PDA

View Full Version : I am tracking my ZHP, and I need new brake pads.

Jean
07-12-2011, 06:18 PM
Has anyone had any experience with pads other than stock pads?

I tried the Hawk's on my other BMW, but wasn't satisfied with them (too noisy for the street, and they didn't fit good).

Anyone ever try Pagid Red? How about Cool Carbon? These are both sold by Bavarian Autosport.

Thanks,

Jean

Mike V
07-12-2011, 06:21 PM
James @ BimmerWorld got me hooked on Performance Friction Z-rated. To me, they are a perfect compromise for street and track and they also don't dust really bad like other track/street pads do.

GMATT
07-13-2011, 04:31 AM
+1 on Performance Friction. I used PF01"s on another car with outstanding results (heavy pony car).

az3579
07-13-2011, 05:46 AM
I stand by Hawk. HPS's don't squeal. You probably had Hp+ which do squeal.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jvr826
07-13-2011, 08:57 AM
I love the 01's too, but only get about 7 track days out of a set, sometimes less depending on where I go. A friend runs the Z-rated on his E46 M3 for street and track and has no complaints.

I think for those of us who haven't tried 01s, they or the 06's would be great. But once you go 01, it's hard to go back. I purchased a set of 06's, front and rear, and missed my 01's. They are like boat anchors stop after stop. Excellent pads!

kpro
07-13-2011, 09:35 AM
I stand by Hawk. HPS's don't squeal. You probably had Hp+ which do squeal.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I'm with BP here, I use Hawk HPS on everything, tracked my car at BeaveRun last weekend and they did just fine, no fade or glazing. I have had fade with the PF01's on our Accord at the same track. The HP+ will make noise and won't stop well when not warmed up.

balticvid
07-21-2011, 02:19 PM
I use Hawk HPS on the track and the street. Never any noise.
I couldn't be more satisfied.