PDA

View Full Version : ZHPMafia.com: Weekend Traffic Report (December 11 and 12)

Marcus-SanDiego
12-13-2010, 07:13 AM
Since launching this site, something has become very obvious. Site traffic is normally down on weekends. We've all got better things to do -- and we're not in front of our computers all day.

But this past weekend, December 11 and December 12, blew away previous weekend traffic. What's more, yesterday we enjoyed the third-highest day ever for page views. Indeed, Sunday's page views were up 78% from the week-ago period and they were up 51% from the day before (Saturday). In all, we had 6,609 page views for the weekend.

That is all.

Thanks for your continued support of the site. And thanks for being the best members ever.

nk_zhp
12-13-2010, 08:38 AM
You know what they say, if you build it they will come. Kudos to you for plunging in.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-13-2010, 08:48 AM
Thanks, nk.

pyreguy
12-13-2010, 05:35 PM
Yeah I was just sitting at home drinking friday, recovering after a helluva week at work, so I spent plenty of time just sitting at my computer :biggrin

danewilson77
12-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the report bro.

Anyway to break down page views by non-members?

I wanna know who's viewing our turf.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-13-2010, 05:55 PM
No way to do it, DW.

danewilson77
12-13-2010, 06:01 PM
Dang....that would be some cool data though. You coulda just told me that we had line 28,000 non member views just so I woulda wet myself....hehe

Marcus-SanDiego
12-13-2010, 06:03 PM
Haha. It measures traffic by looking at IP addresses. No way for me to isolate members and nonmembers with the tracking services I use.

danewilson77
12-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Ok...no worries.

Rayzah Blade
12-14-2010, 04:05 AM
there is an algorithm you can use to determine which IP addreses have frequented the site regularly, say like Mr. Wilson's or GR330's. vs new IP addresses that show up on a one time/random tanget. but it's a bit of work. Glad to see the traffic regardless!! Almost on page 1 of google/yahoo search!!!

Quick ?/idea.. I know a lot of sites use sponsors to keep costs down on a personal basis, this being new, and knowing how much larger forums charge (bf.c is I believe around $400 a month for sponsorship) do you think that, as the site gains popularity, and in turn server relocation/upgrading.. we could bring some of the better known guys (to mind comes Ray aka Smilez87, Nick @ Jlevi and Khoa) to pay just a chip shot of what they pay to the other forums to get some A. money provided out of pocket back to you (not saying you need it, but it's nice to have) and B. to offer some of the current/newcoming members a chance to get discounted parts, and C. get a larger word of mouth spread to the community.
I know a lot of our members have a great deal of loyalty when it comes to buying from certain vendors, and it sure would be nice to get some of the better respected/known vendors a part of what you have going on here. I'll order from a small group of companies for the duration of my ownership of my e46, and I know quite a few members here feel the same way. Just a small thought/hope/idea/hope/question/hope. Hope :D

Marcus-SanDiego
12-14-2010, 07:02 AM
Khoa and I have already struck a deal. I am just waiting for him to make some ads.

As for the rest of those guys, I am all for it. The only difference in my thinking is that I do not like charging a monthly fee for advertising. Instead, I like the affiliate model. It seems fair for everyone. If no one from my site buys something from advertisers, then I don't receive any remuneration. If members from the site do buy something, then I do get a commission.

I'm very much open to advertising relationships here at ZHPMafia.com. However, because we are small here, the advertisers may have no interest in aligning themselves with us. Maybe as we get bigger, they'll be interested.

Khoa liked the idea of being on the ground floor of a new opportunity, which is why he wants to be here. Of course, he's also a close friend and he wants to see the site succeed, too.

So, different strokes for different folks. I'm reaching out to several people right now, Matt. We'll see what pans out.

For the record, I have already talked with Tischer. They're not entering into any new ad relationships for the rest of the year. We'll revisit the possible hookup in January. Evan is a good guy and I'd like to do biz with him and Jason.