PDA

View Full Version : For Sale (SOLD): 2005 BMW 330 ZHP Sedan 6 speed in DC

WilC
07-19-2011, 07:09 AM
Hello all,

I've been going back and forth with the seller about this car and I was wondering if the price is a bit high. The reason I think is a bit high is because a week ago I passed a similar car, '04 though, with the same options and only 53k miles for $16.5.

Any suggestions on how much I should pay for this car after PPI is done?

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=858064

Thanks in advance.

ecrabb
07-19-2011, 07:41 AM
Hmm... From my "looking to buy travels" in the last month or so, his price doesn't seem too out of line - especially for the east coast.

That's almost exactly the car I'm looking for (but closer to midwest), and I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm probably going to have to pay around $15k plus or minus, so I don't think $!6k is too bad for the east coast. I'd say the one you passed on was probably a tad on the low side if anything.

I'll let the more experienced guys chime in with specifics, but the price doesn't seem far off compared to what I've been seeing.

Oh, and Marcus or Dane will probably move this to the "is it a good deal" thread.

Cheers,
SC

Marcus-SanDiego
07-19-2011, 08:00 AM
I think $16K on the east coast is reasonable. It's at a price that should sell. In the midwest that car might go for $15K. Looks clean.

As for the previous car with 53K miles, you should have jumped on that one. That was a bargain.

llll1l1ll
07-19-2011, 09:16 AM
I might get buyer's remorse if I keep looking in here. I'd jump on this car if I didn't already have something going on.

BCS_ZHP
07-19-2011, 07:45 PM
WilC,
I've been emailing with the owner, good people. Saw the Naval Aviation tag on his car, asked what he flew and when. We figured out he used to fly Navy jets in the same squadron with my brother 20 years ago, he sent me a photo of when they were actually assigned as the same flight crew. Confirmed with my the brother that Bogey is from good stock, a car aficionado. He's local to me, so available to do a check out if you need it, just call.
Bruce
703-232-8535

BimmerRules!
07-20-2011, 06:05 AM
WilC,

If you aren't planning to follow up, ok if I step in and inquire with the seller?

Great value IMO.

Bruce - Do you know if the car is still available? thanks!

BCS_ZHP
07-20-2011, 07:36 AM
He emailed me this morning, its still available, he wants me to come check it out this weekend. His wife was in an accident, their family minivan was a total loss, he's replacing it with a new VW TDI wagon. The dealer is having a hard time locating one, so his wife is driving the ZHP sedan while he drives his M3.

I've started a search for a ZHP 6 spd for me for commuting, my truck & our family SUV as daily drivers (both <15 mpg) are killing me in fuel bills, just shy of a grand for June. My wife is driving her conv daily now, I'm still in my truck and will get myself a 6 spd as soon as the sale of our coupe is completed.

WilC
07-20-2011, 08:43 AM
Thanks Bruce.

B just emailed me back and because of his work environment, we won't be able to talk until this evening. If things go well, I will give you a ring so you can check this car for me.

Thanks again..

If anything changes, I will update the post so someone else can have a chance.

WilC,
. He's local to me, so available to do a check out if you need it, just call.
Bruce
703-232-8535

BimmerRules!
07-20-2011, 09:23 AM
Bruce - sorry to read about his wife's accident. Hopefully she's unhurt.

You are now in search for 6 speed? Nice! :) Please feel free to look at that '06 if you are interested. I placed a deposit this morning but would be glad to back out for you.

Wil - would appreciate if you can keep us posted this eve about your decision. I am also interested in this car but plan to act only if you decide not to go for it. Thanks!

BCS_ZHP
07-20-2011, 02:53 PM
BR,
That Hagerstown car, though very nice, is more than I want to spend, its all yours.

WilC,
Bogey said you had contacted him, he and I are tentatively planning for a Sat inspection.

WilC
07-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Yes, we spoke, very nice gentleman. If you do the inspeciton on Sat, please let me know as soon as you can. If the deal goes through, we can meet and do lunch when I pick up the car.

Kind regards,

Wil

BCS_ZHP
07-20-2011, 06:47 PM
Wil,
No problem, Bogey told me he doesn't do early on weekends (neither do I) so it will probably be a late morning inspection and if you PM me a number, I'll call you afterwards.
Bruce

WilC
07-21-2011, 06:38 AM
Car has been SOLD! To me :)

Thanks everyone for all your help.

Marcus-SanDiego
07-21-2011, 07:19 AM
Wil, congrats on the purchase.

And congrats on selling the 2002. Great car there.

BimmerRules!
07-21-2011, 07:25 AM
Congrats on the purchase! Very nice car. If you hadn't acted, I would have. :)

danewilson77
07-21-2011, 09:19 AM
Schweet!

BCS_ZHP
07-21-2011, 02:30 PM
WilC,
Congrats on the purchase! And I'm presuming that you don't need an inspection by me now?

jdub486
07-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Do we know if the Hagerstown car was purchased? I almost jumped on it last weekend...