PDA

View Full Version : Got my cars maintenance record. HELP!

Jlastor
09-01-2011, 01:27 PM
So i was able to get from both my dad and my dad mechanic the complete record of maintenance (from 52k miles till now 86k). The thing is that I will list here what was done and at which millage so that you can tell me if I'm ok for the next 20k miles. I was going to order the ECS level 2 cooling kit, but I think I could just buy the things I'm missing.

at 68k miles:
-spark plugs
-fuel filter
-coolant reservoir
-radiator thermostat

at 74k miles:
-idler pulley
-belt tensioner pulley
-thermostat and housing
-accessory belt

plus all the regular oil/filter changes, my dad used to change it every 6k miles with Mobil 1.

My question is, should I buy any of this things again, or should I simply buy whats missing from the ECS kit? I would then buy the kit completely at 120k miles.

Anything else not on the list/ecs that I should buy? I did all my suspension/bushings/tie rod about a month ago, so I'm good in that department.

Thanks for any kind of help!!

danewilson77
09-01-2011, 02:01 PM
NOW:
Buy AC tensioner, coolant overhaul kit (sell the expansion tank), TB power steering flush, tranny and diff fluids.

@ 100k miles:
Brakes (pads/rotors/fluid flush) and suspension (To include CAB's, endlinks, tie rods, and shock/strut), and vanos.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

billschusteriv
09-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Depends if you can get kit or individual parts cheaper. I'm thinking the kit is probably the route to go.

Brake fluid is every 2 years or 30k. Unless you have ATE Blue - then annually.

NOW:
Buy AC tensioner, coolant overhaul kit (sell the expansion tank), TB power steering flush, tranny and diff fluids.

Looks like you already had tstat and housing done too... can sell with expansion tank.