PDA

View Full Version : ZHP Registry -- Now Live

Pages : [1] 2

Marcus-SanDiego
10-31-2010, 11:07 AM
BMW ZHP Registry Site (http://www.zhpregistry.net/)

From the site's front page:

"Welcome to ZHPRegistry.net - a website for ZHP enthusiasts by ZHP enthusiasts. Our mission is simple: register as many ZHPs as possible to get a better understanding of the population size and breakdown by various options. Submitted VINs are not associated with your personal information, including e-mail address. Please read our privacy policy for more information."

I like the idea of not having to provide personal information. Fact is, I think many people refrain from participating in registries when they have to provide too much identifying information. I believe ZHPRegistry.net's approach will be perfect.

admin
10-31-2010, 11:09 AM
We can do a manual one in HTML - very labor intensive, lemme continue to research this - hopefully the CMS package might have something we can plug-in.

Marcus-SanDiego
10-31-2010, 11:12 AM
OK. Let me know. I agree that it will be labor intensive. If you figure it out, I can do all of the inputting, etc.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-02-2010, 08:54 AM
Guys, I would like to do this ZHP Registry. However, look at the notes between me and admin back in October.

Does anyone have the know-how or background to help facilitate this? If you look at the M registry, you can see how they've done it: http://www.bmwmregistry.com/registry.php

kayger12
12-02-2010, 09:06 AM
Sorry-- can't help with facilitating, but I think it's a great idea.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-02-2010, 09:09 AM
Yep. You can see that my admin and I started bouncing the idea around in October. Just had other things going on. It's on our "to do" list. We have a lot of those!

nk_zhp
12-02-2010, 10:53 AM
Hey guys, I am new here from the E46fanatics board. I posted there recently regarding a ZHP registry and was quickly point to this thread. I am in process of doing this now, the actual software will probably be ready in the next 30-40 days. The next step is hosting arrangements. In the interim we can discuss various ideas here.

Alphatek45
12-02-2010, 10:55 AM
Problem solved? Nice.

gr330zhp
12-02-2010, 10:55 AM
I was gonna post the M registry link too. It would be cool to have one to see where they all are

Another example just to get ideas...MkIV GLI registry

http://gli.ntalekt.com/

Marcus-SanDiego
12-02-2010, 11:02 AM
Hey guys, I am new here from the E46fanatics board. I posted there recently regarding a ZHP registry and was quickly point to this thread. I am in process of doing this now, the actual software will probably be ready in the next 30-40 days. The next step is hosting arrangements. In the interim we can discuss various ideas here.

nk, I am computer illiterate when it comes to this stuff. But we can host the registry here. My host is MediaTemple.net. The vBulletin software has editorial capabilities. I have it hidden at this point, though, since I am focusing on the forum.

I prefer the layout of the M registry. I know the owner of the site. I could ask him how he did it (if we need to know).

Let's keep the dialogue going here. I am open to anything and everything.

Nk, were you thinking of something different? Were you planning to host the registry on your own site?

gr330zhp
12-02-2010, 11:06 AM
I like where this thread is going :)

nk_zhp
12-02-2010, 11:22 AM
Here are a couple of thoughts:

1. I think for this work well we need to enforce true anonymity. I am a member of the M registry myself since I own an E30 M3, but what I do not like about it is the tie between car's VIN and a person. In fact if I had to think about it again, I might have not registered. For example in the case of the E30 M3, there were 5000 units imported to US, while the registry holds information of ~700 cars (worldwide, not US only). That a pretty good penetration but I think if the system was truly anonymous they would have records of more cars.

2. In short my thoughts are as follows, a user enters a VIN, production month/year, color, i/Ci/Cic, Manua/Auto, Leather/Alcantara. The entry starts off with "unverified" state. The VIN then is checked to make sure that this is a 330 car, to eliminate any hoky entries. If we can have a dealer hook up to check the actual ZHP option code on that car then we will be even better off. After the check is done the car will be in verified state.

3. As time goes by we can generate custom reports and filters. You can literally get totals by color, tranny, option, year or a combo of any of those. The goal isn't just to have a list of VINs, but an aggregate information.

I basically want to make the system in a way that attracts people to add VINs, without worrying that later somehow their ownership of this car can be traced. M registry style approach works for a very limited production cars. For example if there was a list of McLarenF1 owners, yeah sure it's very exclusive so a list works. ZHP's aren't gold dust... there are fairly common, the collective numbers in my opinion are more of an interest than the fact that screen name "jack_the_poopies" has the car WBA234234v.....

In terms of hosting... I am open to anything. To avoid disclosing too much info we should probably pm each other on the technology used for this and if your provider can satisfy it. Initially I was going to subscribe to a new hosting company but all of this can be changed going forward.

What do you guys think? I too am open to ideas.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-02-2010, 11:33 AM
First, I like the idea of being anonymous. That's something I would have struggled with at M registry. I was close to pulling the trigger on an E30 M3 recently. I didn't like the idea of broadcasting my name and VIN to the world. Thus, I think we're on the same page here.

Second, I think we have the VIN/option list thing covered. I have a friend who runs an indy BMW shop. He has access to service records, etc. Not sure how burdensome this would be on him, though. Would not want to abuse that. However, there is also a service that BMW AG runs via email. You give them the VIN number and they send you back a report with all of your options. Turnaround time is about 24-48 hours.

VIN decoders will easily confirm that the car is a 330 -- or isn't. That's simple enough. See here: http://www.decodethis.com/

I think it might make sense for my admin to talk with you about the technology-feasibility issues.

Feel free, though, to shoot me a PM.

nk_zhp
12-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Excellent.

ok, I am going to spend the upcoming week on some prototypes. Let's try to catch up in a week or two, we can discuss the hosting details then as well.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Execellent.

ok, I am going to spend the upcoming week on some prototypes. Let's try to catch up in a week or two, we can discuss the hosting details then as well.

Excellent. Hit me up on PM when you're ready.

Mtnman
12-02-2010, 12:27 PM
im game. Do it!

pyreguy
12-02-2010, 12:34 PM
I was thinking about this a couple days ago. I like that y'all actually have the skills to pull this off!

And I am all about anonymity.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-02-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm excited about the possibilities of this.

johnrando
12-02-2010, 01:09 PM
New to this forum, but I like the idea and would be willing to help check out prototypes, etc. John

Marcus-SanDiego
12-02-2010, 02:11 PM
Good. Sounds like we can make this happen.

adb1028
12-02-2010, 06:58 PM
I'm very impressed with some of the talent on this board. It seems like ZHP owners are pretty bright, for the most part.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-02-2010, 07:10 PM
I think so, adb.

kayger12
12-02-2010, 08:11 PM
Adb- where are you on the jersey shore?

adb1028
12-03-2010, 05:09 PM
Adb- where are you on the jersey shore?

I'm in Monmouth County, right next door to you.

kayger12
12-04-2010, 06:54 AM
Nice-- 30 minutes closer to NYC ftw.

nk_zhp
12-08-2010, 08:14 AM
Guys,

here's a sneak peak at what you can see as data gets populated.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=74&d=1291824811

Marcus-SanDiego
12-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Nk, I'm really looking forward to this.

danewilson77
12-08-2010, 08:49 AM
That should yield some nice trend analysis...

onepercent
12-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Just to tag along with Dane's point, if this ever does get going and there is some interest in data analysis, or if there is any other data anyone wants to analyze, I'm into statistics and regression analysis and I'd be happy to lend a hand.

mimalmo
12-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Nice to see I'm not the only that can end up spending hours with data and spreadsheets.

Some days, I actually prefer working with data and Excel over my other duties.

danewilson77
12-08-2010, 11:27 AM
....I'm into statistics and regression analysis....

I just threw up a lil in my mouth...

nk_zhp
12-09-2010, 08:11 AM
Guys, I need help. Let's put together a list of ALL possible exterior colors and interior options. By options I mean colors and material for seats.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-09-2010, 08:35 AM
Let me get the ball rolling on this.

Exterior colors: Imola Red, Mystic Blue, Silverstone, Alpine White, Jet Black, Silver Grey Metallic, Oxford Green, Black Sapphire Metallic, Steel Blue, Steel Gray, Orient Blue, Grey Green, Electric Red, Titanium Silver, Monaco Blue, Sparkling Graphite Metallic, Sonora Metallic, Quartz Blue Metallic, Deep Green Metallic, and Topaz Blue.

If I missed any, please chime in.

mimalmo
12-09-2010, 09:12 AM
That looks like the bulk of the MY2003 and up exterior colors.

Interior colors (ZHP only)
Black Alcantara
Black Leather
Grey Leather
Sand Leather
Natural Brown Leather
???
Profit

nk_zhp
12-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Thanks guys, kee 'em coming if there is anything else left. Am I high off my crack pipe, but was Imola Red ever an interior color? Maybe for Ms?

mimalmo
12-09-2010, 10:11 AM
You may indeed be high but Imola leather was a color offered on the E46. Never seen a ZHP with it though.

pictars:
http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=722489

nk_zhp
12-09-2010, 10:12 AM
I'll add it as an option

gr330zhp
12-09-2010, 11:27 AM
I dont think Electic Red was available on the ZHP. Maybe just my idea though

Marcus-SanDiego
12-09-2010, 11:28 AM
I dont think Electic Red was available on the ZHP. Maybe just my idea though

It was a standard color offered across the E46 platform. I just figured that a ZHP-optioned vehicle could have that color as well.

If anyone knows for sure, chime in.

nk_zhp
12-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Having extra colors isn't going to hurt anything. It's simple an entry in a drop down, it will not be reflected in any of the stats unless somebody actually enters that color vin.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-09-2010, 11:56 AM
Good. Thx, nk.

onepercent
12-09-2010, 12:53 PM
I just threw up a lil in my mouth...

Yeah... I turned in my cool card a long time ago. Why do you think I have to drive such a cool car? Definitely compensating.

zhp43867
12-09-2010, 03:52 PM
It was a standard color offered across the E46 platform. I just figured that a ZHP-optioned vehicle could have that color as well.

If anyone knows for sure, chime in.

I have never seen one; not guaranteeing anything, but I have not been surprised by any zhp colors in the last year.

Kudos
12-10-2010, 09:07 AM
What about boston Green? I haven't seen any zhps in that color. Was it offered?

nk_zhp
12-10-2010, 10:13 AM
I'll add that, won't hurt

pyreguy
12-10-2010, 03:40 PM
OUCH!

nk_zhp
12-13-2010, 08:56 AM
Little update on how things are going... I essentially have the software working. It's missing some Admin type tasks, but those can be finished up as we go. Marcus, I looked into the services your hosting company provides and they don't seem to be a Microsoft shop (that's not a bad thing :)). I do however have a hosting company that supports the database and web application platform that was used to develop this, I have no problem taking on the cost associated with this for the next few years to say the least. Here are some screen shots, sorry for the poor quality of the screen captures.

Home page... simple is the name of the game
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=105

Following the Add VIN you get
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=108

Following the Stats link you get
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=106

Following the Query link you get
http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=107

Future possibilities are endless and the site can be improved as we go. But I do want to get the ball rolling with this. I am hoping to get the site moved over to the provider early January and make it public shortly thereafter.

What do you guys think?

Marcus-SanDiego
12-13-2010, 09:00 AM
Nk, looking good. I agree. Get it rolling. This is shaping up nicely.

I anticipate lots of cross promotion between the two sites.

Tampa330i
12-13-2010, 09:01 AM
Looks awesome! Let me know if you need any images for it.

nk_zhp
12-13-2010, 09:06 AM
Definitely will need help with that (images). I will be adding some small font text on various pages to guide users and to ask them not to abuse the system by putting in bogus info etc.

Regarding the 2 links on top right, "About ZHP" currently goes to the Wiki page about ZHP. In the future if anyone wants to take a stab at writing up a nice summary on the ZHP with photos then I can redirect the link the this page within the site itself... you know.. keep it in the family :). The rightmost link takes you to the best ZHP forum on the earth!... forgot the name of it now LOL

Alphatek45
12-13-2010, 09:09 AM
It's really coming together. Great job!

jjcools
12-13-2010, 09:18 AM
Looks good, nice work. I will never understand how people can do this stuff on the computer.

nk_zhp
12-13-2010, 09:22 AM
Looks good, nice work. I will never understand how people can do this stuff on the computer.

It's easy, I have a little college nerd locked up in a basement, a little food and daily beatings get the job done!

Marcus-SanDiego
12-13-2010, 09:25 AM
Definitely will need help with that (images). I will be adding some small font text on various pages to guide users and to ask them not to abuse the system by putting in bogus info etc.

Regarding the 2 links on top right, "About ZHP" currently goes to the Wiki page about ZHP. In the future if anyone wants to take a stab at writing up a nice summary on the ZHP with photos then I can redirect the link the this page within the site itself... you know.. keep it in the family :). The rightmost link takes you to the best ZHP forum on the earth!... forgot the name of it now LOL

Once the ZHP Registry is up and running, I will have a prominent link to it at ZHPMafia.com.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-13-2010, 09:34 AM
Update: a thread over at bf.c says that Steel Blue, Gray Green, and Electric Red were not available for ZHPs. I'm inclined to believe that. I've never seen any of those colors on a ZHP.

nk_zhp
12-13-2010, 09:41 AM
Haven't seen them either. Maybe we can keep those entries to weed out suspicious entries. I find it hard to believe now that we will be able to submit a very large list of VINs to check option codes installed on the car. Marcus, does your friend use some sort of well known software to check option codes on the car? I see all sorts of factory CDs of sale on ebay, wonder if any of them have such information.

Tampa330i
12-13-2010, 09:43 AM

The computer can't handle our brains yet, I'm often held back by restrictions like screen sizes, speed, accessibility. Working at a helpdesk has made me fast, I can solve most desktop or network issues or at least tell you what is wrong within 7-10 minutes. It definitely translates over to other computer activity. Some day I'd like to see a matrix style neural interface instead of a keyboard, monitor and mouse. Anybody ever see eXistenZ? Imagine how good of a mechanic, or any skill for that matter, you'de be if you could virtually practice it as if it was real.

nk_zhp
12-13-2010, 09:45 AM
^ no more smoky smoky for this guy :)

Marcus-SanDiego
12-13-2010, 09:47 AM
Haven't seen them either. Maybe we can keep those entries to weed out suspicious entries. I find it hard to believe now that we will be able to submit a very large list of VINs to check option codes installed on the car. Marcus, does your friend use some sort of well known software to check option codes on the car? I see all sorts of factory CDs of sale on ebay, wonder if any of them have such information.

nk, my buddy has a GT1 at his shop. It interfaces directly with BMW's database.

az3579
12-13-2010, 09:53 AM
The computer can't handle our brains yet, I'm often held back by restrictions like screen sizes, speed, accessibility. Working at a helpdesk has made me fast, I can solve most desktop or network issues or at least tell you what is wrong within 7-10 minutes. It definitely translates over to other computer activity. Some day I'd like to see a matrix style neural interface instead of a keyboard, monitor and mouse. Anybody ever see eXistenZ? Imagine how good of a mechanic, or any skill for that matter, you'de be if you could virtually practice it as if it was real.

HELP DESK! EVIL!
Our help desk guys wouldn't know a circle from a square if it was spelled out for them. Probably why all of their tickets get sent to our on-site group. :rolleyes

Tampa330i
12-13-2010, 01:04 PM
All work and no smoke makes jack a dull boy. I do 35 different helpdesks simultaneously, it takes some brain flexing to be able to keep up. I have remote sessions to at least 5 other computers open, one of each browser open for different types of websites (firefox, ie, opera), a 75 line excel file of usernames and passwords, outlook with 31 shared mailboxes, (all of which have to be shuffled between 2 screens) while taking phone calls, monitoring emails and ticketing them within a time limit. I work in ..oh I don't know, 7 different ticketing systems or so. And it's usually just 2 of us working.
The reason I think help desks aren't helpful is the lack of incentive to be helpful combined with restricted information. People call up thinking the helpdesk is the knowledge base for the company, and of all things electronic. We have inherent skills to solve basic problems(some better than others) and if we can't solve it, the routing information to send it to whatever team can. That's what you get when you outsource your IT, they outsource it to someone else. I don't get paid to solve problems, I get paid to sit there and make sure nothing breaks contracted time limits.

pyreguy
12-13-2010, 05:41 PM
I am extremely excited about this!

nk_zhp
12-18-2010, 09:52 AM
Santa comes early this year http://www.zhpregistry.net
Comments, suggestions and name calling is much appreciated and can be directed to the e-mail address on the site.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-18-2010, 09:55 AM
I just added mine to the list.

Thanks for doing this.

pyreguy
12-18-2010, 09:58 AM
Mine too. This is pretty sweet!

Marcus-SanDiego
12-18-2010, 10:00 AM
Will need a couple of adjustments on this page:

http://www.zhpregistry.net/Stats.aspx

Not all stats are showing up. Page just needs to be a little bit wider.

kayger12
12-18-2010, 10:08 AM
Added. Nice job!

danewilson77
12-18-2010, 10:40 AM
So far it looks like 04, sedan, Imola FTMFW!!!!

nk_zhp
12-18-2010, 10:41 AM
widened the stats page a bit. I might have to adjust the code to abbreviate some words, like Narural with Nat, Leather with Lthr.

nk_zhp
12-18-2010, 10:43 AM
I like the idea of not having to provide personal information. Fact is, I think many people refrain from participating in registries when they have to provide too much identifying information. I believe ZHPRegistry.net's approach will be perfect.

Certainly might create some garbage VIN entries but I am planning on weeding them out regularly.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-18-2010, 10:51 AM
widened the stats page a bit. I might have to adjust the code to abbreviate some words, like Narural with Nat, Leather with Lthr.

Already looks better.

One more thing. Where do I find the total number of ZHPs? As it stands now, I can't see one place with total number.

nk_zhp
12-18-2010, 11:05 AM
I can add the total num to the stats page, however if you go to query by default the filter is showing ALL entries, and the number is right below.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-18-2010, 11:20 AM
Yep. I saw that. Was merely curious to see if you were going to put the sum some place else.

Thanks, nk.

mimalmo
12-18-2010, 12:37 PM
Added mine. Just as an FYI, the correct color for Silver Grey is "Silver Grey Metallic".

Also, it would be helpful if all options were in alphabetical order. When registering, my eyes immediately went to the bottom of the color list since my color starts with the letter "S" but it was near the top instead.

danewilson77
12-18-2010, 12:57 PM
^Yeah...and Imola Red....should be Imolarot. Don't think either is too big of a deal...

Washburn
12-18-2010, 12:59 PM
and doesn't AW has several "versions"? (AW i, AW ii, etc.)
IDK for sure if it applies to our year range, but I think yes.

And if we do one color in German, then I think it should be consistent and all colors either in German (or all in English...)

Marcus-SanDiego
12-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Wash, I wouldn't worry about that. Many people wouldn't even know how to figure that out. AW keeps it simple.

Washburn
12-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Ok

mimalmo
12-18-2010, 01:25 PM
^Yeah...and Imola Red....should be Imolarot. Don't think either is too big of a deal...

If he wants to do that, then Silver Grey Metallic is "Silber Grau Metallic"

I would advocate that if possible, have both the English and German versions of the color listed. ie: "Imola Red (Imolarot)"

danewilson77
12-18-2010, 01:31 PM
If he wants to do that, then Silver Grey Metallic is "Silber Grau Metallic"

I would advocate that if possible, have both the English and German versions of the color listed. ie: "Imola Red (Imolarot)"

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/nicee46/Funny/facepalm.jpg

nk_zhp
12-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Thanks for feedback guys. Color names are intentionally left short, the pie charts look off with "Metallic" next to them all. Let's give it some time, if we feel the same way later I can at "Met." to the metallic colors. As for the german vs english names, I think the english names are more familiar to a wider audience that aren't as much into their cars as we are. Having both names it just toooo long.

Agree on alphabetizing them, I will take care of this monday since the latest code is at work.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Guys, be sure to get the word out that there is a ZHP Registry.

mimalmo
12-18-2010, 02:25 PM
http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/nicee46/Funny/facepalm.jpg

OK, I'll bite. Why the facepalm?

Marcus-SanDiego
12-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Well, what do you know. I got the ZHP Registry link embedded to the navigation bar. See top of site.

gr330zhp
12-18-2010, 04:32 PM
Will we be able to post information about our car similar to ///M Registry?

Marcus-SanDiego
12-18-2010, 04:41 PM
You will have to ask the owner of the site, Stathi. Nk owns the ZHP Registry. He and I simply have a symbiotic relationship here.

gr330zhp
12-18-2010, 04:43 PM
You will have to ask the owner of the site, Stathi. Nk owns the ZHP Registry. He and I simply have a symbiotic relationship here.

Sounds good. I registered, I'm betting Mystic Blue will be one of the rarer colors

Marcus-SanDiego
12-18-2010, 04:45 PM
I agree. I rarely see mystic blue. It's a great, great color, too. I would gladly own that color.

gr330zhp
12-18-2010, 04:47 PM
I agree. I rarely see mystic blue. It's a great, great color, too. I would gladly own that color.

Same here :)

danewilson77
12-18-2010, 06:39 PM
Why do I not see ~90+ ZHP's registered yet? Whats the hold up?

Marcus-SanDiego
12-18-2010, 06:40 PM
I'd think that every member of this forum will eventually register.

danewilson77
12-18-2010, 06:44 PM
^me too...

pyreguy
12-18-2010, 06:49 PM
Lets make this happen guys!

nk_zhp
12-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Well, what do you know. I got the ZHP Registry link embedded to the navigation bar. See top of site.
Thank you very much. We have complementing sites that together can do good for the community.

Will we be able to post information about our car similar to ///M Registry?
Technically speaking there is nothing difficult about this. I wanted to keep the entries as anonymous as possible so that some day this registry does not actually pose a problem with you selling the car. In a way I want to detach the car from the owner because on average the car will change hands a few times before it's gone. What do you have in mind specifically? A free-form entry of some interesting facts about the car?

Sounds good. I registered, I'm betting Mystic Blue will be one of the rarer colors
A very good friend of mine owns this particular combo. He also has no sunroof/moonroof, pretty rare :)

Washburn
12-18-2010, 09:40 PM
How safe is it to post VINs online?

pyreguy
12-18-2010, 09:57 PM
They aren't posted online, just entered into the database. They can't be accessed or viewed by anyone.

nk_zhp
12-18-2010, 10:02 PM
How safe is it to post VINs online?

There is nothing secretive about the VIN by itself. You can take one car's vin and then alter a few digits here and there and land on another VIN. It's when you combine the VIN with other information such as your name/address/phone etc. when it becomes less anonymous.

It's like saying, how safe is it to post an address 14 Main St, Boston MA? Pretty safe, because anyone can render that address just by looking at a map and seeing that Main St exists in Boston. It's when you say John Doe, e-mail: jd@site.com resides at 14 Main St. you starting to give away more information than desired.

mimalmo
12-18-2010, 10:03 PM
Thieves that want to steal cars based on knowing the VIN are likely to aim a little higher than cars that are anywhere from 4-7 years old and worth 10k to 25k at retail.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-19-2010, 01:24 AM
Nk, good information here: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20959150&postcount=7

nk_zhp
12-19-2010, 06:14 AM
yup Terra and I already had conversation on e46fans. His mystery registration happened when I entered his info from a for sale ad while I was testing the system. His VIN decoding is extremely helpful though.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-19-2010, 08:16 AM
Yeah. I was curious about his registration, too. Good to know that was solved. The rest of his information will help you ferret out bad VINs.

az3579
12-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Registurrrred.

mimalmo
12-19-2010, 10:41 AM
Surprised to see Black Leather outpacing Alcantara.

kayger12
12-19-2010, 07:02 PM
So far the Sparkling Graphite is much rarer then I thought it would be...

Marcus-SanDiego
12-19-2010, 07:03 PM
Surprised to see Black Leather outpacing Alcantara.

Me too. I thought alcantara would be leading the pack.

Mtnman
12-19-2010, 07:09 PM
i registered, but now when i look up my car by thevin it says "zhp verified-NO." wonder what that means.....

Marcus-SanDiego
12-19-2010, 07:10 PM
It means that nk has not actually verified that it's a ZHP yet. He'll need to submit the VIN to BMW and confirm (or some place like that). Mine is unconfirmed as well.

nk_zhp
12-19-2010, 07:22 PM
i registered, but now when i look up my car by thevin it says "zhp verified-NO." wonder what that means.....

What Marcus said. This brings up a good point, I should explain on that page that the actual package hasn't been verified by ZHPRegistry and not that the car is not a ZHP. This field is added as a placeholder for the future when we will actually get a chance to check option codes for each VIN. It probably makes sense to simply do not display that if the field is No.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-25-2010, 08:20 AM
Nk, I see that you have added more charts to the ZHP registry.

Question, how did you get the production dates for all of the ZHPs?

danewilson77
12-25-2010, 08:22 AM
Does it come from VIN?

Marcus-SanDiego
12-25-2010, 08:26 AM
Dane, not that I am aware of.

http://www.zhpregistry.net/VINatomy.aspx

danewilson77
12-25-2010, 08:37 AM
OK.....

Side note. Only 5 cars currently registered, match my criteria.....not bad out of 100+

nk_zhp
12-25-2010, 08:39 AM
I had Santa visit all ZHP owners and check the sticker on the door sill :)

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do place the last 7 digits of your VIN and you will see the system auto select your vehicle in addition to the production date. I have to collect this periodically, I may write a script at some point to do this automatically. I thought of asking for this information during registration but decided to make it as easy as possible.

danewilson77
12-25-2010, 08:47 AM
Cool...that must have taken some time...

danewilson77
12-25-2010, 08:48 AM
Imola red was really an interior color option?

nk_zhp
12-25-2010, 08:51 AM
It is a bit tedious, but doing in small batches is not a biggie. My concern is if RealOEM stops providing this service I won't have any means of doing this. Back in the day you could get the BMW Factory CD much like the RealOEM site but now they seems to have disappeared and I missed that train.

MrMaico
12-26-2010, 01:52 PM
Here's a VIN decoder that will tell you which factory the car was built in. Regensburg for mine.

http://www.bmwarchiv.de/vin/

I wonder how many different factories produced ZHPs? According to that decoder Terra's was built in Munich.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-26-2010, 01:58 PM
Mine:

Produktionjahr: 08/2005
Werk: Regensburg

And my E92 was built in the same place.

Produktionjahr: 01/2009

Nk, this is another source for you to look up production dates.

kayger12
12-26-2010, 02:00 PM
Mine:

Produktionjahr: 08/2005

Mine is 8/05 from Regensburg as well-- Maybe they're old friends :cheers

Marcus-SanDiego
12-26-2010, 02:01 PM
Definitely good, old friends.

Mtnman
12-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Production 02/04
Werk munchen

MrMaico
12-26-2010, 02:16 PM
Lotsa cool info there. It appears that the coupe and cabrio were built in Regensburg and the kiddyhauler....ooops I mean the sedan was built in Munich.:rofl

:ducking

nk_zhp
12-26-2010, 02:21 PM
You are a rockstar!

I love how it shows the check digit computation. I can make the input more stringed. Also, since the plant can be easily extracted from the VIN I can add a new statistic! "ZHPs by Plant" ... I need something to keep me off the streets.

Here's a VIN decoder that will tell you which factory the car was built in. Regensburg for mine.

http://www.bmwarchiv.de/vin/

I wonder how many different factories produced ZHPs? According to that decoder Terra's was built in Munich.

nk_zhp
12-26-2010, 02:21 PM
Yes, I can tell this because there is a clear pattern with letters and body type in the VINs.

MrMaico
12-26-2010, 02:22 PM
I take that back, it looks like the sedan was built at both plants. M3 was built in Regensburg. They even have sat views of the factories.

Regensburg.....

http://www.bmwarchiv.de/werke/bmw-werk-regensburg.html

Munich......

http://www.bmwarchiv.de/werke/bmw-werk-muenchen.html

Mtnman
12-26-2010, 02:23 PM
:)N:)N:)N:)N:)N:)N:)N
If there was a graphic with a kid throwing a grenade, i would have used that! Hey, at least us dads have ZHPs! We could all drive suvs and minivans. Lol.

nk_zhp
12-26-2010, 02:24 PM
So far for all the registered VIN's the plant letter is either P or K.

MrMaico
12-26-2010, 02:33 PM
So far for all the registered VIN's the plant letter is either P or K.

Cool! I'm glad all the E46's were built in Germany rather than Spartanburg. Not saying there would be anything wrong with owning a US built car but it just doesn't seem right to have a BMW that's not built in Germany.

Marcus-SanDiego
12-26-2010, 02:35 PM
If there was a graphic with a kid throwing a grenade, i would have used that! Hey, at least us dads have ZHPs! We could all drive suvs and minivans. Lol.

But you did utilize the Marcus Ninja smiley nicely.

MrMaico
12-26-2010, 02:38 PM

:biggrin Just gotta give you guys (Dane) a little crap. Coupe' FTMFW

Actually before I got real serious about looking for another Bimmer I was undecided on whether it mattered one way or the other....2 or 4 doors.

nk_zhp
12-26-2010, 02:39 PM
Guys clear pattern. All Sedans are K's and ALL coupe/convertibles are P's. So there really is no need for a statistic because it will essentially match the body type pie chart.

MrMaico
12-26-2010, 03:27 PM
Guys clear pattern. All Sedans are K's and ALL coupe/convertibles are P's. So there really is no need for a statistic because it will essentially match the body type pie chart.

According to this page the sedan was built both places but maybe what you're seeing is that possibly all the ZHP sedans were made in Munich?

http://www.bmwarchiv.de/e-code/e46-4.html

A bunch or car and options prices here......(wish I could read German!)

http://www.bmwarchiv.de/pdf/172.pdf (http://www.bmwarchiv.de/pdf/172.pdf)

EDIT: According to Akhbhaat the Xi was the only sedans made in Regensburg. Post 39

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21005413#post21005413

nk_zhp
12-26-2010, 03:41 PM
I don't it would be compartmentalized by ZHPs in particular but perhaps all 3.0L ones were.

MrMaico
12-26-2010, 05:21 PM
I don't it would be compartmentalized by ZHPs in particular but perhaps all 3.0L ones were.

Ya, that would make more sense.

pyreguy
12-26-2010, 05:52 PM
mine is 10/03 in Munich

Marcus-SanDiego
12-29-2010, 10:15 PM
Norik, feel free to post some of the latest stuff here in this thread. The recent math stuff should be here.

nk_zhp
12-30-2010, 06:29 AM
copy that

Marcus-SanDiego
12-30-2010, 11:57 PM
Natural brown is now the rarest interior.

danewilson77
12-31-2010, 06:33 AM
Toot, toot!!!!!

MrMaico
12-31-2010, 08:10 AM
Just a day or two ago there were 158 and now it's already up to 180! Good to see it growing so fast. I also see there is 1 registered in the combo I would love to have.....Mystic Blue coupe with Alcantara. Too bad it's a Steptronic though.

nk_zhp
12-31-2010, 08:12 AM
Just a day or two ago there were 158 and now it's already up to 180! Good to see it growing so fast. I also see there is 1 registered in the combo I would love to have.....Mystic Blue coupe with Alcantara. Too bad it's a Steptronic though.

That would be a hot combo, alcantara can kind of blend with blue because of its dull look....

nk_zhp
01-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Hey guys wanted to run a few ideas by you all. 1st off, were are now tracking 215 ZHPs, not too bad. I expect a slowdown for a while and then a 2nd wave as the existence of the site slowly spreads across the ZHP owner community.

As for the idea. I was thinking of adding a ZHP for Sale section to the site. This would be a craigslist style listing area open to individuals and dealers alike. Needless to say it will 100% free. ZHPs only! To provide a more targeted method by which sellers and buyers can meet. There will be no account requirements, during the process of listing an e-mail will be sent containing link to administer the listing. Image support will be somewhat limited for bandwidth and storage reasons. By limited I mean ~5-10 images will be allowed with certain size restrictions (3rd part image hosting is obviously an option). This isn't an attempt to compete with forum style listing but more to attract owners that aren't really into "forums"... maybe we can convince them that they should be :)

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

danewilson77
01-04-2011, 03:04 PM
I like the idea.....

kayger12
01-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Sounds like a good idea. I think anyone who is seriously interested will most likely bounce between the two sites anyway.

pyreguy
01-04-2011, 03:13 PM
I, too, like the idea. This is a special car and it would be great to have a place for people to go who are looking specifically for a ZHP. This would be a great resource!

Marcus-SanDiego
01-06-2011, 09:13 AM
So, if we use the most common characteristics compiled so far, here's what the most common ZHP is: an imola red 2004 sedan with black leather and a 6-speed manual transmission.

nk_zhp
01-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Hmm.... I guess I need to get a rarer car :).

Marcus-SanDiego
01-06-2011, 09:17 AM
We love your car, NK.

nk_zhp
01-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Thank you brother! Omitting the model year, there are 18 cars like mine currently known. If we consider 227 about 2-3% of the total population then there are about ~900 of them out there...

... guess I can live with those kind of odds.

Marcus-SanDiego
01-06-2011, 09:25 AM
I agree. That's not a lot. I have seen two other imola red ZHPs in San Diego since August.

Tampa330i
01-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Wow, and I thought mine was common

http://i53.tinypic.com/e9utmp.jpg

Marcus-SanDiego
01-06-2011, 10:53 AM
I'm feeling pretty special, too, JB.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2d99w7s.jpg

mimalmo
01-06-2011, 10:56 AM
I'm still surprised that Leather outnumbers Alcantara. I would have though that as more cars were registered that variance would have evened out.

Marcus-SanDiego
01-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Yeah. And notice that automatics are starting to catch up with 6 speeds.

Tampa330i
01-06-2011, 10:59 AM
I wonder who has the other 2004 black/black auto 4d - anyone here?

az3579
01-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Black is extremely "common". I cannot believe the registry doesn't reflect this.

nk_zhp
01-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Which black? If you add the 2 backs together it makes the total 2nd most popular after imola.

Mike V
01-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Interesting, so far I have the only red 4-dr with grey leather and 6 spd.

pyreguy
01-06-2011, 02:20 PM
There is another jet black '04 sedan with alcantara and a 6mt. Just 2 of us so far...

Kudos
01-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Wow someone posted oxford green. Damn I'm jealous. Anyone know if this replaced the boston green that was around?

pyreguy
01-06-2011, 03:09 PM
I wanna see a pic of that green on a ZHP!!!

Marcus-SanDiego
01-06-2011, 03:11 PM
Steve, daddyoh, was thinking about buying an Oxford green ZHP. He eventually got something else. I saw the pictures. Not bad although I do not prefer the color.

pyreguy
01-06-2011, 03:17 PM
I am picky when it comes to greens. They can either make or break a car, and either way it will be pretty drastic. Do you have a copy of the pics you could throw up here?

Marcus-SanDiego
01-06-2011, 03:27 PM
I don't have any pictures of it. Steve might, though. I'll check.

Marcus-SanDiego
01-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Here's a picture of it on an M3:

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/500/16241PICT0041.JPG

pyreguy
01-06-2011, 03:31 PM
I think it looks sharp. Would be a unique ZHP. BTW those are my favorite BMW wheels ever made right there on that M3.

danewilson77
01-06-2011, 04:03 PM
http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/nicee46/Imola%20Bimmer/DSC03922-1.jpg

nk_zhp
01-06-2011, 04:04 PM
^ is it bad that I like it?

danewilson77
01-06-2011, 04:24 PM
Which one...mine or M3?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

kayger12
01-06-2011, 04:42 PM
http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/nicee46/Imola%20Bimmer/DSC03922-1.jpg

That pic deserves signature status

Alphatek45
01-06-2011, 04:44 PM
I had a friend in High School that painted ALL his cars that color! Was "lagoon green" iirc. Looks like a booger on 4 wheels...

nk_zhp
01-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Both!

danewilson77
01-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Lol....

danewilson77
01-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Both!

Ok.....I think it is def unique.

pyreguy
01-06-2011, 05:57 PM
that's the BMW I imagine Kermit the Frog drives

az3579
01-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Interesting, so far I have the only red 4-dr with grey leather and 6 spd.

I personally know someone who has this same exact configuration. I'll try to get him to register his car when I see him next.

Mtnman
01-07-2011, 06:09 AM
I really like the dark green on a bmw. Like the brittish racing green color. Too bad they dont offer it on the new m3 4dr. That would be my choice for sure. with dark brown (dakota?) leather. :slap Oh yeah,... thanks reality. lol

Washburn
01-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Registered mine finally: :)
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b176/nishang/ZHPREG-1.png

danewilson77
01-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Step FTW!!!!!!

Washburn
01-10-2011, 01:22 PM
LOL - Thanks Dane ;)

danewilson77
01-10-2011, 01:23 PM
I really like the dark green on a bmw. Like the brittish racing green color. Too bad they dont offer it on the new m3 4dr. That would be my choice for sure. with dark brown (dakota?) leather. :slap Oh yeah,... thanks reality. lol

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/nicee46/Imola%20Bimmer/DSC03946-1-1.jpg

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/nicee46/Imola%20Bimmer/DSC03946-1-1-1.jpg

nk_zhp
01-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Nice!

re: Washburn's unique car.

Marcus-SanDiego
01-11-2011, 10:54 AM
A reminder to new members who have not registered their ZHPs yet.

Bump.

johnrando
01-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the reminder. I realized I forgot to register. What a cool site, as I love the querys. Very cool of you who have unique combos'. Kind of bummed there's already 3 of mine. :-)

'06 Black Leather Steptronic Convertible. Hey, you other two guys, what is your interior trim... wood or carbon fiber?

John

nk_zhp
01-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Don't worry, I doubt the other 2 come with the BMW factory installed shotgun holder... :)

Thanks for the reminder. I realized I forgot to register. What a cool site, as I love the querys. Very cool of you who have unique combos'. Kind of bummed there's already 3 of mine. :-)

'06 Black Leather Steptronic Convertible. Hey, you other two guys, what is your interior trim... wood or carbon fiber?

John

zhpnsnv
01-17-2011, 08:13 AM
Yo - tried to register on the registry (imagine that!) and it says my VIN is already registered.

What the crap is going on?

Marcus-SanDiego
01-17-2011, 08:17 AM
Yo - tried to register on the registry (imagine that!) and it says my VIN is already registered.

What the crap is going on?

If your car has ever been for sale (on one of the Internet forums), and the VIN was posted, good chance that nk saw it and added it to the registry already.

But I cannot speak for Nk, so he will have to chime in.

zhpnsnv
01-17-2011, 08:20 AM
Hmm. Okay. It was for sale in August of 09 on Fanatics and BF, I think.

Marcus-SanDiego
01-17-2011, 08:30 AM
Hmm. Okay. It was for sale in August of 09 on Fanatics and BF, I think.

That might be it, sir. But who knows.

nk_zhp
01-17-2011, 10:50 AM
Guys, that's exactly what happened. There is a handful of cars that I added initially when I came across them online. I only did this if the cars had good quality images attesting that they were ZHPs. As a result there might few folks that have their cars already registered... don't be alarmed ... the spy satellite I have hover over your house isn't how it happened :). Now that we have a good amount of cars in there I will no longer register cars for others.

If any of you, for any reason, want the VIN to be removed please let me know via pm or sending an email to the address listed on the site. I want to stress again that the information you see during a look up on the site is ALL we store in the data base. Needless to say, organizations such Carfax and Autocheck know FAR more about your car then ZHPRegistry ever will.

Please stay tuned for an upcoming feature on the site. I am working on adding classifieds capability. It will be like the other well known free classifieds site but nationwide and for ZHPs only.

zhpnsnv
01-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Makes sense - thanks!

nk_zhp
01-18-2011, 04:03 PM
Guys, quick update. Today is just about a month since the registry went live. We have 273 cars already! While it would be awesome if had them all, part of the fun is the journey itself and not getting to the destination. I also wanted to let you know that a new feature has been added to the site for listing ZHPs for sale. The intention here is to allow a more classical style car listing (such as cars.com and autotrader.com) but focus on ZHPs, and it is free of charge. I don't know where we might go with this but I would curious to see who will be the 1st one to try it out.

That's all... east coasters... stay safe.. getting icy over here.

danewilson77
01-18-2011, 04:12 PM
Schweet. Thanks for the update.

kayger12
01-18-2011, 04:27 PM
Nice job with the whole thing. Love going on there to check on what's out there in the ZHP world.

nk_zhp
01-18-2011, 04:53 PM
Nice job with the whole thing. Love going on there to check on what's out there in the ZHP world.

Thanks man, positive words and the enthusiasm of this board is what fueled it in the 1s place :)

rikdee
01-18-2011, 05:10 PM
Our ZHPs are the right car....

kayger12
01-23-2011, 12:19 PM
Stumbled across something interesting while checking the registry-- there are 14 Sparkling Graphite ZHPs registered, and none of them are sedans.

9 verts and 5 coupes. Seems strange. Was SG not available for sedans?

MrMaico
01-23-2011, 01:04 PM
Thanks man, positive words and the enthusiasm of this board is what fueled it in the 1s place :)

+1 great job, much appreciated! Still no examples of my dream ZHP....Mystic, Alcantara, coupe, 6mt.

Stumbled across something interesting while checking the registry-- there are 14 Sparkling Graphite ZHPs registered, and none of them are sedans.

9 verts and 5 coupes. Seems strange. Was SG not available for sedans?

I would be surprised if that were true. I don't think body style made a difference on color choices.

Barry

nk_zhp
01-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Was there ever a color that was coupe only? That does seem strange. Though to be honest I have only seen SG on E90 sedans. Never on a E46 sedan/coupe or vert for that matter.

kayger12
01-23-2011, 07:39 PM
I've never heard of a coupe only color.

Just seemed strange that out of 14 cars there were no sedans.

nk_zhp
01-25-2011, 07:44 AM
Quick update,

Added a new feature to the car listings that shows the number of "identical twins" the listed car has. See at the top of the listing.

Folks we are 2 cars away from 300!

Marcus-SanDiego
01-25-2011, 07:49 AM
I like the new tweak.

nk_zhp
01-25-2011, 07:55 AM
Thanks,

It has a usefulness factor of 0. But hey, let's have some fun!

Marcus-SanDiego
01-25-2011, 08:11 AM
But it is still interesting. It will be more interesting, from a trivial standpoint, as time goes on.

Gramps05ZHP
01-25-2011, 05:50 PM
I'm #234 on the registry, how do you get the details that were entered about your car? or to see others that were built just like mine? is it possible?

danewilson77
01-25-2011, 05:51 PM
Go to query...and enter your info.

nk_zhp
01-25-2011, 07:35 PM
I'm #234 on the registry, how do you get the details that were entered about your car? or to see others that were built just like mine? is it possible?

Define "your car". Do you mean you would like to see what you entered for your own car? Just type in the VIN on the home page. As Dane said, if you just want totals with specific options use the Query page.

BurghJR
01-26-2011, 10:24 AM
I tried to register my VIN and it returned "Error: VIN is incorrect for vehicle type."

I swear it's not stolen!!

nk_zhp
01-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Hi, I saw that error on my end as well. Do you want to pm me your VIN. I'd like to understand what's going on. Thanks...

nk_zhp
01-26-2011, 12:58 PM
BurghJR, sent you a pm back.

MrMaico
01-26-2011, 01:25 PM
303! :applause2

nk_zhp
01-26-2011, 01:34 PM
303! :applause2

Slowly chugging along... :)

I see one registration with "other" as interior. I've seen one ZHP already with a swapped out Imola Red interior from an M3, but that is an available option during registration. So I don't know what's the deal with that one. That car will be a candidate for ZHP verification.

kayger12
02-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Well, if there were around 4000 or so ZHPs in existence (and I know it's a total guess at this point), the registry is fast approaching 10% registered. That would be pretty impressive and a damn good representative sampling...

nk_zhp
02-02-2011, 08:40 AM
Yeah, can't say the pace isn't great. I do believe not requiring people to create accounts, give away names and e-mail addresses etc is making a lot of people ok with the idea to provide information. Along with the VINatomy link that explains the simplicity of the VIN I think we are making a lot of people comfortable with participation.

mimalmo
02-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Just traded some PM's on another site I visit with a guy that has a ZHP with the sunroof delete option. Since it was so rare, it would be cool if sedan and coupe owners could indicate whether or not theirs has a sunroof. I'm betting less than 5% of all ZHP's were ordered without the sunroof.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-02-2011, 02:37 PM
Eli, this guy is not a member here? If not, why not? Time to recruit the sunroof delete dude.

mimalmo
02-02-2011, 02:40 PM
I did! Hopefully he'll make his way over here. Sounds like he does a bit of racing so I'm very interested in what knowledge and experience he has in this area.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-02-2011, 02:42 PM
I did! Hopefully he'll make his way over here. Sounds like he does a bit of racing so I'm very interested in what knowledge and experience he has in this area.

Good work, sir.

murph
02-04-2011, 09:44 AM
Just traded some PM's on another site I visit with a guy that has a ZHP with the sunroof delete option. Since it was so rare, it would be cool if sedan and coupe owners could indicate whether or not theirs has a sunroof. I'm betting less than 5% of all ZHP's were ordered without the sunroof.

Heh, that was me. =]

I was just pulling up this thread to see if the registry could record option packages like sunroof, Xenons, cold weather, etc.

My car was originally an AZ car, so he chose the ZHP sedan, black on black leather, no sunroof, xenon headlights, and that's it! (also added super dark tint)

It's rather difficult to find a non-sunroof ZHP (or a non-sunroof E46 in general!) so if this site had a way to track them, that'd be very helpful. The 330's are becoming more popular in motorsports as the prices come down, and the lack of a sunroof is a hot feature. (lower center of gravity)

nk_zhp
02-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Guys, let me think about this a bit... I was thinking of a general comment area associated with each VIN to list interesting facts about the car. This would be more general but the downside is that I cannot perform data aggregation on a freeform text entry. So if you looked up the vin you would see it in the comments area. If I were to add the sunroof yes/no as an option then we will have 335 (as of today) cars that do not have this information. The only means these owners could communicate back to me would be e-mail... that's a lot of e-mails. Since there is no "account" concept on the site I can't just let anyone modify the data.

I still think the no account concept works... we wouldn't have half as many of the cars there if registration was required.

murph
02-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Yep, I totally understand the issues this brings up, just a thought. Besides, something like that is really more useful in terms of classifieds, as a way to search for "just the right car".

mimalmo
02-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Heh, that was me. =]

I was just pulling up this thread to see if the registry could record option packages like sunroof, Xenons, cold weather, etc.

My car was originally an AZ car, so he chose the ZHP sedan, black on black leather, no sunroof, xenon headlights, and that's it! (also added super dark tint)

It's rather difficult to find a non-sunroof ZHP (or a non-sunroof E46 in general!) so if this site had a way to track them, that'd be very helpful. The 330's are becoming more popular in motorsports as the prices come down, and the lack of a sunroof is a hot feature. (lower center of gravity)

Glad to see you signed up Matt.

nk_zhp
02-18-2011, 06:07 AM
Good morning gang!

Wanted to give a mini state of union on the site cross-linked with Mafia.

The site has now been live for exactly 2 months. We are now tracking 402 ZHP registrations! With the information we have at hand, we are approaching about 10% of the total population. The most popular color still remains Imola Red. Though I have a feeling that Silver Gray may at some point be it. Blacks are tough because they are spread across two specific color, but often are just referred to as "Black". The most popular interior is Black Leather and I don't see this ever changing given its whopping margin. 2004 is the peak production year thus far and it makes sense as coupes and convertibles joined the "party". It appears that ZHP enthusiast do prefer the 3rd pedal and that does not surprise me. The sedans are the body of choice for ZHPs, which is logical as it was never competing with a comparable (body wise) M3. March of '04 seems like the hot month for now. I do expect the production count by month chart to move towards the right more as the '05 and '06 cars aren't hitting the used car market just yet, and a lot of the registrations seems to be from folks who just got into a ZHP.

As many of you have noticed, about 30 days ago a new feature was added to the site, helping ZHP sellers and buyers come together. We've had 21 listings thus far (excluding my car, priced aggressively at close to 100 grand). One of the listings SOLD and I received a nice thank you message from the previous owner. The sellers that chose to keep their e-mail private have been getting a good amount of interest through the site's messaging system which gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling as I'd like to believe we are helping the community.

Thank you and happy motoring!

edit: Also wanted to mention the newest feature on the site. This site is now linked with Twitter. A notification is posted with every time a new car is listed for sale.

MrMaico
02-18-2011, 06:48 AM
Interesting info. Thanks again nk for taking this on.

Still no registration of the ZHP I'd love to find someday, Mystic, Alcantara, 6MT, Coupe.

kayger12
02-18-2011, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the update nk.

You've done a great job with the registry. It's an awesome resource and I appreciate the heck out of it.

Hats off to you for a job well done.

johnrando
02-18-2011, 07:16 AM
+1, love the registry, plus great summation below. Maybe you can somehow have an overall category for black in your filters, as well as the split you now allow with the two different colors.

Marcus-SanDiego
02-18-2011, 07:21 AM
Norik, thanks for the write up. As you know, I enjoy knowing the details.

danewilson77
02-18-2011, 07:56 AM
Good morning gang!

Wanted to give a mini state of union on the site cross-linked with Mafia.

The site has now been live for exactly 2 months. We are now tracking 402 ZHP registrations! With the information we have at hand, we are approaching about 10% of the total population. The BEST color still remains Imola Red. Though I have a feeling that Silver Gray may at some point be it. Blacks are tough because they are spread across two specific color, but often are just referred to as "Black". The most popular interior is Black Leather and I don't see this ever changing given its whopping margin. 2004 is the peak production year thus far and it makes sense as coupes and convertibles joined the "party". It appears that ZHP enthusiast do prefer the 3rd pedal and that does not surprise me. The sedans are the body of choice for ZHPs, which is logical as it was never competing with a comparable (body wise) M3. March of '04 seems like the hot month for now. I do expect the production count by month chart to move towards the right more as the '05 and '06 cars aren't hitting the used car market just yet, and a lot of the registrations seems to be from folks who just got into a ZHP.

As many of you have noticed, about 30 days ago a new feature was added to the site, helping ZHP sellers and buyers come together. We've had 21 listings thus far (excluding my car, priced aggressively at close to 100 grand). One of the listings SOLD and I received a nice thank you message from the previous owner. The sellers that chose to keep their e-mail private have been getting a good amount of interest through the site's messaging system which gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling as I'd like to believe we are helping the community.

Thank you and happy motoring!

edit: Also wanted to mention the newest feature on the site. This site is now linked with Twitter. A notification is posted with every time a new car is listed for sale.

Excellent update......thanks for that. I fixed one small error above....

iZHP
02-18-2011, 08:11 AM
awesome! 403 :cool I was number 99 I believe. The registry is growing fast. Such a useful site; and the new logo is great!

iZHP
02-18-2011, 08:32 AM
wow has anyone else seen this listing? This is the only Phoenix Yellow listed on the registry http://www.zhpregistry.net/forsale/DisplayListing.aspx?id=81
looks insane!

Marcus-SanDiego
02-18-2011, 08:38 AM
wow has anyone else seen this listing? This is the only Phoenix Yellow listed on the registry http://www.zhpregistry.net/forsale/DisplayListing.aspx?id=81
looks insane!

We were talking about that nearly three weeks ago. You can find the thread here (http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?959-For-Sale-2006-BMW-330Cic-ZHP-Phoenix-Yellow-Gray-Step-Convertible-in-FL).

Feel free to join in on that discussion. No shortage of opinions on it.

iZHP
02-18-2011, 08:41 AM
ahh! I wish I knew about this site on launch day...

danewilson77
02-18-2011, 08:46 AM
looks insane!

Yeah...we had some discussion on the PY when the listing came out.

nk_zhp
02-18-2011, 09:06 AM
@MrMaico - Seems like 3 sedans that match your taste but no coupes. Speaking of MB/Alcantara. Few days after the site launched we had a registration from Germany based on the IP address. Strangely enough the CARFAX and AutoCheck showed 0 records on the car but it did say that the VIN is invalid. This looked like a suspicious entry so I asked a friend of mine to check the VIN with the dealer. Sure enough this was US Spec ZHP that never left Germany! In the spirit of privacy we do not know who this is nor do we have any contact information, but I'd like to keep it this way. We are keeping track of the cars and not people that own them.

@kayger12 - respects brother, thanks for the kind of words.

@johnrando - That's a good idea. On the pie chart, since the 2 colors are next to each other, there is really no need to alter anything but for Query feature I can easily add "All Blacks (Jet & Sapphire)" as an option. I'll put that on my to-do list.

@Marcus-SanDiego - Any time, thanks for providing a good outlet where we can discuss these things.

@danewilson77 - FTW! I am with you... I'll make sure not that make that mistake again :)

@808ZHP - Thanks for the logo comment. It's hard to get creative but I figured you can never go wrong with showing Motorsport stripes... does this mean a vinyl sticker coming up???? :) Also, here are some more pics of the Phoenix, for 2K or so BMW will paint your car any color in their array not available as part of standard offering. This is called BMW Individual. http://www.zhpregistry.net/individual/PhoenixYellow.aspx

iZHP
02-18-2011, 09:13 AM
I'm aware of the individual program. Not to get off-topic but this is one of the best combinations I've ever seen; I'm sure you've seen it. Mark Carson wanted a BMW M6 with Hawaiian Koawood in the interior.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z3Q5rNT0qY&feature=player_embedded#at=111

johnrando
02-18-2011, 12:38 PM
That is awesome! Love Hawaiian Koa wood. Not so into gold cars, but it fits for out there especially. Wasn't aware of this program... I wonder how much that customization costs? Of course, if you have to ask, you can't afford it.

kayger12
02-18-2011, 07:50 PM
Well, it took registering over 400 ZHPs, but there is finally a second Sparkling Graphite, alcantara, 6MT, coupe registered.

Assuming 4,000 in existence, that would mean there were only approx 20 units of my car in existence.

danewilson77
02-18-2011, 08:29 PM
Staggering data...

Out of 400 registered....10 match mine.

nk_zhp
02-18-2011, 08:44 PM
For me, with the matching model year it's 17. Without the MY (matching colors, gearbox and body style) 26!

MasterC17
02-19-2011, 07:43 AM
You're doing a great job with the site nk, thanks for creating it!

nk_zhp
02-19-2011, 09:50 AM
You're doing a great job with the site nk, thanks for creating it!

Thank you. See you on the runways soon... Toyo R1Rs are going on soon... yeee haaaa!

MasterC17
02-19-2011, 07:37 PM
Thank you. See you on the runways soon... Toyo R1Rs are going on soon... yeee haaaa!

Looking forward to autocross this year - and seeing your M3!

Johnmadd
02-20-2011, 05:04 PM
Registered mine yesterday and it says there are 2 similar ones registered.

nk_zhp
02-20-2011, 06:43 PM
Registered mine yesterday and it says there are 2 similar ones registered.

With it being an '03 you have the advantage of lower sales volume than the other mode years. So far there are twice as many sedans sold in '04 than in '03.

Johnmadd
02-20-2011, 07:07 PM
With it being an '03 you have the advantage of lower sales volume than the other mode years. So far there are twice as many sedans sold in '04 than in '03.

Cool.

nk_zhp
07-19-2011, 09:45 AM
Sorry to bump this old thread but figured 700th registration is a good enough reason... so who's the lucky 700th !?!? :)

http://www.zhpregistry.net/Stats.aspx

Marcus-SanDiego
07-19-2011, 09:46 AM
Good bump.

nk_zhp
07-19-2011, 09:50 AM
BTW, notice not a single ZHP was built on January of 04 ... wonder what was going down in the factory... maybe free beer and wiener-schnitzel????

Marcus-SanDiego
07-19-2011, 09:56 AM
I can make an educated guess.

BMW often shuts the factory down in January. In 2009, when my 335 was being built, the same thing happened. I ordered the car in December. Didn't get a build date until January 26. Most of January the factory was shut down.

nk_zhp
07-19-2011, 09:59 AM
Well 9 minutes later ... party is over 701 :)

I guess I'll go back to what I was doing before...