PDA

View Full Version : Can someone PLEASE tell me EXACTLY what HID's order?

lilcdkey
07-19-2011, 11:17 PM
I am a complete noob when it comes to lighting and I need some help from someone more knowledgable in the subject! There are too many different options when it comes to ordering HID's and I'm completely lost. I need two separate orders for my headlights and foglights!

Should I order the Raptor HID Kit or DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit?

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Apexcone-Raptor-HID-Kit

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

What wattage?

Which bulb type for headlights and fogs?

Do I need the HID harness (in/out)?

Error Eliminator? I don't really mind codes..

Any adaptor cables?

Also, how difficult is the install? Would a noob like me be able to DIY it?

Thank you to everyone who helps out!

M0nk3y
07-20-2011, 05:35 AM
Do you have projector headlights or halogens?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Hornung418
07-20-2011, 05:51 AM
DDM?? Spend your money elsewhere, Zaid.

ZSP-Mafia
07-20-2011, 06:03 AM
DDM?? Spend your money elsewhere, Zaid.

+1. I've had no problems with them personally, but they're around the corner from me so I haven't had to deal with their horrendous shipping.

spencers
07-20-2011, 01:19 PM
I understand you want a kit for your fog lamps, but don't your headlamps already have xenons? If so, there is utterly no point, whatsoever. You'd be replacing something quality with something junk.

lilcdkey
07-20-2011, 02:14 PM
I have projectors and I do not have xenons! Where should I get my HID's from if not from DDM?

Hornung418
07-20-2011, 02:20 PM
You have H1 bulbs...I'd just leave them as is. You'd need a different setup I believe.

trancenation
07-20-2011, 02:43 PM
I have heard many horror stories about DDM tuning, but none have affected me. I've ordered from them a few years ago, before they changed manufacturers, and till this day their products have never failed me. It's just the color variations of the bulbs are very generic. i.e. one bulb may be bluer than the other. If i can recall, there was a thread that said DDM had some shipments confisicated by customs and they labeled 6k and 8k bulbs all the same.

Hid (high intensity discharge) kits generally come with the following:
(2) ballasts
(1) Pair of Desire Kelvin Bulbs
(1) Pair of extension male/female connectors
Zipties and double sided adhesive

When installing hid on halogen headlight housings, or non-xenon housings, there will most likely be an error code that your front lamps are out. It may go away after they are turned on.

I have hids for my foglights and have no error codes (don't know if any exist). 35 watt kits should be sufficient for headlights and fogs.

Also Keep in mind that you may want to run a wiring harness instead of using the stock wiring to power the kit.

lilcdkey
07-27-2011, 11:13 PM
You have H1 bulbs...I'd just leave them as is. You'd need a different setup I believe.

I have H7 bulbs.

Hornung418
07-28-2011, 12:01 AM
I have H7 bulbs.
I'm not sure what your lens style is...but it's not a reflector bowl...yet you have H7 bulbs in a projector like housing? I need a picture of your headlights...

lilcdkey
07-28-2011, 10:13 AM
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/411/18893791400jn8.jpg/sr=1

Hornung418
07-28-2011, 10:23 AM
I'm aware of what they look like from afar. I'm interested in seeing what your specific headlights look like from a head on perspective and the bits behind the light under the hood.

lilcdkey
07-30-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm aware of what they look like from afar. I'm interested in seeing what your specific headlights look like from a head on perspective and the bits behind the light under the hood.

There's a small metal clip/harness that hold the bulb in. I already figured out that I won't be needing a harness or H7 adaptor. Thanks for your help though.