PDA

View Full Version : Rotor and pad cost?

Katu
08-20-2011, 02:21 PM
Took my wheels off today to measure my rotors and check my pads. Looks like my rotors are within .1-.2mm of the 'minimum thickness' rating (front: 23.4mm and rear: 20.4mm iirc).

I have an idea of who I want to buy from, but just wondering how much you guys paid for a full set of rotors and pads (front AND rear). I plan to stick with OEM parts.

Thanks for any price input! :)

BCS_ZHP
08-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Katu,
Hit up Smilez on this forum, he can get you a great deal on a full set of OEM. I'm pulling this from a foggy memory, but F&R OEM rotors & ceramic pads was just over 3 C notes. (The ceramic pads will cut down on your brake dust with no difference in performance, unless you take it on the track, then you might notice a little bit.)

I bought slotted & drilled rotors with ceramic pads from him, and the total was less than 4 C notes.

aurelius
08-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Consider this: http://www.ecstuning.com/ES2215444/?utm_source=emailcampaign&utm_medium=marketing&utm_content=retail&utm_campaign=ES2215444

(which has got to be the E46 screaming deal of the summer)

Very thorough package, tho fronts only. Speaking of which, if it's your front rotors that have worn thin, your rears are likely still in good shape.

danewilson77
08-20-2011, 02:49 PM
Ray can hook you up for about $400. Rotors, pads, lines, fluid...and that's for front and rear.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

aurelius
08-24-2011, 08:23 AM
Ray can hook you up for about $400. Rotors, pads, lines, fluid...and that's for front and rear.

Ray = Smilez?

Is he selling Original BMW rotors & pads or...?

danewilson77
08-24-2011, 09:13 AM
Ray = Smilez?

Is he selling Original BMW rotors & pads or...?

I think he carries Brembo as well as Centrix and.....? Shoot him a PM.

BCS_ZHP
08-24-2011, 10:07 AM
I just installed a set of slotted & drilled rotors with PBR ceramic pads on the ZHP last night, all of it from Ray. The rotor boxes were plain white & unmarked. I also have a set of slotted Brembos for the wagon and while these looked very similar, I don't think the rotors were Brembos. The PBR pads, I like them much better than the Hawks I had installed previously - better quality, better fit, better price.

rickflairne
10-10-2011, 03:46 PM
I just installed a set of slotted & drilled rotors with PBR ceramic pads on the ZHP last night, all of it from Ray. The rotor boxes were plain white & unmarked. I also have a set of slotted Brembos for the wagon and while these looked very similar, I don't think the rotors were Brembos. The PBR pads, I like them much better than the Hawks I had installed previously - better quality, better fit, better price.

Just wondering, were drilled and slotted rotors fully drilled on the rears or merely dimpled? Got mine in the mail today and the rears are not drilled through the same as the fronts.
Sorry for thread jacking.

HokieZHP
10-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Can anyone verify the minimum rotor thickness for F&R? I'm going home this weekend and wanted to check mine.

danewilson77
10-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Just wondering, were drilled and slotted rotors fully drilled on the rears or merely dimpled? Got mine in the mail today and the rears are not drilled through the same as the fronts.

What rotors did you get?

Can anyone verify the minimum rotor thickness for F&R? I'm going home this weekend and wanted to check mine.

Rotor thickness spec is stamped on the rotor hats.....

HokieZHP
10-10-2011, 04:20 PM
Rotor thickness spec is stamped on the rotor hats.....

Oh...thanks haha

rickflairne
10-10-2011, 10:42 PM
What rotors did you get?

I bought a set from so&so

danewilson77
10-11-2011, 01:32 AM
I bought a set from Ray

Ok. I would pm Ray, with your specific question, for your specific brand of rotors.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Smilez
10-14-2011, 11:31 AM

yes, rear rotors on zhp (for centricparts.com rotors) are dimpled.