VA//M3
09-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Standalone TIS 2007 ENG/GER release.

To Download:

Create a FREE account for yourself at http://www.4shared.com/

To Install:

Once downloaded uncompress the archive
Mount the .iso

Go to *\INSTALL\ENGLISH\STANDALO for install instructions.

TIS-07-ENG/GER (http://www.4shared.com/folder/2En2wNb0/TIS-07-ENG.html)

Password: zhptis

http://www.ecarfuture.com/small%20bmw%20tis%201.jpg

danewilson77
09-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Is this so one might be able to set up their own stand alone computer with DIS?

VA//M3
09-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Is this so one might be able to set up their own stand alone computer with DIS?

This is a standalone TIS install; It will run natively on Windows. Just as any other application.

However, It can also be used to install TIS unto a GT1 VM.

danewilson77
09-05-2011, 01:22 PM
This is a standalone TIS install; It will run natively on Windows. Just as any other application.

However, It can also be used to install TIS unto a DIS VM.

OK...sounds good. Make sure you "dumb down" what you're talking about so I can understand.

Thanks for doing this.

VA//M3
09-05-2011, 01:28 PM
OK...sounds good. Make sure you "dumb down" what you're talking about so I can understand.

Thanks for doing this.

NP! Boss!

:mafia

az3579
09-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Dane, just FYI:
TIS ≠ DIS.
DIS is the diagnostic software. TIS is the information system.

johnrando
09-06-2011, 09:45 PM
So what does having your own TIS system do for you?

az3579
09-07-2011, 01:38 AM
So what does having your own TIS system do for you?

Consider it to be your own do-all guide to how to fix stuff on BMWs covered up to that year. You get repair procedures, torque specs, special tool listings, etc.

cakM3
09-10-2011, 04:51 PM
That's awesome that you guys are sharing information like this :thumbsup

VA//M3
09-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Has anyone got it up and running?

Hermes
09-10-2011, 05:45 PM
i cant get the download to start... keeps prompting me to sign up/pay

VA//M3
09-10-2011, 06:31 PM
i cant get the download to start... keeps prompting me to sign up/pay

:mafia

Crap,

http://i.imgur.com/teh0Z.png

It looks like you will have to create a free account and THEN download the file.

Sorry guys.

Anyone using USENET?

ryankokesh
09-10-2011, 07:00 PM
Anyone using USENET?

uh, no one uses that, ...right? cough. wink. buurp.

danewilson77
09-10-2011, 07:05 PM
uh, no one uses that, ...right? cough. wink. buurp.

Fart

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Hermes
09-10-2011, 07:19 PM
It looks like you will have to create a free account and THEN download the file.

got it, downloading now. thanks bro

ryankokesh
09-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Fart

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

well that's just plain rude.

Hermes
09-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Has anyone got it up and running?

ok, so i got it downloaded and mounted onto a disc. followed the instructions up to this point then nothing happens:

Insert the TIS CD and run the setup program
Befor you can install TIS you have to install the administration tool „sysadm“. Please
insert the TIS CD in the CD-ROM Drive and open the explorer program. Please open
the directory "[CDROM]:\win95\bmw\tis" and execute the setup program „setup.exe“.
You can do this with a double click on the program icon.

1. Select installation language
Please select the language in which you want to continue your installation. This is only
the language for the installation program. During the installation of TIS you can select
the language for the application.

So where it says you have to run "sysadm" first, it wont run. i click it and it wont recognize the filetype. If i just click setup, the choose language comes up but nothing works after that.

Hornung418
09-10-2011, 11:04 PM
I've had this for a year. Got it from a fellow member at bf.c. It has proven super useful in my experiences with the car.

VA//M3
09-11-2011, 01:06 PM
ok, so i got it downloaded and mounted onto a disc. followed the instructions up to this point then nothing happens:

Insert the TIS CD and run the setup program
Befor you can install TIS you have to install the administration tool „sysadm“. Please
insert the TIS CD in the CD-ROM Drive and open the explorer program. Please open
the directory "[CDROM]:\win95\bmw\tis" and execute the setup program „setup.exe“.
You can do this with a double click on the program icon.

1. Select installation language
Please select the language in which you want to continue your installation. This is only
the language for the installation program. During the installation of TIS you can select
the language for the application.

So where it says you have to run "sysadm" first, it wont run. i click it and it wont recognize the filetype. If i just click setup, the choose language comes up but nothing works after that.

It can get confusing.

Basically, after doing the first install look for a blue icon on your desktop called sysadm. Open it up and use the menu bar to install TIS. Also, TIS won't install on 64 bit operating systems.

Hermes
09-11-2011, 02:36 PM
damnit i have 64bit... oh well

VA//M3
09-11-2011, 04:37 PM
damnit i have 64bit... oh well

Same here,

I've got it installed on my BMW laptop running windows xp.

Hermes
09-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Same here,

I've got it installed on my BMW laptop running windows xp.

wait, you have it running on a 64 bit OS?

VA//M3
09-11-2011, 04:44 PM
wait, you have it running on a 64 bit OS?

No, My desktop is 64 bit and so is my work laptop. I have a separate dell D630 loaded up with windows xp, dis, standalone TIS.

Hermes
09-11-2011, 04:47 PM
got it...

95m3ltw
09-18-2011, 11:20 PM
This might be helpful to some, TIS online though it does NOT have all the procedures like having TIS locally on a drive.

http://tis.spaghetticoder.org/

Also, to those that havent used TIS before, it is not a step by step manual written for the average weekend mechanic. It is written with a assumption of basic automotive training so they do skip steps and make generic suggestions etc. So just keep that in mind and dont think it replaces a good manual like a Bentley for those that only want it for shade tree repairs. Though, for the most part it has all the information needed to tackle most repairs.

VA//M3
09-19-2011, 09:17 AM
This might be helpful to some, TIS online though it does NOT have all the procedures like having TIS locally on a drive.

http://tis.spaghetticoder.org/

Also, to those that havent used TIS before, it is not a step by step manual written for the average weekend mechanic. It is written with a assumption of basic automotive training so they do skip steps and make generic suggestions etc. So just keep that in mind and dont think it replaces a good manual like a Bentley for those that only want it for shade tree repairs. Though, for the most part it has all the information needed to tackle most repairs.

I would also add for those who understand basic automotive theory and or have enough experience to only need basic BMW platform and engine specific processes for convenience, visualizing the steps and therefore getting the job done correctly, efficiently and quickly with minimum effort and maximum return in mind-- TIS is more than sufficient.

I've also found that spaghetticoder is missing tons of data by comparison.