PDA

View Full Version : Happy Holidays To All

Marcus-SanDiego
12-12-2010, 08:44 AM
My Message to Everyone at ZHPMafia.com (http://www.bmw.com/com/en/insights/technology/joy/xmas_2010/index.jsp?identity=Ym13LmVjRHlyZERuR25LNUNoaU5zM00 5LzlGUT09&module=xmas_ecard_2010)

A little card for all of you guys. My message is at the end.

pyreguy
12-12-2010, 08:48 AM
Very cool! I always suspected they used euro-style license plates in the North Pole!

Happy Holidays everyone! Don't forget to buy something nice for your cars too!

bimmer848
12-12-2010, 09:18 AM
ditto!

mimalmo
12-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Merry Christmas fellas.

danewilson77
12-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Merry Christmas.

Alphatek45
12-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Very Cool, Marcus. Merry Christmas to all and a Happy healthy New Year!

az3579
12-12-2010, 04:59 PM
ditto

onepercent
12-13-2010, 01:08 PM
I like it! Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

jjcools
12-13-2010, 02:26 PM
Ditto!

Pooters
12-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Merry Christmas! Oh and seeing that SUV add reminds me of how much I want an X6 M.

az3579
12-13-2010, 06:10 PM
Merry Christmas! Oh and seeing that SUV add reminds me of how much I want an X6 M.

I can't help but shudder at the thought.
Sorry. :(

Daddyoh
12-13-2010, 09:18 PM
Thank you Marcus. Merry Christmas my friends!
My ZHP is my gift for this year, and many more;)

Marcus-SanDiego
12-13-2010, 09:21 PM
Happy Holidays, Steve.

Pooters
12-13-2010, 09:28 PM
I can't help but shudder at the thought.
Sorry. :(

I have friends to cart around. And my CI doesn't help too much with that.

Rayzah Blade
12-14-2010, 03:50 AM
I love you guys, but 'ditto' seems soo... impersonal. no offense, I know it's quick to type. But have you guys ever seen the swayze/moore movie 'ghost'? it has that same impersonal effect on me.. but seriously, I'm not trying to knock guys.. to each their own :D
Marcus, the true thanks goes to you and mister Wilson for actually taking the 'mafia' idea/thought to the next level and creating an amazing website. The member basis here is amazing, and some of my favorite/idoled members from bf.c (before I got banned, of course) are here, showing off the next best thing to an ///M (and wayyy more practical car than the ///M if I may add).
The knowledge of these guys, matched with the genuineness of the men behind the curtains are what make this site top notch. Obviously, as the years dwindle on, so will the drop in age of members who acquire such a sweet machine, and I have no doubt that any 'no0b' that joins this site will be welcomed with warm and fathering arms, ready to show them where they should search.. rather than eat up your self-providing server space :D
Thank you Marcus, and I extend a very Merry Christmas to you, and your family, and all those close to you. Feliz Navidad, all of ZHPMafia.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-14-2010, 07:12 AM
I won't speak for Dane, Matt, but your message is much appreciated.

Here's a little back story for you. On October 2, around 6 am, I registered ZHPMafia.com and a few other domain names. Not kidding, some two hours later I get a private message from Dane saying we should start ZHPMafia.com. We were both thinking the same thing without having said a word to one another.

We both agreed that ZHPMafia.com had the potential to be a great place. We both knew that it would never be as big as the other sites (which I think made both of us happy). And we knew that there was some demand for it -- even though other sites won't even provide a sub forum for ZHP owners. I think that was a mistake, by the way. There is a need for a ZHP-Mafia-type subforum. So, we moved ahead with this idea.

To this point, I have taken on the financial burden of ZHPMafia.com. But trust me that Dane is behind the scenes offering suggestions and help.

What's more, he's my first moderator for a reason. He's trustworthy, he's knowledgeable, he's respected, he's well liked by most, and he's a big ZHP fan.

Anyhow, this is likely the wrong thread for my post, so I will wrap here.

Thanks again for the well wishes, Matt.

Linh
12-14-2010, 07:30 AM
Thanks, and Happy Holidays to everyone in the family!

az3579
12-14-2010, 01:51 PM
I love you guys, but 'ditto' seems soo... impersonal. no offense, I know it's quick to type. But have you guys ever seen the swayze/moore movie 'ghost'? it has that same impersonal effect on me.. but seriously, I'm not trying to knock guys.. to each their own :D

Let me fill you in on something.
I personally cannot stand this season. I hate Christmas music, I can no longer stand the holiday itself either (because it has become so commercialized), and especially do not like saying redundant things. Saying "How are you?" "I'm fine thank you" or talking about "how someone is doing" is an example; it's the same old, same old. "Happy holidays, merry Christmas, happy this-, happy that-" falls into this category. The same old stuff drives me nuts; I want some change. Not saying anything at all is worse, IMO, so forgive me for saying "ditto". It may seem impersonal to you, but it's my attempt at just throwing it in there just to get it over with.

(And for those that are shocked but what I just posted, I don't need the "you're a scrooge" statement - I enjoy the holiday only for the time I spend with family, with everyone being together a rare occasion. That's it, not the x-mas tress [really freaking expensive x-mas trees, BTW], or the presents, or the whole Santa shebang. Family.)

And let me apologize if this seems harsh, but certain things just set me off, this holiday season being one of them. Please don't take offense to this post...

/rant

pyreguy
12-14-2010, 03:09 PM
haha ^ I feel you. Hence the Happy Holidays from me vs. all the other stuff I could have typed.

Having said that, I want seriously express my gratitude to Marcus and Dane, regardless of the season, for this site. I came from an aircooled VW background, into watercooled VW and more modern car scene only to be immediately turned off by all the forums available to me for my respective passions. When the GTI was involved in a fatal accident and I was able to get something that I have lusted after for YEARS, I was really worried about what kind of "scene" there would be and what kind of people I would come across. Having only really lurked at e46fanatics and bimmerforums, I wasn't very optimistic. While, as a whole, it seems that BMW owners are a little more on par with me in terms of a certain maturity level and respect for the machines and the people who cherish them, there were still the attitudes present that tuned me off from forums in the first place.

This site is very different. I think Rayzah's previous post was the first mention of the word noob I have seen here, and it wasn't even in a negative connotation. This place is extremely welcoming and the atmosphere is just beautiful. Its what every other forum should strive for. The fact that I found this site a WEEK after I bought my first BMW is just icing on the cake. I have learned so much here. And I never have to worry about being flamed whenever I post something goofy, as I am prone to do given my strange ass sense of humor.

It is because of ZHPMafia.com that I feel welcomed into the BMW community, a group that I wasn't even sure I would fit in with in the first place. Whenever any of you get to meet me, you will see what I mean with the long hair and tshirts and ubiquitous chuck taylors and heavy metal blaring.... In fact, when I told my friend Eli (he owns Autobahn South and builds race-cars for rich guys with an extra M3 laying around they aren't driving on the street :biggrin and tunes on the cars of the rest of us) that I found a forum that I really like spending time on, he couldn't believe it. Up until this point, I have only used the big sites to search for whatever specific I needed to know at that moment. I have a very low tolerance for drama. I am very grateful for ZHPMafia.com and I will look forward to putting stickers (which I am not a huge fan of on a clean-looking car) on my windows to show my pride at being involved with such a great group of people. Thank you all.

kayger12
12-14-2010, 03:25 PM
I personally cannot stand this season. I hate Christmas music, I can no longer stand the holiday itself either (because it has become so commercialized), and especially do not like saying redundant things. Saying "How are you?" "I'm fine thank you" or talking about "how someone is doing" is an example; it's the same old, same old. "Happy holidays, merry Christmas, happy this-, happy that-" falls into this category. The same old stuff drives me nuts; I want some change. Not saying anything at all is worse, IMO, so forgive me for saying "ditto". It may seem impersonal to you, but it's my attempt at just throwing it in there just to get it over with.

(And for those that are shocked but what I just posted, I don't need the "you're a scrooge" statement - I enjoy the holiday only for the time I spend with family, with everyone being together a rare occasion. That's it, not the x-mas tress [really freaking expensive x-mas trees, BTW], or the presents, or the whole Santa shebang. Family.)

And let me apologize if this seems harsh, but certain things just set me off, this holiday season being one of them. Please don't take offense to this post...

/rant

Ah, the passion of youth. There were times I felt the same way. Now this time of year kind of gives me a warm and fuzzy. Side effect of getting older and having kids, I guess.

My thanks to Marcus and Dane as well. This site has displaced others as my primary browsing/surfing destination.

Happy Holidays to all my fellow Mafia members.

danewilson77
12-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Ah, the passion of youth. There were times I felt the same way. Now this time of year kind of gives me a warm and fuzzy. Side effect of getting older and having kids, I guess.

My thanks to Marcus and Dane as well. This site has displaced others as my primary browsing/surfing destination.

+1.

The "Merry Christmas", "Happy Holidays", "etc..." forms of expression are to a point, and in some cases, meant to get it over with (even from me...as I am only human). When I say it to my Mom and Dad, my kids (who may not be in the house much longer), you guys here on the forum, or a guy that I determine may need a cheerful word, I definetely mean it. For those times people say, "Hi, how are you?", I understand they may not really care, but I am grateful the person was able to express themselves, and didn't rob or kill me while doing it.

Not poking anyone here (because like I said, I understand), but I also try to continuosly think about that "other person"....and not so much on self (and believe me....I have a hard time with this sometimes). Maybe that guy wasn't saying it ("Hi, how are you, Merry Christmas, etc...") to make you happy, but maybe they were saying it for them. This may seem counter-intuitive, but people will say those sorts of things because they are insecure with themselves, had a rough day at work and they are trying to dig themselves out, because they genuinely mean it, or for absolutely no reason at all. It is impossible for me to know why they said, what they said....so I try to err on the positive side, and simply think that maybe they said it for them.

As far as all of you guys go. I would literally give you guys the shirt off my back, and you have a place to stay, anytime, unannounced, if ever in need (In VA)....so Merry Christmas...hehe.

As far as Marcus goes. I can sum it up by saying he is an astute and profound leader that I am proud to be working with through this site.

As far as the site goes....well...you know the site. It's a place for us to gather and share idea's, share a new found love of parts/tools/oil/etc, share ways to save money, share ways to help maintain our cars, post pics when our cars break. We all know that, but thats not what I'm talking about. The most important thing about the site (in my eyes) is that, at anythime, there is an opportunity for release of thoughts/feelings and discussion. I have a "tank" of buddies of here, that I know I can talk to (haven't had to thus far), about anything going on in my life, weather it be wife, kids, job, finances, etc....which in itself is reassuring (just it being in the back of your mind), and probably is an assurance 80% of the Earths population doesn't have the privledge of knowing. The thought of isolation, no hobby, no fella's to "guy talk" with, etc....is frightening....since I have found the forums.

I enjoy helping, giving, and caring for each one of you, like you are my brother (or son for some of you younguns...hehe).

/

Marcus-SanDiego
12-14-2010, 07:01 PM
I'm on my iPad, at dinner. When I get home I will be responding to these posts.

az3579
12-14-2010, 07:07 PM
You have your iPad with you at dinner? lol

Marcus-SanDiego
12-14-2010, 07:08 PM
Yes. My wife does not appreciate it.

az3579
12-14-2010, 07:22 PM
And yet you continue to help her not appreciate it...

pyreguy
12-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Marcus is hardcore! Your wife is very patient and I hope she knows we appreciate her putting up with us.

danewilson77
12-14-2010, 08:22 PM
Hi Mrs Marcus!

Marcus-SanDiego
12-14-2010, 08:25 PM
My wife jokes with me. She understands my devotion to the site. She says that I am a lucky husband. I concur.

Here is a picture of my wife humoring me with a pose. Don't let her know that I posted a picture of her. She'd kill me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/marcussandiego/chooch022.jpg

pyreguy
12-14-2010, 08:31 PM
I won't say a word!;)

Marcus-SanDiego
12-14-2010, 08:33 PM

(And for those that are shocked but what I just posted, I don't need the "you're a scrooge" statement - I enjoy the holiday only for the time I spend with family, with everyone being together a rare occasion. That's it, not the x-mas trees [really freaking expensive x-mas trees, BTW], or the presents, or the whole Santa shebang. Family.)

/rant

No worries at all, Botond. You're entitled to your position. I respect it. I don't really like the commercialization of the season either.

I appreciate you being on the site. Thanks for being here.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-14-2010, 08:34 PM
I won't say a word!;)

Thank you, sir.

danewilson77
12-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Man...you guys look like you were stepping out. Where did you eat?

Marcus-SanDiego
12-14-2010, 08:38 PM
haha ^ I feel you. Hence the Happy Holidays from me vs. all the other stuff I could have typed.

Having said that, I want seriously express my gratitude to Marcus and Dane, regardless of the season, for this site. I came from an aircooled VW background, into watercooled VW and more modern car scene only to be immediately turned off by all the forums available to me for my respective passions. When the GTI was involved in a fatal accident and I was able to get something that I have lusted after for YEARS, I was really worried about what kind of "scene" there would be and what kind of people I would come across. Having only really lurked at e46fanatics and bimmerforums, I wasn't very optimistic. While, as a whole, it seems that BMW owners are a little more on par with me in terms of a certain maturity level and respect for the machines and the people who cherish them, there were still the attitudes present that tuned me off from forums in the first place.

This site is very different. I think Rayzah's previous post was the first mention of the word noob I have seen here, and it wasn't even in a negative connotation. This place is extremely welcoming and the atmosphere is just beautiful. Its what every other forum should strive for. The fact that I found this site a WEEK after I bought my first BMW is just icing on the cake. I have learned so much here. And I never have to worry about being flamed whenever I post something goofy, as I am prone to do given my strange ass sense of humor.

It is because of ZHPMafia.com that I feel welcomed into the BMW community, a group that I wasn't even sure I would fit in with in the first place. Whenever any of you get to meet me, you will see what I mean with the long hair and tshirts and ubiquitous chuck taylors and heavy metal blaring.... In fact, when I told my friend Eli (he owns Autobahn South and builds race-cars for rich guys with an extra M3 laying around they aren't driving on the street :biggrin and tunes on the cars of the rest of us) that I found a forum that I really like spending time on, he couldn't believe it. Up until this point, I have only used the big sites to search for whatever specific I needed to know at that moment. I have a very low tolerance for drama. I am very grateful for ZHPMafia.com and I will look forward to putting stickers (which I am not a huge fan of on a clean-looking car) on my windows to show my pride at being involved with such a great group of people. Thank you all.

For the record, all of the other sites started out this way too. Many of them simply grew so large that they couldn't help but get an occasional ass or two (or 1000). It happens.

Our site will likely never get that way because I won't tolerate that crap here. I'd love for people to treat each other as they would in real life. e-world thuggery is pathetic. It has no place here.

Lance, we're happy to have you here. I really enjoy your contributions to the site.

Thanks.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-14-2010, 08:41 PM

I know what you mean. I am spending so much time here that I do not have time to post on other sites. I feel like I am missing something. I'm still getting used to it.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-14-2010, 08:42 PM
As far as Marcus goes. I can sum it up by saying he is an astute and profound leader that I am proud to be working with through this site.

Sir, the feeling is mutual.

Onward and upward!

Rayzah Blade
12-14-2010, 10:00 PM
I and especially do not like saying redundant things. Saying "How are you?" "I'm fine thank you" or talking about "how someone is doing" is an example; it's the same old, same old. "Happy holidays, merry Christmas, happy this-, happy that-" falls into this category. The same old stuff drives me nuts; I want some change. Not saying anything at all is worse, IMO, so forgive me for saying "ditto". It may seem impersonal to you, but it's my attempt at just throwing it in there just to get it over with.

This seems very ironic to me.. you don't like redundancy, but think saying ditto isn't redundant?? You say you want some change, well this is your opportunity. One word replies are same old same old, so make it a little more 'you'
Though most of us don't know each other personally, I'd like to think of this and a few others forums as my family in a sense, so we're not just passerby's in line at the grocery store, or the clerk at your local staples.... so the bullcrap small talk goes right out the window here.
I'm not trying to rip on you, as I previously stated, 'to each their own'.. I just look at the members here and a few other places differently I guess.

az3579
12-15-2010, 03:03 AM
This seems very ironic to me.. you don't like redundancy, but think saying ditto isn't redundant?? You say you want some change, well this is your opportunity. One word replies are same old same old, so make it a little more 'you'

Look up to see how many times I've posted one word. That was the only one.
As I said, "to get it over with".

pyreguy
12-15-2010, 03:19 AM
:cheers

Rayzah Blade
12-15-2010, 03:30 AM
Look up to see how many times I've posted one word. That was the only one.
As I said, "to get it over with".

I'm not trying to argue here, you seem to be getting defensive.
I was referring to the word 'ditto' being used in this thread in general.. you repeating it after someone else said it makes it redundant.
If your feelings are really just to 'get it over with'.. why post anything at all? I certainly don't want you to feel obligated or forced to care about our holidays/cheer.
As I said.. to each their own, why do you keep pushing it?

Rayzah Blade
12-15-2010, 03:31 AM
:cheers

agreed!!
Cheers fella!!!

Marcus-SanDiego
12-15-2010, 07:15 AM
Guys, let's move on.

bimmer848
12-15-2010, 01:38 PM
since i was the first to say it, i digress..
Merry Christmas and happy holidays! this is my first season with my little daughter and it has brought some life back into it for me. Familia, as previously stated make this time what it is. Happy, Happy. Joy,Joy!!!

Slainte!

Marcus-SanDiego
12-15-2010, 01:42 PM
Glad to hear about you and your daughter bonding, Bimmer!

bimmer848
12-15-2010, 01:48 PM
she's the bee's knees!

Marcus-SanDiego
12-15-2010, 02:05 PM
Ahh, she's cute. Congrats!

danewilson77
12-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Dude....is that a BMW binky?

bimmer848
12-15-2010, 05:42 PM
no binkies!