PDA

View Full Version : My ZHP

RVAzhp
08-02-2011, 05:30 PM
finally got some pictures uploaded, all are from my phone. I can't seem to find the ones my buddy who is a photoG took.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-G26djGCfOCo/TjiivK9044I/AAAAAAAAAFY/bWKs0IZhjtY/s640/IMG_0094.JPG
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-qQDD37a7xVQ/TjijHl9OWzI/AAAAAAAAAFc/0170vdaHSiY/s512/IMG_0713.JPG
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Kp38LYXV5Kc/TjijJL2ZWcI/AAAAAAAAAFg/53dxzwnQem8/s640/IMG_1232.JPG
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-KRoFaTayeRU/TjijJU3OB4I/AAAAAAAAAFk/tRHXOSfOjvg/s512/IMG_0829.JPG
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-73b5W1IYgSA/TjijqmMM9BI/AAAAAAAAAFs/gYmrimK3D0o/Photo0783.jpg

iZHP
08-02-2011, 05:34 PM
If you enabled DRL your yellow bowls would look good coming at you.

Hornung418
08-02-2011, 05:41 PM
Looks boss. Get some clears and really set the yellow off. My smokes really make mine pop, but you have JBII (?), so I vote clears.

RootedDROIDXstatus. Come at me, bro.

static667
08-02-2011, 06:06 PM
Sweet. The yellow bowls stand off nice against the black.

RVAzhp
08-02-2011, 06:19 PM
If you enabled DRL your yellow bowls would look good coming at you.
how do i enable my DRL? do i have to insert a bulb into that spot and then just plug and play or do i have to mess with the computer. i've been wondering, since i do see some BMW's with them.

Looks boss. Get some clears and really set the yellow off. My smokes really make mine pop, but you have JBII (?), so I vote clears
no way man, def not going clears. never been a fan. :)

Sweet. The yellow bowls stand off nice against the black.
Took me a while to make the jump. i have yellow bulbs in there too so when i flash people...they definitely notice.

Hornung418
08-02-2011, 07:24 PM
how do i enable my DRL? do i have to insert a bulb into that spot and then just plug and play or do i have to mess with the computer. i've been wondering, since i do see some BMW's with them.

no way man, def not going clears. never been a fan. :)

Took me a while to make the jump. i have yellow bulbs in there too so when i flash people...they definitely notice.

Wait...what color are you? Clears really do make the yellow bowls pop, I'm not pushing you, but if you are Jet Black II, you should ditch the ambers. Also did you paint your high beam bowls or is that just your camera picking up your yellow bulbs?

RootedDROIDXstatus. Come at me, bro.

RVAzhp
08-03-2011, 02:19 AM
Color jet black, I think amber looks good. The bowls are painted now, they weren't in most of the pictures except the one where they were blatantly yellow. I just saw a black zhp parked next to mine at the gym a week ago with clear corners and side markers. Thought it looked cheap and ugly?

RVAzhp
08-03-2011, 02:20 AM
I'll search though some pictures on here one day to see if I change my mind

johnrando
08-03-2011, 09:22 AM
Make sure you post in the Black ZHP thread too!

Johal E32
08-03-2011, 09:33 AM
with black stay ambers. They set the black off nice!

Marcus-SanDiego
08-03-2011, 10:09 AM
Nice car. I like.

RVAzhp
08-03-2011, 01:44 PM
with black stay ambers. They set the black off nice!
Thanks man, i agree. when i saw the black BMW with clears parked next to mine, i just thought it looked washed out from the front end.

Nice car. I like.
Thank you!

Anyone want to give me some pointers into the direction on getting my Daytime running lights up and working? i imagine this was a factory option that only some areas got?

Marcus-SanDiego
08-03-2011, 01:50 PM
I thought all of our cars were wired for DRLs. I had Shane, over at Euro Auto Spot, program my car for it.

Can someone confirm that we all have the DRLs?

RVAzhp
08-03-2011, 01:54 PM
I thought all of our cars were wired for DRLs. I had Shane, over at Euro Auto Spot, program my car for it.

Can someone confirm that we all have the DRLs?

i've seen other bmw's driving around and always noticed their DRLs...always kinda thought, hmmm, i don't have those. when i took my headlights out the little open spot in the highbeam housing didn't contain a bulb? i assume that's where the DRL bulb goes? maybe one of the previous owners just took them out?

do they turn off when you put the foglights on? i usually run those anyways since i think it's safer to always have lights on during the day.

Marcus-SanDiego
08-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Never paid attention to whether the DRLs turned off when I had the fogs on. My wife liked having the DRLs during the day, though, which is why we had them programmed.

kayger12
08-03-2011, 04:01 PM
i've seen other bmw's driving around and always noticed their DRLs...always kinda thought, hmmm, i don't have those. when i took my headlights out the little open spot in the highbeam housing didn't contain a bulb? i assume that's where the DRL bulb goes? maybe one of the previous owners just took them out?

I think the hole you're talking about is the one for the euro city lights.

I believe all of our cars have drls, you just have to have them enabled via the software.

Iirc, when I turn on my fog lights the drls automatically turn off and the headlights automatically come on. I think.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.

RVAzhp
08-04-2011, 06:26 AM
well even with fogs off i have no lights? all the bulbs in the yellow bulbs do is light up when i pull the high beam lever toward me to "flash" people.

johnrando
08-04-2011, 09:52 AM
I'm fairly certain too, that you just have to program DRLs to turn on. Mine aren't, so I don't know in which setting (fogs, parking, full lights) they actually turn on with. I was under the impression that we all have them, but I can't back that up with data.

az3579
08-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Those that do not have any lights on when the car is on do not have daytime running lights enabled. Must be programmed to enable.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

STREETFIGHTER50
01-23-2014, 12:38 AM
I just bought some bulbs & never even knew about the DRLs being disabled. I thought all our cars always had em on. What does this normally cost if I want my DRLs enabled?

ELCID86
01-23-2014, 04:38 AM
I just bought some bulbs & never even knew about the DRLs being disabled. I thought all our cars always had em on. What does this normally cost if I want my DRLs enabled?
Enabled (they should be) or disabled? You can get them 'coded' off if you can find someone with the skills and equipment near you.

johnrando
01-23-2014, 08:28 AM
Def one of the Norcal mafia family can do this for you for a beverage. No need to pay for that. Post up a thread request, maybe in the CA section. I've never had DRLs on but I did put in AE's so those act as my DRLs.

iya_e46
01-28-2014, 11:02 PM
Nice car :)

imola red zhp
01-28-2014, 11:46 PM
Look great

sent by new technology DA

derbo
01-29-2014, 12:25 PM
DRL for US uses the highbeam at a lower voltage setting. It can be enabled at the dealership or using NCSexpert or ISID/SSS.

ELCID86
01-29-2014, 02:56 PM
Still not sure why you'd want DRLs on. Safety? Insurance rates? Looks??

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

danewilson77
01-29-2014, 03:58 PM
Still not sure why you'd want DRLs on. Safety? Insurance rates? Looks??

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Yes

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

johnrando
01-30-2014, 07:04 AM
I like mine (AE's) on for safety. A (relatively) low black car with nothing really reflective on the front (black grills) can be easier to overlook than other cars. Plus, I like the way they look.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

RVAzhp
03-10-2014, 11:10 PM
Not in a huge hurry to mess with DRLs. if i ever put on angel eyes i'll get those to run DRL status.