PDA

View Full Version : Caseywithers.com -- Congrats, Casey, on Launching the new Site

Marcus-SanDiego
09-03-2011, 11:11 PM
I love the clean look, sir. Very professional looking.

http://www.caseywithers.com

Looking forward to watching you go to the next level.

And thanks for taking care of the Mafia. We appreciate it.

Oli77
09-04-2011, 05:42 AM
Looks very good Casey, 180 degrees on the background and clean lines. (reminds me a tad of Picassa - don't know why).

Marcus-SanDiego
09-04-2011, 07:39 AM
Good call, Oli. Does look like Picassa. I think it's the color scheme.

C Withers Media
09-04-2011, 09:33 AM
Thank you very much guys. It's very hard for me to put into words the time, effort, energy, and dedication to building what I have to where it is today......and I am just getting started.

This current website/online portfolio is the culmination of 2 years of dedicated shooting which continues on daily. It is the culmination of 4 years since first picking up a dSLR and thinking I was good (knowing I wasn't). It is also a launching point for the start of where things are headed. As has been said by Mark before, everything I do is a calculated and thought out decision. From the order of the photos, to the grouping of the photos, to wording used, to decisions to protect a clients identity or not, to color schemes, to fonts and beyond. This was not ill contrived. This is the next stepping stone for what is happening in my business and allows me to progress even farther with less resistance. This site is not in its infancy stages, it was launched as teenager. It will continue to grow until it gets to the point that mom kicks it out of the house so to speak. Content will be updated and recycled as appropriate and as I improve, but this site is an accurate stamp of who I am as a photographer.

I do also need to give an extra special thank you to ZHPMafia member RoverT, without whom, this website would have been a far cry from what it has become at launch. He was there to help me, the same way I try to be here to help out the Mafia. His logo creations on short notice were nothing short of incredible, especially considering he put major clients projects on hold to create the logo I am now using to market both myself, and my website. In addition, not only did he create the current logo, he created 7 or 8 different variations which is something I greatly appreciated. As I said before, I like choices so I can make calculated decisions. Trevor, that said, thank you very much.

UdubBadger
09-04-2011, 12:29 PM
Casey the site looks great. I'm still finishing my BFA in DigiPhotography right now but it'll be time to do the same thing pretty soon for me too.

Right now I'm just using free stuff on Wix but I don't really keep it updated.

static667
09-04-2011, 01:51 PM
I took a quick look at it this morning and I think its a major win. Its clean and well organized. Navigation is easy, which is always a big thing with me.

Sent from my rooted Fascinate using Tapatalk.

Ryans323i
09-04-2011, 02:01 PM
4 years! You've only been doing this for only 4 years!?!? My mind was just blown. Oh, and your new website is spot on. Clean over all design, awesome examples of your talent and great navigability. Congrats.

johnrando
09-04-2011, 05:22 PM
I love the clean look, sir. Very professional looking.

http://www.caseywithers.com

Looking forward to watching you go to the next level.

And thanks for taking care of the Mafia. We appreciate it.

+1, Love the clean look!

danewilson77
09-05-2011, 06:31 AM
I was wondering when I might be able to sport a couple of "c withers media" or "caseywithers.com" car stickers in my hoffmeister kink?

M0nk3y
09-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Congrats Casey, truly an inspiration for people to follow

C Withers Media
09-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Casey the site looks great. I'm still finishing my BFA in DigiPhotography right now but it'll be time to do the same thing pretty soon for me too.

Right now I'm just using free stuff on Wix but I don't really keep it updated.

My old sites were on something similar. Keep up the great shots.

I took a quick look at it this morning and I think its a major win. Its clean and well organized. Navigation is easy, which is always a big thing with me.

Sent from my rooted Fascinate using Tapatalk.

Thanks, and the cleanliness was a key for me as well.

4 years! You've only been doing this for only 4 years!?!? My mind was just blown. Oh, and your new website is spot on. Clean over all design, awesome examples of your talent and great navigability. Congrats.

Yeah, 4 years. I still learn something new everyday. Countless hours of research, reading, watching videos and real world application are what I have been doing...There is no magic formula, there is no piece of magical equipment, it always comes down to fundamental skill sets and the ability to apply them in varying situations, and that requires nothing more than hard work and dedication......Remember, I rarely ever get to choose a location for a client, so I have to have the knowledge and ability to deal with what is thrown at me, and the consistency to do a great job everytime.

+1, Love the clean look!

Thanks John.

I was wondering when I might be able to sport a couple of "c withers media" or "caseywithers.com" car stickers in my hoffmeister kink?

Probably not headed that direction Dane, but if anything changes and I look to start marketing that way, I will get you one for sure.

Congrats Casey, truly an inspiration for people to follow

Thanks, I hope people are out carving their own paths in life and doing what truly brings them happiness. I have found mine. It is very rewarding to know that if nothing else people can take a look at one of my works and have it elicit a response. Good, bad, happy or sad. The thing about my photos that I like the most is that they make me feel good. They create a happiness for me. If you are doing it for any other reason, get out now. Sure money is involved now, but that isn't the reason I started nor will it ever be the reason I continue.

danewilson77
09-05-2011, 05:21 PM

Bump.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Marcus-SanDiego
09-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Dane, Casey wrote this in a post above:

"Probably not headed that direction Dane, but if anything changes and I look to start marketing that way, I will get you one for sure."

Hornung418
09-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Casey, the site is soooooo clean! Only complaint is the white text in the homepage thumbs. I find it hard to read. But the layout and the flow is great!

Congratulations on the next step!

danewilson77
09-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Dane, Casey wrote this in a post above:

"Probably not headed that direction Dane, but if anything changes and I look to start marketing that way, I will get you one for sure."

Ahhh...totally missed it. Thanks Boss.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

billschusteriv
09-06-2011, 11:02 AM
Very nice site, Casey. Clean and profession. Digging the progression.