PDA

View Full Version : For Sale : 2005 BMW 330iCi ZHP : $20K : Silver Grey/Blk Alcan/Alum Cube : Winter Pkg : Manual : 62K Miles : Portland

e34slt
09-06-2011, 06:29 AM
Hi all,
Here's a Cars.com listing:
Color appears to be Silver Grey. Sorry, I have 'Silver' in the subject line...maybe Marcus can edit that (TIA).
Somebody needs to teach this seller how to focus his camera....every single picture is out of focus - amazing that someone would post pics like that...what is he/she thinking...or smoking? :-)

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=usedcc&csDlId=&csDgId=&listingId=68541430&listingRecNum=10&criteria=prMx%3D20000%26sf1Dir%3DDESC%26prMn%3D0%2 6mkId%3D20005%26stkTyp%3DU%26mdId%3D20409%26rd%3D1 00000%26crSrtFlds%3DstkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-mdId-pseudoPrice%26zc%3D33301%26rn%3D0%26PMmt%3D1-1-0%26stkTypId%3D28881%26sf2Dir%3DASC%26sf1Nm%3Dpric e%26sf2Nm%3Dmiles%26isDealerGrouping%3Dfalse%26rpp %3D50%26feedSegId%3D28705&aff=national

webster
09-06-2011, 09:07 AM
this one's been listed for a few months...not sure what the deal is. maybe price is firm and he's being patient.

nice looking car, crappy pics notwithstanding. i wish mine had the silver cube...contrasts beautifully with the black dash/upholstery

e34slt
09-06-2011, 09:40 AM
this one's been listed for a few months...not sure what the deal is. maybe price is firm and he's being patient.

nice looking car, crappy pics notwithstanding. i wish mine had the silver cube...contrasts beautifully with the black dash/upholstery

Agree...it's probably my favorite color and interior combo too.
The Carfax looks good - the 2 previous owners (Cali) apparently took the car to just 2 BMW dealers for regular services. The car was bought by a dealer right around the time that the INS-II was due. Any buyer needs to verify if the expensive INS-II has been done or not, and factor that into the price. I would be looking to pay around $16.5 for this in a private-party sale if the car looks really clean, and if the INS-II has been done...and I would deduct a grand if it hasn't. Of course buying it through a dealer, they have to make something on the car.

tracerit
09-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Sucks that the price is $20k set in stone. He did say the FCABs were replaced and an oil change performed.

e34slt
09-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Sucks that the price is $20k set in stone. He did say the FCABs were replaced and an oil change performed.

Well, one bright spot cost-wise, is that if a buyer buys it and titles it in Oregon - there is no sales tax...which could be a savings of as much as $1,500 over some other locales. My understanding is that after that original titling and paying a nominal registration fee (in Oregon)...one could re-register the car in a different state of residence a year later, and get around the sales tax...since the new state wouldn't consider the registration transfer a 'sale'. A bit of a pain...but might be worth it.

tracerit
09-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Well, one bright spot cost-wise, is that if a buyer buys it and titles it in Oregon - there is no sales tax...which could be a savings of as much as $1,500 over some other locales. My understanding is that after that original titling and paying a nominal registration fee (in Oregon)...one could re-register the car in a different state of residence a year later, and get around the sales tax...since the new state wouldn't consider the registration transfer a 'sale'. A bit of a pain...but might be worth it.

wouldn't i need to be a resident for Oregon for a certain amount of time? As much as I would love a silver gray ZHP, I have a possible deal on a black ZHP with 55k miles for $19k going on. some guy is also offering $19.5k shipped for an 04 m3 in silver grey as well, decisions decisions...