PDA

View Full Version : New Members

Marcus-SanDiego
07-23-2011, 08:01 AM
Dear members:

Thanks for being so hospitable, welcoming, and friendly to the new members of this forum.

I consider the "new members" forum one of the most important places at ZHPMafia.com. It sets the tone for new people. It's a major step for new people to post in that forum. Your friendliness and helpfulness reinforces why many of the new members joined in the first place.

I'm convinced that we get so many new member threads because of how friendly and active the forum is. Ever visit other BMW forums and seen their new-member sections? Ghost towns. No one welcomes new members. Seems very unfriendly. I believe that the community suffers (and doesn't grow as strongly as it could) when new members are ignored in new member threads.

I watch the new member forum very closely (closer than any other forum). I'm pleased to see so much activity there.

If you're already participating in the new members forum -- when new members post -- I appreciate the efforts you're putting in to make new members feel at home.

If you haven't been very active in that forum, then I'd invite you to participate. It's a great place to engage other members (new and old alike).

Regardless, thanks for keeping ZHPMafia.com one of the friendliest forums on Earth.

BlackNTan
07-23-2011, 08:25 AM
I have to agree Marcus. I joined just a few weeks ago and the welcome I received made me want to be a contributor to this forum rather than a passive imbiber. I am not a gearhead by any means, but I have learned a lot and I am looking to contribute in the areas I do know about. Thanks for the encouragement.

kayger12
07-23-2011, 08:48 AM
I have to agree Marcus. I joined just a few weeks ago and the welcome I received made me want to be a contributor to this forum rather than a passive imbiber. I am not a gearhead by any means, but I have learned a lot and I am looking to contribute in the areas I do know about. Thanks for the encouragement.

Proof positive.

Great thread idea, Boss.

Marcus-SanDiego
07-23-2011, 08:50 AM
Glad you're enjoying yourself here.

I've tried to encourage and foster the things that I think are severely lacking at other forums. Chief among them, of course, is respect for each other. It all starts right there.

We've got a great group of people here. No question about it. As a result, it makes being different than other forums a lot easier.

danewilson77
07-23-2011, 10:42 AM
Early Bump. My home...away from home.

static667
07-23-2011, 01:06 PM
I'm happy to be part of the welcome wagon. If I see a "New here" thread that's more than twelve hours old and I haven't posted to it, I kinda feel like I'm slipping.

Marcus-SanDiego
07-23-2011, 01:15 PM
I'm happy to be part of the welcome wagon. If I see a "New here" thread that's more than twelve hours old and I haven't posted to it, I kinda feel like I'm slipping.

I'm with you. I'm usually commenting within five mins. If I'm not in a thread within an hour, you know that I'm not near a computer or other electronic device.

iPad. Tapatalk. Bi-winning.

iZHP
07-23-2011, 02:57 PM
:like