PDA

View Full Version : Problems with my passenger side mirror - Won't look down.

quikryptonite
08-30-2011, 08:37 AM
I've poked around the web for some hints/tips on this subject, but I can't seem to find a good lead.

The other day, Sunday I think, my passenger side mirror stopped tilting down (to see the curb/road) when I shift into reverse. I hadn't realized how much I enjoy this feature until it stopped working.

Did I accidentally bump a button? Is it really broken? TIA.

quikryptonite
08-30-2011, 08:41 AM
I just found a thread on an M3 forum. Sounds like the mirror adjustor needs to be in the passenger position. Does that sound right to you guys?

http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=229405

telijah
08-30-2011, 08:48 AM
That is correct... or the driver side... I cannot remember which.

aurelius
08-30-2011, 08:54 AM
Driver's side position on e46. Slide it over to psgr side when you don't want the auto-tilt.

FYI: this changed in newer models but I don't recall specifics.

johnrando
08-30-2011, 08:56 AM
It's one or the other, lol. I forget on mine, think it's drivers. Of course, try each. Also, one time mine wasn't working due to the mirror not being seated correctly, so that could be it too.

telijah
08-30-2011, 11:08 AM
It's one or the other, lol. I forget on mine, think it's drivers. Of course, try each. Also, one time mine wasn't working due to the mirror not being seated correctly, so that could be it too.

What was the symptom of it not being seated correctly? Not moving at all...? Or only moving very slightly...?