PDA

View Full Version : Treehouse Racing CAB's

danewilson77
07-13-2011, 05:12 AM
Any of you track hounds have a review on these?

http://store.bimmerworld.com/treehouse-racing-eyeball-control-arm-brackets-p516.aspx

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

jvr826
07-13-2011, 09:07 AM
No experience with these myself, but I know there's a guy on Bimmerfest E46 who runs them and praises them. Can't recall who, but maybe a quick search will yield some fruit.

I just went back to powerflex a couple weeks ago, from stock replacements. I hate how the OE bushings feel on braking and pulled them after about a year. I love the feel of the powerflex bushings and you can't beat the price if you can do the pressing yourself. I had to pay a shop to press the new bushings into my carriers, but I was able to get the old ones out myself. Next time I think I can come up with a solution to do both at home.

The shop who does my tech inspections said in his experience rubber is best. He said there are no great alternatives, again in his opinion, for the E46. Said the meile HD are junk, powerflex explode, only OE for him. I had poweflex on mine for about 13k miles and discovered a crack in the black part during a self-tech, which is why I ended up with OE for an emergency fix.

For the feel and handling improvement, I'll take my chances. He is the first to mention this exploding thing... haven't read anything about it, but I haven't looked either.

danewilson77
07-13-2011, 09:11 AM
^Interesting. In fact....Meyle HD are what I usually use.

murph
07-13-2011, 12:35 PM
I had a set of Meyle HD fail on me within a week. From what I understand, early powerflex had issues mostly with making noise, but I'm on my second car with them now, a cumulative probably 50,000 miles, and they work well for me.

I'm interested to know if the Treehouse are offset for more caster? And if so, does it cause problems with the tire placement within the wheel well?

danewilson77
07-13-2011, 03:52 PM
I had a set of Meyle HD fail on me within a week. From what I understand, early powerflex had issues mostly with making noise, but I'm on my second car with them now, a cumulative probably 50,000 miles, and they work well for me.

I'm interested to know if the Treehouse are offset for more caster? And if so, does it cause problems with the tire placement within the wheel well?

Dunno.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

zhpnsnv
07-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Those look like every other piece of track-oriented stuff I put on my MINI where the fine print probably reads: will make lots of noise. Can't say so for sure, though.

danewilson77
07-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Those look like every other piece of track-oriented stuff I put on my MINI where the fine print probably reads: will make lots of noise. Can't say so for sure, though.

Lol. K...just curious.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Johnmadd
07-13-2011, 07:49 PM
This is what Ive been looking at, looks like it would be hard to damage.

murph
07-13-2011, 09:04 PM
I asked Treehouse, they say these bushings are not offset.

So the primary difference between these and something like the powerflex is that they'll hold up better, but also be stiffer/harsher.

KC ZHP
07-27-2011, 02:36 PM
I am running these on my E36 M3 - they use a delrin bushing which is different than the powerflex material. On that application, there is a great deal more caster; however, does not appear to be the case on the E46 - certainly contact the vendor to be confirm. I have not found them to make more noise than OEM on my car. BTW, have had excellent experience with Bimmerworld.