PDA

View Full Version : H&R Coilovers - May need spacers- ? Thanks

Audi 0000
07-22-2011, 03:32 PM
I was placing an order at Tire Rack, and was going to purchase coilovers for my Zhp. I was thinking the H&R Rss Clubsport. The salesman told me there was a note " may require use of wheel spacers " with the H&R, but not with the other brands they sell. I wanted to know if anyone was using the H&R? and if they required use of wheel spacers? I dont want to install them and find I cant drive for a few days. Thank you.

mimalmo
07-23-2011, 09:29 AM
I had to put 10mm spacers in front when setup with the stock wheels and my KW V2 coilovers. You could probably get away with up to 15mm in front.

I've tried a couple different brands of spacers over the years and I currently recommend the Turner Motorsport spacers. They're well built (used on Turner race cars), they're easily removable if you forget to use anti-seize and you can order them with black bolts for an OEM appearance.

Audi 0000
07-25-2011, 08:19 AM
Thanks for the response, but did you NEED spacers to use coilovers? I am just trying to find out if I need to buy spacers when ordering my coilovers. I am using stock wheels and tires for now.....

danewilson77
07-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Short answer is this. Put coilovers on. If your wheels rub...you will need spacers. I personally don't need any spacers with my KW's and the offset of my rims (+42).

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Audi 0000
07-25-2011, 08:39 AM
OK. thank you. I am trying to figure out what parts I need to order, and how much $ I am spending. I will just see what happens.