PDA

View Full Version : PS hoses, should i replace all of them?

Jlastor
08-29-2011, 04:26 AM
So i was in the process of replacing my power steering reservoir and I noticed that my return hose was leaking. I am taking the car to the shop in a couple of minutes, but I want to know if you guys recommend changing anything else. I mean, does it mean that all the other hoses are also about to go bad, or could the return hose be a common problem that does not happen regularly with other components/hoses? I would not like to have to take the car back in a couple of month for the same thing; i prefer changing everything once.

What about fluid? I was using the CHF 11S from Pentosin. I was told that this is the proper fluid for modern BMW's. That I should not use the red ATF since it was too thick and could lead to future rack and pinion problems. This green can and green fluid even has BMW, Audi/VW, Posche, and Bentley parts number in the side of the can; so I think the shop that instructed me in using it was correct.

Oli77
08-29-2011, 10:05 AM
Interested in what others think because I also have a seeping power steering hose.

My knee jerk reaction would be to change the hoses not just the one that is leaking.

Not sure about the fluid.

danewilson77
08-29-2011, 10:09 AM
Interested in what others think because I also have a seeping power steering hose.

My knee jerk reaction would be to change the hoses not just the one that is leaking.

Not sure about the fluid.

Pita.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT