/ Step - Jet Black - Black Leather Interior
Mileage at Purchase: 40,000
Purchase Price: $21,000
Method: Hyundai dealership, trade in from California

RITmusic2k
01-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Hey all! Another newbie here. Might as well start off in this post.

Purchased From: Sterling BMW - Newport Beach, CA
Purchase Date: 1/14/11
Model: 2004 330i ZHP 6sp manual - Jet Black - Black Leather Interior
Mileage at Purchase: 77,800
Purchase Price: $14,750
Method: Straight purchase.

As per my build sheet:
Built 11/15/2003
Moonroof, smoker's package, memory sport seats, rain sensing wipers, xenons, auto climate control, business CD, Harman Kardon stereo (with glovebox aux. in), alcantara wheel, silver cube trim, anthracite headliner, hot climate package, battery in trunk, extra gorgeous.

kayger12
01-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Welcome. Feel free to post up some pics and intro in the new members thread.

RITmusic2k
01-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Will do! Meanwhile, I have a nice lengthy post over at bimmerforums - http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1588915

kayger12
01-27-2011, 02:16 PM
Will do! Meanwhile, I have a nice lengthy post over at bimmerforums - http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1588915

Lol-- knew that screen name looked familiar.

RITmusic2k
01-27-2011, 05:37 PM
Yep, showin' up in all places at once. Dane pointed me to this forum.

danewilson77
01-27-2011, 05:40 PM

I iz da recuiter..

kayger12
01-27-2011, 06:01 PM

Yep-- he got me over here as well.

kayger12
01-27-2011, 06:02 PM
I iz da recuiter..

And a damn good recruiter you are, DW.

MisterMotorist
01-29-2011, 08:29 PM
2004 330Ci
Purchase Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Purchase Date:January 29, 2011
Price: $16,600
Mileage at purchase: 61,415
Freeman Toyota
Silver, Alcantra, black cube, steptronic
Traded in on a new Toyota!

danewilson77
01-29-2011, 08:32 PM

Does....not....compute.

MisterMotorist
01-29-2011, 08:35 PM
@Dane -

You mean that trading a ZHP in on a new toyota does not compute? I would certainly agree with that!

danewilson77
01-29-2011, 08:36 PM
@Dane -

You mean that trading a ZHP in on a new toyota does not compute? I would certainly agree with that!

Yes....

Johnmadd
01-29-2011, 08:40 PM
2004 330Ci
Purchase Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Purchase Date:January 29, 2011
Price: $16,600
Mileage at purchase: 61,415
Freeman Toyota
Silver, Alcantra, black cube, steptronic

Salesman seen a sucker a mile away. I took someone to a new car dealer and as soon as a I got out of the zhp they asked me if I was looking to trade my car in, I said hell no.

gr330zhp
01-29-2011, 09:10 PM
Yeah its funny when going to certain dealers...

I parked at a Toyota/Lexus dealer to check out an X5 they had. Parked next to a new IS350, to walk over to the X5 across the lot, 2 salesmen came running out to see if I wanted to check out the IS. I chuckled. Yes quite arrogant of me, but eh whatever lol. I guess its the BMW owner in me :shifty

Johnmadd
01-29-2011, 09:15 PM
Nothing arrogant, you just know your ride is phat.

gr330zhp
01-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Nothing arrogant, you just know your ride is phat.

Haha yeap. I prefer it over an overpriced Camry that has a new recall every month :rofl

Johnmadd
01-29-2011, 09:36 PM
Haha yeap. I prefer it over an overpriced Camry that has a new recall every month :roflYou don’t like camry's without brakes???

az3579
01-30-2011, 06:20 AM
Does....not....compute.

Recalculating...

JohnnyGraphic
01-30-2011, 09:17 AM
Ordered from the Fatherland:
Build Date: May 2004
Production Code: 3835686
Dealership: Weatherford BMW
Delivery Date: 6/19/2004
Mileage: 6
Price: $43,901
6 Speed Manual Transmission
Color: Imola Red over Black Leather. Black Cube trim
Options: Cold Weather Package (Heated seats, fold down rear seats, headlight washers), Zenons, Navigation, BMW Assist and Sunroof.
Upgrades: BMW Aux input, Clear front corners, side markers, UUC Clutch Stop, UUC Short Shift kit, UUC Double Shear selector rod, tranny mounts-black, tint, 3.46 differential.
Currently at 80,057 miles

Johnny

danewilson77
01-30-2011, 10:08 AM
^Sounds like a weiner there...

SC4ME
01-30-2011, 03:53 PM
Mileage: 40,000
Purchase Date: Aug 2007
Purchase Location: San Mateo, CA
Purchase Price: $27,000
Options are ZHP, xenon, Silver cube, Black leather, CWP.

Bought CPO from dealer with warranty until Aug 2010 or 100,000 mi

khouseal
02-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Year 2006
Mileage 68,000
Purchase Date Nov 2010
Purchase Location Tempe, AZ
Purchase Price $22,000, MSRP was 48,900 I believe.
ALL options except Cold Pkg. (2nd owner / Arizona car)
Paid a little more from Specialty Dealer, car is beyond excellent. Was shopping a Cayman or 911. Happy with my choice.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-04-2011, 01:50 PM
Khouseal, nice car.

danewilson77
02-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Year 2006
Mileage 68,000
Purchase Date Nov 2010
Purchase Location Tempe, AZ
Purchase Price $22,000, MSRP was 48,900 I believe.
ALL options except Cold Pkg. (2nd owner / Arizona car)
Paid a little more from Specialty Dealer, car is beyond excellent. Was shopping a Cayman or 911. Happy with my choice.

Thats saying something if you passed on a 911 for a zhp.

car is :drool

roddykar
02-06-2011, 05:37 PM
2004 330Ci ZHP
Sapphire Metallic Black

Original Miles: 72,000
Date Purchased: December 2008
Price: $13,500
Where: San Diego, Ca
Dealer: Platinum Motors

Options: Alcantara wheel + boot, Black interior, Hill descent control, Harmon Kardon, Adaptive headlights, Black cube trim

They also werent aware (at time of purchase) that the car came with 100,000 mile warranty from BMW: Extended Warranty + Maintenance Package. Have babied the car forever. previous owner had a bunch of freeway miles. Love my car. Great forum

danewilson77
02-06-2011, 06:08 PM
2004 330Ci ZHP
Sapphire Metallic Black

Options: Alcantara wheel + boot, Black interior, Hill descent control, Harmon Kardon, Adaptive headlights, Black cube trim

They also werent aware (at time of purchase) that the car came with 100,000 mile warranty from BMW: Extended Warranty + Maintenance Package. Have babied the car forever. previous owner had a bunch of freeway miles. Love my car. Great forum

:drool

Marcus-SanDiego
02-06-2011, 06:09 PM
2004 330Ci ZHP
Sapphire Metallic Black

Great pick up, Roddy.

Mtnman
02-07-2011, 05:09 PM
That might be the best price for the car I've seen to date.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

gr330zhp
02-08-2011, 07:09 PM
I am embarassed to post what I payed after seeing how low some of you guys picked up your cars for! Awesome finds guys!

Marcus-SanDiego
02-08-2011, 07:12 PM
You know how it goes. Some of us paid more, some less. I paid nearly $19K last summer.

kayger12
02-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Yeah, I'm with you on the high end at $22K.

gr330zhp
02-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Yeah very true. I did buy mine almost 3 years ago though as well

L0veZHP
02-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Purchase Location: New Jersey (close to NYC)
Purchase Date: November 23, 2010
Price: $10,500
Mileage at purchase: 83,643

perfect condition. everything stock. (the rims are kind of scratched up, and the speakers don't sound to well)

btw: I purchased it at a "Dealers auction" the original Dealers were from "Open-Road" they were asking $15k

Marcus-SanDiego
02-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Great deal, Love.

Mtnman
02-09-2011, 12:28 PM
wow. good price. lets see those pics soon to show us what you got for 10.5~~!

L0veZHP
02-09-2011, 09:17 PM
$10.5k when i first purchased it
http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/L0veZHP/2010-11-10_12-59-54_974.jpg

danewilson77
02-09-2011, 09:19 PM
$10.5k when i first purchased it

I H8 u....

L0veZHP
02-09-2011, 09:24 PM
I H8 u....

she's a beut. Isnt she.

danewilson77
02-09-2011, 09:31 PM
she's a beut. Isnt she.

Yes....rather sezzy in fact.

gr330zhp
02-10-2011, 12:22 PM
Dammnnn LOveZHP, you're killing us!

What a steal!

AzkotikBMW
02-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Hey everyone,
I've been trolling these forums for a while....well since I decided that I was going to purchase a ZHP. I started looking around October of last year and I have finally found it. If anyone of you pay close attention to the e46fanatics.com forums, you'll remember the user "john36" selling his 2005 330ci ZHP. I am FINALLY going to pick this car up on sunday!! I am soooooo excited to get this car I can hardly stand it. So here it is!!

Year: Mid-year 2005 (not sure exactly what month)
Model: 330ci
Exterior: Jet Black
Interior: Black Leather
Transmission:Manual
Milage: 96,000

The original listing can be found here (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=796512&highlight=zhp). I was searching and searching for months to find exactly the car I wanted and I came across his add that was about 3 months old. I text him and he told me that it was off the market but still for sale if the price was right. Since the time of the posting he has added brand new TeinSS coilovers and all 4 brand new tires. I couldn't have asked for a better deal. What do you guys think?

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss108/mymbonline18/john.jpg

az3579
02-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Gorgeous. One of the few cars I dig the nearly-murdered-out look on. Sweet buy!

Marcus-SanDiego
02-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Azkotik, it looks great. Be sure to introduce yourself in the new members forum.

Welcome.

danewilson77
02-10-2011, 04:57 PM
Hey everyone,
I've been trolling these forums for a while....well since I decided that I was going to purchase a ZHP. I started looking around October of last year and I have finally found it. If anyone of you pay close attention to the e46fanatics.com forums, you'll remember the user "john36" selling his 2005 330ci ZHP. I am FINALLY going to pick this car up on sunday!! I am soooooo excited to get this car I can hardly stand it. So here it is!!

Year: Mid-year 2005 (not sure exactly what month)
Model: 330ci
Exterior: Jet Black
Interior: Black Leather
Transmission:Manual
Milage: 96,000

The original listing can be found here (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=796512&highlight=zhp). I was searching and searching for months to find exactly the car I wanted and I came across his add that was about 3 months old. I text him and he told me that it was off the market but still for sale if the price was right. Since the time of the posting he has added brand new TeinSS coilovers and all 4 brand new tires. I couldn't have asked for a better deal. What do you guys think?

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss108/mymbonline18/john.jpg

Looks dreamy and delicious. Make sure you hit up the intro thread when you get a chance. Great to have you as part of the Mafia....and congrats!!!!

AzkotikBMW
02-10-2011, 05:08 PM

I'm new to the lingo....can you explain what "nearly-murdered out" means?
If I am thinking correctly about what you mean, the first thing I want to change is the rims, to either CSL's or the original style 135's that give it the true ZHP look.

danewilson77
02-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Murdered out = a car that is entirely black....

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/nicee46/Other%20cars/turbo-1.jpg

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/nicee46/Other%20cars/2-14.jpg

kayger12
02-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Welcome. Great job being patient and waiting on the right car.

Best of luck with her.

AzkotikBMW
02-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Thanks guys!! I already have a few things in mind that I want to change though :P

L0veZHP
02-10-2011, 06:32 PM
:cheers[/QUOTE]

JohnnyGraphic
02-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Murdered out = a car that is entirely black....

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/nicee46/Other%20cars/turbo-1.jpg

Sure the Porsche is nice. But that Corsair really caught my eye! It is perhaps the most beautiful airplane on the planet IMHO. Ever since I was a kid, I just fell in love with those gullwings.

kayger12
02-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Sure the Porsche is nice. But that Corsair really caught my eye! It is perhaps the most beautiful airplane on the planet IMHO. Ever since I was a kid, I just fell in love with those gullwings.

+1000 on the Corsair

JohnnyGraphic
02-10-2011, 07:20 PM
If I am thinking correctly about what you mean, the first thing I want to change is the rims, to either CSL's or the original style 135's that give it the true ZHP look.

The wheels you have on there are probably the best looking aftermarket ones I've seen. I always dig BBS wheels on a BMW. If you going to do anything, I would either 'restore' it and go back to original OEM 135's or to a functionally lighter BBS wheel.

Just my 2 cents.

But I think it looks great just the way it is. If you DO sell the wheels you have on there now, how much??? LOL!

Johnny

E1022
02-13-2011, 12:03 PM
2006 BMW 330CI ZHP
Imola Red
Purchase Location: Philadelphia, PA
Purchase Date: January, 2011
Price: $18,990
Mileage at purchase: 58,000

This is the second 3 series that I have owned and FIRST ZHP! I will post pics this week.

danewilson77
02-13-2011, 12:33 PM
2006 BMW 330CI ZHP
Imola Red
Purchase Location: Philadelphia, PA
Purchase Date: January, 2011
Price: $18,990
Mileage at purchase: 58,000

This is the second 3 series that I have owned and FIRST ZHP! I will post pics this week.

Nice pickup!!!

E1022
02-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Thanks! Looked everywhere for a ZHP Coupe when I found this one and immediately fell in love with the Imola Red!

MrMaico
02-13-2011, 02:12 PM
Some great looking ZHPs here and some awesome deals too! Prices have definitely come down some even in the 18 months I've had mine.

2004 ZHP coupe
Imola Red/Black Leather
Purchased 09/09 for $18,000 in Las Vegas with 70,000 miles
ZCP, Alcantara wheel and boots, Black Cube, Adaptive Xenons

Someone mentioned Hill Descent Control on their car.......didn't know that was an option? Not that I'd need it living in North Dakota though.:biggrin

Barry

http://mrmaico.smugmug.com/Cars/BMW-333Ci/IMG0145/688428701_5kaEL-XL.jpg

danewilson77
02-13-2011, 03:36 PM
I think we all have hill decent....don't we?

MrMaico
02-13-2011, 04:32 PM
I think we all have hill decent....don't we?

Hill descent control is something you would find in the X5 or X3 to assist in going down hills....

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/insights/technology/technology_guide/articles/hill_descent_control.html?content_type=index&source=/com/en/insights/technology/technology_guide/articles/electromechanical_parking_brake.html&article=hill_descent_control

Actually though I was thinking of Hill Hold Control which holds your brakes on a hill in a manual so you don't roll backwards while going from the brake to gas pedal from a stop.

http://www.bosch-escential.com/us/language1/hill_hold_control.html

It looks like it's part of this feature on BMW's....

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/insights/technology/technology_guide/articles/electromechanical_parking_brake.html?source=index&article=electromechanical_parking_brake

danewilson77
02-13-2011, 05:38 PM
Hill descent is a cruise control feature that controls your speed, while in cruise...going downhill. Of course when talking about E46.

gr330zhp
02-14-2011, 09:55 AM
Hill Descent Control was only available on Xi E46s. It is a control that you use to help go down steep, slippery hills. The car crawls down. It worked incredibly well on our X5! It was not available on the ZHP or any other RWD BMW

danewilson77
02-14-2011, 11:14 AM
OK...so on my 2001 TiAg...when I had cruise on.......it would coast down the hills and actually speed up.....and speed was not maintained.

In the zhp....I can feel the brakes maintaining speed on the downhill.

What is this feature called? Cruise control is not one of the options.....

MrMaico
02-14-2011, 12:10 PM
OK...so on my 2001 TiAg...when I had cruise on.......it would coast down the hills and actually speed up.....and speed was not maintained.

It's called a manual transmission and 3.07 gears.:) I really doubt it's actually braking.

I drove some Dodge once might have been a Cirrus (auto trans) and that car actually would downshift with cruise on going down a hill if the speed picked up too much. First time I've ever ran across that.

gr330zhp
02-14-2011, 01:14 PM

Wait Dane, you mean Cruise isnt on your specific car's option list? :confused All E46s had Cruise Control except base 323s and the M3 ZCP

The E53 X5 had the same setup as the E46 for HDC. The button is located where your heated seat switches are.
This link explains how it works:
http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/x5-e70-forum/41128-hill-descent-control.html

danewilson77
02-14-2011, 02:41 PM
No.....what I mean is both cars had cruise....only one maintained speed going downhill.

gr330zhp
02-14-2011, 03:01 PM
Hmmm

FizzTheForumGuy
02-14-2011, 04:42 PM
I can't wait until I have one!!

gr330zhp
02-14-2011, 04:45 PM
I can't wait until I have one!!

Pics of the best SUV in the world please :)

4Runner FTW!

Gramps05ZHP
02-14-2011, 08:11 PM
2005 330i 6mt
Jet Black w/Black Cube/Black Leather/Alcantara Steering Wheel
Purchased 05/07/2008 w/41250 miles, corporate lease from New York.
Build date 09/2004
Options: ZHP (obviously), ZPP, Bluetooth, moonroof, smokers package (deactivated for DICE HD/Ipod), Heated front seats, multi-function steering wheel,
HK Sound, Rain Sensor and Auto Headlights, In-dash CD w/CD changer prep (not used - DICE), Battery Switch.
Current miles:52230
It had damage to the front suspension x-member (looked like someone got it in the air and bottomed out bad, and some minor plastic fairing damage, I was able to get parts from Bavarian Auto Recycling.
I bought this in Indianapolis for $22795.
Needs rock chips fixed on front.
The wheels have been refinished to fix the leasee's road rash, and some new OEM Bridgestone shoes.
This car is T#TS....I

Go Horns!
02-15-2011, 09:09 AM
2004 330i Sedan, Imola Red, Black Leather with aluminum trim, Manual

Purchase Location: Phoenix, AZ
Purchase Date: January 29, 2011
Price: $22,100 (asking price $23,900) from BMW Dealer
Mileage at purchase: 16,500
Options: ZHP, Moonroof, Power seats, Rain sensor and Xenon autoheadlights, HK Sound

PPI revealed about $500 worth of maintenance and mechanical work that needed to be completed and the dealer agreed to do the work.

I didn't have much negotiating power on the price. I called the day after it was listed on Autotrader, and my call was 10 minutes before they opened.

I have already spent over a $1,000 on a strut bar, performance intake, and performance rotors. And if did not have to throw a bachelor party in Vegas in a month, I could easily spend another $2,000 on the car (ipod input, pulleys, ECU, Angle Eyes, carbon fiber splitters and rear diffuser, and refinish the wheels). This car might hit my wallet like a meth habit, but at least I get to keep my teeth.

Gramps05ZHP
02-15-2011, 04:25 PM
Horns,

Damn low mileage.....great find dude....but dealer sure was proud of it.

danewilson77
02-15-2011, 04:28 PM
2004 330i Sedan, Imola Red, Black Leather with aluminum trim, Manual

Purchase Location: Phoenix, AZ
Purchase Date: January 29, 2011
Price: $22,100 (asking price $23,900) from BMW Dealer
Mileage at purchase: 16,500
Options: ZHP, Moonroof, Power seats, Rain sensor and Xenon autoheadlights, HK Sound

PPI revealed about $500 worth of maintenance and mechanical work that needed to be completed and the dealer agreed to do the work.

I didn't have much negotiating power on the price. I called the day after it was listed on Autotrader, and my call was 10 minutes before they opened.

I have already spent over a $1,000 on a strut bar, performance intake, and performance rotors. And if did not have to throw a bachelor party in Vegas in a month, I could easily spend another $2,000 on the car (ipod input, pulleys, ECU, Angle Eyes, carbon fiber splitters and rear diffuser, and refinish the wheels). This car might hit my wallet like a meth habit, but at least I get to keep my teeth.

Wut?

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/nicee46/Funny/images-1.jpg

Gramps05ZHP
02-15-2011, 05:30 PM
LOL

gr330zhp
02-16-2011, 09:09 AM
Awesome find!

otto99
02-17-2011, 07:18 AM
2005 330Ci ZHP, built 11/2004
Black Sapphire/Black alcantara
Steptronic, which seemed like a good idea at the time, but now...
Purchase Location: Tom Williams BMW, Birmingham, AL
Purchase Date: May 30, 2009
Purchase Price: $16,950
Mileage at purchase: 54,000

Car originally sold in Ft. Meyers, FL, I am second owner. Came with CPO and maintenance warranties that just ended in January. Has roof, silver cube, HK sound. I thought we all have the adaptive headlights and dual power seats, but I am uncertain on that. Otherwise box stock, although I am saving up for a strut brace.

romanred62
02-17-2011, 09:15 AM
2005 330Ci ZHP, built 11/2004
Black Sapphire/Black alcantara
Steptronic, which seemed like a good idea at the time, but now...
Purchase Location: Tom Williams BMW, Birmingham, AL
Purchase Date: May 30, 2009
Purchase Price: $16,950
Mileage at purchase: 54,000

Car originally sold in Ft. Meyers, FL, I am second owner. Came with CPO and maintenance warranties that just ended in January. Has roof, silver cube, HK sound. I thought we all have the adaptive headlights and dual power seats, but I am uncertain on that. Otherwise box stock, although I am saving up for a strut brace.

Looks like you have clear corners and sides so not quite box stock.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-17-2011, 09:29 AM
I think our coupes came with clears, Ben.

otto99
02-17-2011, 10:13 AM
Yes, OEM from 2005 on. Although I've never had a problem with amber lenses, and wouldn't make the change if mine were so equipped unless it was red. Then again, I prefer my BMW's in schwarz or a variation thereof, so amber doesn't look bad.

kayger12
02-17-2011, 10:51 AM
I believe coupes came stock with clear sides and corners. I know mine did.

Coupes, FTW!

Edit: Don't mind me, I just realized there was another page of threads...

danewilson77
02-17-2011, 10:54 AM
Coupes, FTW!

Mmmmm...

romanred62
02-17-2011, 11:02 AM
I think our coupes came with clears, Ben.

No fair. They should have done stock clears on sedans too!

danewilson77
02-17-2011, 11:17 AM
No fair. They should have done stock clears on sedans too!

I think its good they were different. Otherwise....they should have just put 4 doors on all 3-series...lol.

JohnnyGraphic
02-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Some great looking ZHPs here and some awesome deals too! Prices have definitely come down some even in the 18 months I've had mine.

2004 ZHP coupe
Imola Red/Black Leather
Purchased 09/09 for $18,000 in Las Vegas with 70,000 miles
ZCP, Alcantara wheel and boots, Black Cube, Adaptive Xenons

Someone mentioned Hill Descent Control on their car.......didn't know that was an option? Not that I'd need it living in North Dakota though.:biggrin

Barry

http://mrmaico.smugmug.com/Cars/BMW-333Ci/IMG0145/688428701_5kaEL-XL.jpg

Great picture!!! The family was there about 2 years ago. I can't remember exactly where that is. I want to say Bryce or Zion?

A LOT of Imola's on this forum!

Johnny

MrMaico
02-21-2011, 08:43 AM
Great picture!!! The family was there about 2 years ago. I can't remember exactly where that is. I want to say Bryce or Zion?

A LOT of Imola's on this forum!

Johnny

Thanks! IIRC that shot was in Zion. Wish I'd had more time to spend there but I was on my way home from buying the car in Vegas so I just kinda cruised through both parks. I think it was right in here somewhere....

http://www.mapquest.com/?version=1.0&hk=9-MGGQI0CY

sea6speed
02-24-2011, 07:44 AM
Purchase Location: Waldorf, MD
Purchase Date: June 2010
Price: $17,500
Mileage at purchase: 47,542
Dealer

IR, Black Leather, Black Cube, 6MT, Cold Weather, MR, Xenon, (+ clear bra, tint, Lo-Jack and extended maintenence plan)

bsurloff
03-01-2011, 01:40 PM
year :2004
purchased new
oriental blue , natural interior
currently as of today 101899 miles
Purchased in South New Jersey
I believe original purchase price was near $44-45k
traded oriental blue, tan interior 325i in, difference in cash.

Crickett
03-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Purchase Location: Austin, TX
Purchase Date: 26 August 2007
Price: $26k
Mileage at purchase: 47k
Used car dealer

Bought it not knowing what a ZHP was, just knew I wanted a 330i & liked the M-style front bumper! Hit a nasty, Texas-sized pothole on the test drive & had a flat an hour into the drive home! I just considered it a nice crash-course in BMW wheel-changing (& where all of the included tools are located!). (Both passenger-side wheels had dents on the inner rim that I was able to have straightened out.)

Blurr
03-01-2011, 02:51 PM
2005 330Ci ZHP
Purchase Location: Las Vegas, NV
Purchase Date: February, 2011
Build Date: 09/2004
Price: $16,900
Mileage at purchase: 69,662
Non-BMW Dealership

Automatic transmission. It appears to have nearly every option available in it except for the aux input port and indash navigation/dvd unit. It does have the Harmon-Kardon sound system but I'm not sure if that was optional or standard.

Black with extremely dark tint with the black cube faux-carbon fiber trim, xenon lights, etc...

I'm either the second or third owner. Non-smoker previous owner(s), perfect interior, perfect maintenance record with BMW. The exterior is next to perfect. Only one small section where there are any scuff marks that can't be buffed out but I'm having BMW repair it with a respray of the area and a total re-clear of the car.

It's in excellent condition and I'm going to keep it that way. Picked it up to give myself a reliable daily driver after being involved in an accident with my project car that I shouldn't have been daily driving :(

danewilson77
03-01-2011, 02:59 PM
2005 330Ci ZHP
Purchase Location: Las Vegas, NV
Purchase Date: February, 2011
Build Date: 09/2004
Price: $16,900
Mileage at purchase: 69,662
Non-BMW Dealership

Automatic transmission. It appears to have nearly every option available in it except for the aux input port and indash navigation/dvd unit. It does have the Harmon-Kardon sound system but I'm not sure if that was optional or standard.

Black with extremely dark tint with the black cube faux-carbon fiber trim, xenon lights, etc...

I'm either the second or third owner. Non-smoker previous owner(s), perfect interior, perfect maintenance record with BMW. The exterior is next to perfect. Only one small section where there are any scuff marks that can't be buffed out but I'm having BMW repair it with a respray of the area and a total re-clear of the car.

It's in excellent condition and I'm going to keep it that way. Picked it up to give myself a reliable daily driver after being involved in an accident with my project car that I shouldn't have been daily driving :(

Very nice pickup Blurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Cadeez
03-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Mileage: 79,750
Purchase Date: February 26, 2011
Purchase Location: Tacoma, Wa (originally purchased in Palm Springs)
Purchase Price: $15k

The car exterior is silver/gray metallic with (natural brown) leather seats, leather M steering wheel, black cube trim, alcantara shift/brake boots, ZHP kit, Xenons, HK sound, 6 spd maunal, absolutely flawless inside and out (one tiny ding near the sunroof but no paint damage, slight curb rash on one wheel ~1.5" long) and it has Michelin Pilot Sports with great tread life left.

I purchased the car this past weekend in Tacoma and drove it back to Portland, I couldn't believe how great of shape it was in. No shakes, no rattles, everything is completely tight like it just came off the showroom floor. It was bone stock, engine is completely dry, owned by a fireman with a hot wife. No repairs needed, so let the mild tuning and cosmetic upgrades begin!

Blurr
03-02-2011, 09:19 AM
It was bone stock, engine is completely dry, owned by a fireman with a hot wife.

Haha, nice qualifier there :)

The interior color, is that the "darker" brown, kinda like a baseball glove?

Cadeez
03-02-2011, 10:00 AM
I'm not sure as I don't really have a comparison, I would call it "peanut butter", but it does resemble a baseball glove that I have. I have some pics but this only lets you post links...

Marcus-SanDiego
03-02-2011, 10:02 AM
I'm not sure as I don't really have a comparison, I would call it "peanut butter", but it does resemble a baseball glove that I have. I have some pics but this only lets you post links...

Jeff, what only lets you post links?

danewilson77
03-02-2011, 10:09 AM

Post the [IMG] file....

Cadeez
03-02-2011, 10:34 AM
When I click on the icon here uinder the quick reply that says "Insert Image" it asks me to enter a url, which I don't have. I just have a jpg on my computer. As you can tell I'm not [I]super[I] computer savvy...

Blurr
03-02-2011, 10:41 AM
If you "Go Advanced" there is an option to "manage attachments". You can upload an image there to the server. It needs to be a relatively small image though otherwise you'll get a message back saying "Image too big" or something like that.

Cadeez
03-02-2011, 10:48 AM
hopefully this works...

Marcus-SanDiego
03-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Jeff, that works.

Blurr
03-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Ooooh, sex on wheels! I love that color interior :)

Marcus-SanDiego
03-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Natural brown is gorgeous. Same color I have in my imola red ZHP. I couldn't be more happy with it.

Cadeez
03-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Yeah I love it...but naturally I'm a little bias. No rips or tears, the bolsters are perfect, leather is soft...interior is 9-10/10

330i ZHP
03-02-2011, 01:11 PM
bought mine brand new March 2005 - sticker was $46,400 something and I paid $36,000 even taxed, tagged and out the door - bought the car over the phone and had the dealer pick me up at airport

Blurr
03-02-2011, 01:54 PM
bought mine brand new March 2005 - sticker was $46,400 something and I paid $36,000 even taxed, tagged and out the door - bought the car over the phone and had the dealer pick me up at airport

I've wondered what the actual sticker price on my car was when it was new. Is there a resource to get a close approximation besides the blue book?

Marcus-SanDiego
03-02-2011, 01:56 PM
I've wondered what the actual sticker price on my car was when it was new. Is there a resource to get a close approximation besides the blue book?

I have the same year vehicle as you. Mine was $45K. I would think that's a pretty good guess for yours. Keith also has a 2005 coupe. Maybe he'll chime in, too.

kayger12
03-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Not sure what the sticker was on mine new.

Dealer had it listed for $25k where I bought it. Paid $22K.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

Marcus-SanDiego
03-02-2011, 03:37 PM
My guess is that it was mid $40K, Keith.

kayger12
03-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Sounds about right, Boss.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

Acyd
03-03-2011, 08:07 PM
15,400 After all was said and done. Pristine condition with 79k miles.

Also the Vanos was rebuilt before i bought it.

terraphantm
03-03-2011, 09:02 PM
I bought mine at a BMW dealer in July of 2008 for $17000 with 64k miles on the clock. I don't think the dealer realized it was a ZHP

Blurr
03-04-2011, 09:34 AM
I bought mine at a BMW dealer in July of 2008 for $17000 with 64k miles on the clock. I don't think the dealer realized it was a ZHP

Wow, that's a great deal for almost 3 years ago. Almost the exact same deal as mine. They probably had no idea what it was. What year was it?

florida2002m3
03-10-2011, 12:04 PM
11,500 90K on the clock
Sarasota FL

Like new condition, needed one new tire and a rad hose.

Marcus-SanDiego
03-10-2011, 12:38 PM
11,500 90K on the clock
Sarasota FL

Like new condition, needed one new tire and a rad hose.

Good find!

johnnyrad
03-13-2011, 09:37 AM
Get ready for Beast coast pricing:

Purchase Location: Bavarian Select Auto, Mechanicsburg, PA
Build Date: 08/2005
Purchase Date: November 18, 2010
Price: $22,000

45,000 miles, alcantara, silver cube, leather///M steering wheel, nav, cold weather package, xenons, HK sound, spotless in and out (no dents, dings, or scratches) bottom of front bumper does need clear coat.
CPO Warranty until September 2011.

Sticker was $24,000. I definitely paid a lot, but at the end of the day it was the exact car I wanted and I was willing to take it in the shorts a little to get it.

Wow $24k! You know I probably would have paid that also. I paid 18 and I think my car is worth 20 easy. Not sure if the dealer realized that he could have posted my car for $21K and I still would have been there waiting for him to open.

kayger12
03-13-2011, 09:45 AM
Yeah-- once they know what they have, they can afford to stick. The guy at Bav Auto Select knew what he had and absolutely would not budge under $22k. Later came to find out that a member here showed up a few weeks before I did with a car trailer to take it out and $20k cash but the guy wouldn't take it and let him walk.

I definitely overpaid 1-2k, but the car was just SO damn clean that I couldn't risk letting her go.

Marcus-SanDiego
03-13-2011, 09:57 AM
And, Keith, that same member said that your car is something special. Faster than any other stock ZHP he's driven.

kayger12
03-13-2011, 10:02 AM
Very true, Mark-- worth every damn penny :)

vteckiller2000
03-26-2011, 08:09 PM
With a laundry list of repairs needed plus a bad wiring harness, mine cost me a trade of a good running audi s4 I had 6k hard cash in. $2,300+ later, and at least I can drive it now. :)

quikryptonite
03-30-2011, 09:18 AM
Year: 2003
Mileage at purchase: 59,600
Purchase Date: March 2011
Orginial Purchase Location: Russel BMW (Window Sticker lists the car @ $43,500), I am the second owner. He took really good care of it. He upgraded to a 2009 M3.
Purchase Location: Dallas, TX
Current location: Utah (Will most likely be a garage queen from November - March)
Purchase Price: $15,000
Options: ZHP, xenon headlights, Mystic blue metallic, silver cube trim, gray leather, alcantara wrapped wheel, parking brake cover, shift boot, sunroof, HK Sound with integrated iPod hookup and the 6 speed manual transmission.

L0veZHP
03-30-2011, 09:25 AM
Nice pick up ^

330i ZHP
03-30-2011, 07:21 PM

you can contact bmw and request a reprint of the window sticker - i was able to get one for the wagon

Johnmadd
03-30-2011, 07:31 PM
you can contact bmw and request a reprint of the window sticker - i was able to get one for the wagon
Hmmm, interesting.

johnrando
03-31-2011, 12:47 PM

Dumb question: Can you shortcut the lookup time for us and tell us who/how to contact? Local dealer, BMW NA? John

06BMW330ZHP
04-10-2011, 10:12 AM
2006 BMW 330ci ZHP 38,500 miles and got it for 13 flat black cube alcantara seats M steering wheel CLEAN as can be had to replace rollers and hanger bearing and replace fluids

Marcus-SanDiego
04-10-2011, 10:13 AM
Great deal on that car. Score.

06BMW330ZHP
04-10-2011, 10:57 AM
Thanks!!

Stu
04-11-2011, 04:05 PM
Price: $16,000
Mileage: 93,000

Alcantara interior, black cube trim, cold weather package, HK sound, manual, satellite radio pre-wired, SOS, tint, and the dealer even bought me a brand-new $350 tire because they spotted a small bubble during inspection. Good guy. I didn't even ask him. Also threw in a 3-month 4,500 warranty to help convince me how great of condition the car was in.

Extremely clean, well maintained. Has some wheel issues but pretty minor. Interior is in pretty damn great shape.

Murphy
04-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Year: 2006 ZHP Coupe 6MT
Purchase Location: Winston Salem, NC
Date: May 2010
Mileage: 39,500
Price: $19,800
Private party sale

I could not believe how nice this car was when I went to drive it. Alpine white w/blk leather, black cube trim, heated front seats, xenon. I am the third owner. I have the original window sticker ($44,945.00). I had a dealer do a pre-purchase inspection and the only thing they found was that the RF fender had been painted. No evidence of crash damage. It is my daily driver and the only thing I have done so far is replace the thermostat. I am more than happy with the purchase.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Nice pick up. Good price with that car.

danewilson77
04-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Nice pickup Murph!

vwpowa
04-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Year: 2004 ZHP Sedan 6MT
Purchase Location: Jacksonville FL (transferred from Arizona)
Date: April 2011
Mileage: 45,000
Price: $16020 out the door
Dealer

2004 Imola ZHP 45K miles, manual , Alcantara, xenons, no sunroof and rear seat does not fold down. 16021 out the door + 850 transfer fee . Needs a little love but mechanically seems solid.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-13-2011, 08:51 AM
Great price.

Terry
04-13-2011, 09:02 AM
Purchase Location: Hillside, New Jersey (now with me here in Foothill Ranch, CA)
Purchase Date: February 8th, 2011
Price: $23,998
Mileage at purchase: 53,814
Year/Model/Color: 2003 330i Sedan Imola Red
Private party

Similar car to VWPOWA's. It Imola, sunroof delete, no folding seats. Welcome, btw.

Steady work in progress despite it being advertised as perfect. 99% of the way there though. This one isn't the most fuel efficient. Can't wait to get the VentureShield clear bra on the front so I can start drafting (and saving). ;)

-T

tmdavila
04-13-2011, 09:25 AM
Year: 2006
Mileage: 16K
Purchase Date: 3/20/11
Purchase Location: Milford DE
Purchase Price: $21K
Options are ZHP, Harmon Kardon, adaptive xenons, gray leather, cold weather pkg
Window sticker $45695, original owner paid no less than $45501.38 (she left her bank acct withdrawal receipts in the glove)
Car is in excellent condition for its age

I think someone at the dealership where I bought it may have driven it over the winter, b/c it was for sale with 13K miles in Nov. at the same (Toyota) dealership. I know this b/c another somewhat regretful ZHP Mafia member had looked at it in Nov and then been told it was sold right around Xmas. When I bought it 4 months later it had 3k more miles and somebody had smoked the windows. I haven't pulled a new Carfax on it, so I don't know if it was registered to a private party in those 4 mos.

tmdavila
04-13-2011, 09:28 AM
"This one isn't the most fuel efficient."

Terry, my 06 (6MT) is getting 28 MPG when I drive like Grandma.

Also, was told by an independent installer (who does all of Knauz BMW's work - Lake Forest IL) last weekend that most of his customers who get the clear bra are somewhat disappointed in appearance and value. He advised putting the $500 towards an occasional repainting instead.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-13-2011, 09:34 AM
Terry's problem is that he has an S54 motor in his. It's that good news/bad news thing. :biggrin

rikdee
04-13-2011, 09:55 AM
Also, was told by an independent installer (who does all of Knauz BMW's work - Lake Forest IL) last weekend that most of his customers who get the clear bra are somewhat disappointed in appearance and value. He advised putting the $500 towards an occasional repainting instead.[/QUOTE]

I recently studied the whole clear bra thing and decided against it. Found too many negative comments. Yet, like most things, it is a plus/minus situation. C/Bs have some of each.

MrMaico
04-13-2011, 02:22 PM
"This one isn't the most fuel efficient."

Terry, my 06 (6MT) is getting 28 MPG when I drive like Grandma.

Also, was told by an independent installer (who does all of Knauz BMW's work - Lake Forest IL) last weekend that most of his customers who get the clear bra are somewhat disappointed in appearance and value. He advised putting the $500 towards an occasional repainting instead.

Damn! Nice miles! Another low miles ZHP emerges from someones garage.

Knauz :biggrin......I used to order parts for my '72 2002 from them back in the late 70's. Back then they were known as Knauz Continental Autos.

Barry

hillhucker
04-14-2011, 05:56 AM
2004 330ci
silver gray, black leather, cold weather, moonroof, adaptive xenons, leather M3 steering wheel replacement, black cube, second set of winter wheels/tires
110,000 miles
$12,600

7872004 330ci zhp

Had bmw do PPI, and it needs vcg, serpentine belts, lower front control arm bush, oil level sensor, and a battery (original to car). Not bad since i will DIY it. Otherwise excellent shape and well maintained.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ab/Bmwzhp1.jpg
This is a pic taken by the previous owner, which is a photog, and uploaded to wikipedia.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-14-2011, 06:56 AM
Hillhucker, as soon as I saw that car I recognized it. Then I saw your Wiki note. :biggrin

Congrats on the car. When did you purchase it?

hillhucker
04-14-2011, 07:11 AM
Finished paperwork a day ago. The car is in the Chicago area, so i am having it transported down here to me. I will be seeing it for the first time in about 5-7 days!

Marcus-SanDiego
04-14-2011, 07:13 AM
Very nice. Congrats again.

danewilson77
04-14-2011, 08:00 AM
Congrats.....

aurelius
04-14-2011, 08:19 AM
Year: 6/2003
Mileage: 46K
Purchase Date: Feb '09
Purchase Location: Dallas, TX
Purchase Price: $15K
Source: private party via craigslist
Options: ZHP, Blk Sapphire, Nat Brown leather, folding rears, Nav, H/K, xenons, sunroof

Now 64k mis. Manual trans., which is getting fresh Redline MTL this weekend, along with a new fuel filter.

Have experienced seemingly all of the classic E46/ZHP "issues," including a broken rear window regulator (easy DIY, $55 shipped w/ lifetime warr via Amazon) and blown-out CAB's (replaced w Meyle HD version = greatness).

Yet to do but needed: HVAC blower motor resistor pack (aka Final Stage Unit); voltage regulator.

Has the dreaded 2800 RPM hesitation. As many of you know, there's no real consensus on how to solve that. Some got rid of it via DME update, some via VANOS rebuild, and at least one guy via DISA replacement. Plan to check DISA flap & seal housing, replace VANOS with aftermarket rebuild, then DME flash if still needed.

Also experiencing erratic idle, especially in warmer weather. From what I have read, the new VANOS unit is the cure.

Mild VCG leak will be addressed when doing VANOS.

Currently in the midst of a thorough cooling system rehab that goes way beyond water pump & thermostat. Interestingly, MPG has risen noticeably with new idler & tensioner pulleys.

Crickett
04-14-2011, 08:24 AM
Welcome, aurelius! Tell us all about yourself & your ride (we're pic whores, btw . . . ) in the New Member (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?9-New-Members) section; your ZHP sounds like a beaut!!

danewilson77
04-14-2011, 08:25 AM
Welcome to the site Aurelius.

Ride sounds schweet!

In for pics.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-14-2011, 08:28 AM
Nice to have an Aurelius to go with my Marcus. Welcome to the site. Looking forward to having your input on the site.

SonOfWMB
04-14-2011, 07:18 PM
Year: 2005 ZHP Sedan, 6MT (build date 9/2004)
Silver gray, premium package, gray leather, black cube trim, xenons, alcantara wheel, window tint.
Purchase Location: Adairsville, GA
Date: Dec 2008
Mileage: 62,400
Price: $17,200
Private party sale

The car was in pretty good shape cosmetically and mechanically, just the usual chips and scraps from normal wear and tear. Coolant system had just a minor leak from the lower radiator fitting. After purchase, I replaced the cooling system, belts and fluids.

hulkcolegan
04-14-2011, 07:51 PM
I bought my navy blue top and silver body 2005 330ci convertible for $13,500. 82k miles. Purchased it last July.

sgplayer69
04-14-2011, 09:54 PM
Year: 2003 6MT ZHP Sedan
Titanium Silver, Black Leather, Black Cube, Tint, CAI, Bilstein PSS9s, and other mods
Date: Dec 2010
Mileage: 118,XXX
Price: $10,000
Private Party

musicisfree
04-15-2011, 08:52 AM
Mileage: 94,700
Purchase Location: NY
Purchase Price: $14,000
Options are ZHP, Premium Package, silver cube, Black Sapphire/grey leather, Navigation, Harman Kardon sound
Dealer

norman@southbayBMW
04-17-2011, 07:33 PM
Year 2004
miles: 53k
purchase date: Apr 13 2011
purchase location : Shelly bmw (buena park ca)
purchase price : $13500 (traded my 06 subaru sti they gave me $21000 for it)
non xenon headlight good carfax no accident loving the car so far

Marcus-SanDiego
04-17-2011, 07:39 PM
Good pick up, Norman. Post some pictures in your new members thread.

Vr6Dubny
04-20-2011, 07:46 AM
Year: 2004 ZHP Sedan, 6MT
Jet Black, cold weather, sunroof delete, HK, tan leather, silver cube trim, xenons, alcantara wheel, window tint., uuc swaybars, bmw lowering springs
Purchase Location: St. Louis, MO
Date: April 2011
Mileage: 44,500
Price: 18,500
Private party sale

car is in very good condition, a little paint issue on the passenger front lower bumper, dealer maintained with service records

danewilson77
04-20-2011, 07:52 AM
Great buy Dub.

Welcome to the family.

Marcus-SanDiego
04-20-2011, 08:02 AM
Dub, great work. Great price.

WH1TE_Z0MB1E
04-21-2011, 07:38 PM
Well this would be my first post. I have yet to own my car for a whole month, but I love it so far. I think I would fall under the category of getting something that wasn't fully understood by the seller, I really didn't know what I had until I found this site and am still learning.

06 330Ci
33,000 miles
every dealer option
sparkling graphite
very clean inside and out
clean carfax and most maintenance records
Tyler, Texas
$18,500

I would be the 3rd owner, the original was a very wealthy older man. I purchased it from an employee of his company who bought it after he died, a woman who complained about difficulty getting in and out of it and the maintenance costs. Neither of which discouraged my buying it. Thank the Car Gods!

Marcus-SanDiego
04-21-2011, 07:46 PM
Great acquisition. Low miles and lower-than-expected price.