PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: BMW Z4 Wheels (& tires) for DC area CL $850

BCS_ZHP
08-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Saw these in the local CL -- would these fit on a ZHP? Could be a sweet look.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/pts/2526137403.html

Hornung418
08-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Saw that the other day. I wish I had $850 to drop on a set of Rims :(

danewilson77
08-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Should fit...but close in rear.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Hornung418
08-09-2011, 05:39 PM
The buyer would need to run some negative camber. Some Adjustable Lower Rear Control Arms should do the trick, right?

M0nk3y
08-09-2011, 05:55 PM
WAY OVERPRICED.

Z4M Wheels are dirt cheap.

I picked up an extra set for autocrossing for $500 with TPMS already on them. They didn't have tires, but since those need replace and suck anyways...it's not worth it. Mine also have no curb rash, and 1 chip. I talked him down from $600.

You're going to have aggressive fitment in rear...that's M3 offset.

Get on zpost and you will see a ton of these for sale. Everyone wants to get rid of them.

w/out TPMS, but you see how cheap these are:

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528013

$350

Hornung418
08-09-2011, 06:06 PM
What are the better options Kyle? i.e. OEMs that are wider/lighter/cheaper or any combo of the three, for your Z4MC.

M0nk3y
08-09-2011, 06:19 PM
What are the better options Kyle? i.e. OEMs that are wider/lighter/cheaper or any combo of the three, for your Z4MC.

It would be nice to have wheels that are lighter, and as always cheaper ;)

The stock widths are perfect, because they are wide enough to fit the widest tire under these fenders. If I was to go aftermarket (like VMR) I'd have to run spaces for proper fitment. When you add spacers though, it induces extra stress on the strut components under hard driving.

As well, for Stock Classes, you must be the same offset specs as OEM wheels if you do decide to go aftermarket; so I didn't want to add spacers and produce more stress.

So buying OEM wheels that can be beaten on versus replicas that may bent or fail...i went with the cheaper and smarter choice for my applications. I took alot of heat from random people asking me why I'd buy the same wheels, but they are being mounted and taken off prior and after autocrossing events. I'm thinking of painting them a ridiculous neon color once I destroy the finish.

With that being said, I just placed an order for Hankook RS3s (245 fronts and 275 rears). Which just happens to be the max spec you can fit on the wheel and the max spec you can fit under the fender :)

Hope that rant makes sense

Hornung418
08-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Totally. These are perfect for your application. But this set in particular is way over-priced.

Good info on the spacers.

Plus one on the 'ridiculous neon color.' That's the plan for my 44s.

jayjay_dee
08-10-2011, 08:25 AM
so, anyone has those rims on their ZHP? pics would be nice....