PDA

View Full Version : Rear shock tower mount......again

AzkotikBMW
07-18-2011, 03:41 PM
So a month or so ago one of my rear shock tower mounts blew out. So I ordered a new pair (because I figured if I was going to replace one I might as well just do both of them). So I got the first one on, and was tightening the LAST screw, and it broke off!! Awesome.....so I had to take off the wheel again, unbolt the coilover again, and redo the entire thing. So I only replaced the 1 mount that broke.

And of COURSE. What happens when it is 105 degrees out, with a heat index of 115? The other one decides to break. So I'm on the side of the highway, in slack and a dress shirt, jacking my car up so I could put tshirt around the coilover so I could drive home.....UGH. This time, I am going to buy the best frickin shock tower mounts they have and be done with it for good.

danewilson77
07-18-2011, 04:35 PM
Damn it. That really sux. What torque spec are you using to fasten the rsm?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

static667
07-18-2011, 05:15 PM
I feel your pain, brother. I've had a few roadside fixes like that before.

bcleaver
07-18-2011, 07:07 PM
AST spherical shock mounts are pretty nice. I have and like

mimalmo
07-18-2011, 07:14 PM
Bummer Kyle. This heatwave is crazy. I was out today in a shirt and pants for just a little while and I got sweaty instantly. I can't imagine trying to work on a car dressed like that.

AzkotikBMW
07-19-2011, 04:01 AM
AST spherical shock mounts are pretty nice. I have and like

I ordered replacements from www.rogueengineering.com. My good friend has been using them for quite a while and loves them. Also, after first installation everything can be changed from inside the wheel-well.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums (http://developer.palm.com/appredirect/?packageid=com.newnessdevelopments.forums)