PDA

View Full Version : Air Compressor for drying?

HokieZHP
07-27-2011, 08:58 AM
Does anyone use an air compressor for drying their car? I found my dad's huge air compressor in the back of the garage and was thinking I could use it for drying the car and gettng water out of the gaps?

What do you guys think, good or bad idea?

danewilson77
07-27-2011, 09:31 AM
I think its an ok idea.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Marcus-SanDiego
07-27-2011, 09:40 AM
I use a leaf blower. Craftsman 225 mph. Get it at sears. Use the affiliate link in our advertisers section. You'll thank me later.

HokieZHP
07-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Hmmm leafblower sounds like an interesting idea haha. We have a stihl backpack leaf blower but I feel like that would be awkward to handle when drying the car... It is looking old as it's 9 years old...may be time for a new one! haha

Marcus-SanDiego
07-27-2011, 12:21 PM
Hmmm leafblower sounds like an interesting idea haha. We have a stihl backpack leaf blower but I feel like that would be awkward to handle when drying the car... It is looking old as it's 9 years old...may be time for a new one! haha

It's perfectly simplistic. You'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kayger12
07-27-2011, 12:25 PM
I use a leaf blower. Craftsman 225 mph. Get it at sears. Use the affiliate link in our advertisers section. You'll thank me later.

This.

I use it to blow out the water from all of the crevices like the trim, bumpers, gas fill door, etc.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

goofiefoot
07-27-2011, 01:34 PM
The one thing with the compressor is making sure it has a dryer and/or filter in-line. You'd hate to be blowing compressor oil and moisture onto your newly cleaned car. I'd be a little concerned about the same thing with a gas-powered blower. The electric blower sounds like the way to go.

johnnyrad
07-27-2011, 01:57 PM
I use a leafblower as well...my neighbors think I'm a kook and my wife rolls her eyes at me when she see's me doing it..But think about it, when folks go to a automatic car wash the last thing you pass is a gigantic blower!!! DUH right?

Marcus-SanDiego
07-27-2011, 02:15 PM
Yep. Electric leaf blower for the win. I think I paid $50 something for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alphatek45
07-27-2011, 02:44 PM
The one thing with the compressor is making sure it has a dryer and/or filter in-line. You'd hate to be blowing compressor oil and moisture onto your newly cleaned car. I'd be a little concerned about the same thing with a gas-powered blower. The electric blower sounds like the way to go.

My thoughts exactly

kayger12
07-27-2011, 02:49 PM

Hmm. Never really considered this.

Have been using it since April and haven't had any problems yet.

I'll definitely be on the look out, though.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

johnrando
08-01-2011, 06:16 PM
I know a few of the local car washes use air compressors for blowing water out of the gaps. If an electric leaf blower only costs $50 I'm going to get one this week. I hate having that extra water leave spots after washing/drying.